CHAPTER LXXIX

The council deliberation had been going on for days but today the council summoned the people who are involved with the matter about the throne. Instead of the throne room, they decided to discuss it at the council room. The members of the council are coming in one by one as the time close by.

Sigmund together with his mother is already at the council room and waiting for others to arrive. They watch as the room filled with the members and their anticipation build up every moment. The last member arrived together with the woman that they deem as the biggest obstacle in taking the throne.

Eleanor walks inside the room, all eyes were on her. She walks in with dignified steps with her head held high, without any trace of nervousness. Everyone stood up and greeted her. She greeted the members with a nod and a smile but when her eyes landed to the pair of mother and son the smile faded but she still nods at them.

"Ahem..." Lord Devand who is the head council did fake cough to get the attention of the people around him and to start their meeting. The Queen Dowager seated at the right of the head council facing the pair of mother and son. Every one seated but one person remains standing as he walks towards the head table and with documents on his hands and when he reaches beside the head council he bowed his head slightly and started speaking.

"As we all know Duke Lynneville declared his claim to the throne and stated that he is a member of the royal family of the West that we all know as the Falcons. Duke Lynneville presented all these documents that will prove that all his claims are true, and it is indeed true," Lord Demande stated as he glanced at the Queen Dowager but the Queen Dowager remained expressionless.

"He is indeed the heir of the youngest child of the former head of the West, he and his sister is the last member of the head family," Demande said and he who paused in his speech for a while and cast a meaningful glance at Sigmund and this is not missed by the watchful of the Queen Dowager and her left brow lifted when she saw it.

"Are sure that he and his sister are the only last members of the head family of the West," Eleanor asked as she put her clasp hands at the top of the table as she stares at Helga. Lord Demande who was about to continue his report stops and look at the Queen Dowager feeling uneasy but decided to answer her.

"According to the information that we gathered, the former head has two sons, Noah Langley who is also the previous healer in the palace and Jasper Langley who is the youngest General of his generation. The eldest Noah Langley together with his family disappeared without a trace years ago and also presumed dead after years of not finding him and the youngest Jasper Langley died in the rebellion and left his wife and children,"

"That's all?" Eleanor asked when Lord Demande finished talking.

"Do have any reports about the eldest son's family? About his son?" she continued asking.

"Are you not listening sister? They're dead, what the use of finding more about them," Helga ask her with a mocking voice and a sneer on her face. Eleanor looks at her sister.

"Presumed Dead," Eleanor emphasized the words as she speaks, "And I must remind you Helga know your place, I am the Queen Dowager you should address me properly, have you forgotten how to address the people above you?"

Helga's face stiffens because of embarrassment, she was about to answer back but stop when her son holds her hand to stop her and all she can do is glares at Eleanor with all the hatred that she has for her.