CHAPTER 89: Sacred Maiden

Syl lament for a moment, "the previous is really pitiful and unfortunate. He had a choice but it was not presented to him at the time. Is he really destined to suffer?" he thought to himself. It was already in the past there is no sense in thinking about spilled milk what I need to know how this man knew the previous parents, he might know something about the previous fiancé.

Syl waited for the man to relax and to compose his emotion. "Here sir, drink some tea first so you could relax yourself" he urged the old man. Yamin took the cup from him and drink from it and took a deep breath to compose himself. Syl watches him and when he notice the Yamin is already fine he didn't hesitate to open his mouth to ask questions.

"Sir, can you tell me how you met my parents because honestly they never told me about you, have we met before?"

Yamin look at Syl when he heard him ask a question, he smiled him tenderly and looks away for a while before answering the person beside him. 

"We've never met before but I always write to your parents and they even send me your picture when you were little,"

"Why would they do that? What is your relationship with them?" Syl can help but question again after hearing that the previous parents even send him his picture.

"I grew up with your mother, I serve her as her knight she is one of my charges," Yamin answered him with a smile in his face, remembering his old friend.

Syl was taken aback, and think for a while, "Her Knight? Is my mother a member of a royal family in a different country?" he asked feeling confused.

"No she's not from a different country and she is not a member of the royal family. She's far from that, your mother is a sacred maiden," Yamin stated proudly and look at Syl, and he saw the young man confuse face and can't help but to ask him. "Don't tell me that you don't know about a sacred maiden?"

"Sacred maiden what was that I've never read that on the diary and it's not even in the previous memory," He thought when he saw the questioning look of Yamin. He just shakes his head as his answer to the old man question.

"Your mother never told you what she is?" Yamin asks again in surprise. And Syl shakes his head again on the second time.

"What exactly is my mother? can you tell me?" Yamin heard Syl and he contemplated if he will tell him or not when he heard Syl again. "Please, can you tell something about my mother? It's been long since I heard something about her," he said to him with a pleading tone in his voice.

Yamin sigh and look at Syl intently and took a deep breath "All right I tell everything I can about her,"

Syl felt relieved after hearing Yamin's answer and he smiled at him. "Thank you, sir, that means a lot to me,"

"Your mother Cecil is the second sacred maiden of the Sacred Valley, people believed that the sacred maidens are the heavens gift to our land. They are girls with different gifts from the heavens. It said that they are the ones to save the land from great distraction, they can also communicate with the heavens by their individual gifts and one of them is your mother. She is what we called as the messenger. She is the one who was able to talk to the heavens, they said that the heavens listen to her words or her words can reach them,"

"The first sacred maiden is the Queen Dowager, Eleanor she is what they called the seer, she was able to see the future, she uses this gift to warn the royal family about the calamity and other issues that the heavens what's them to avoid or to solve."

"Lauren the third sacred maiden, we called her the interpreter. I still remember her sweet smile. She's the one who loves flowers very much and loves to laugh. Her gift is to interpret the word of the heaven that was dreamed by her twin sister Helga which is the fourth sacred maiden, we called her the dreamer the heavens will manifest in her dreams and talk to her but she wasn't able to interpret them in her own it was her sister who was able to understand them. They were both dreaming the same dream, but if Lauren wasn't with Helga she can't dream about the heavens it was only Helga who can do that and without Lauren, she cannot interpret her own dream,"

Syl was astounded on what he heard. He never thought that there is more in the previous life. "These things weren't written in the previous diary, can these things help him change his end?" he thought to himself, but he was disturbed in his musing when he heard the next word from Yamin.

"But their lives change when King Rudolf and the other royals decide not to follow the prophecy of the previous sacred maiden, Astoria. Greed won over their faith. The sacred maidens keep reminding them about the prophecy but they won't listen until the heavens became angry, calamity and disaster keep coming right after the other,"

"They thought that marrying the sacred maidens to their heirs the heavens will accept it, but what they don't know is that the heavens will see that action as a betrayal. Then the war began, the country who always won the battle is being defeated by the other country little by little, they were losing their land and the people lives,"

"That is when the royal family realized what they've done and wanted to repent from their sins. They keep coming to your mother to talk to the heavens but the heavens won't respond to her prayers and words, and Eleanor can't see anything from the future, Helga never dreamed so there is no any message from Lauren,"

Syl waited for Yamin to continue but he didn't hear anything after that. He looks at the old man beside him and saw him staring at the black coffin in front of them. That's when he decided to ask him.

"How did they stop the war and calamities then? How come the people of Westmorr have this kind of life now?"

"The royal family gave offerings to the heaven," Yamin simply answered him

"What kind of offerings?" he asked again.

The old man suddenly patted his head. "I know you have a lot of question right now and I can see in your eyes, but I'm not the right person to tell you everything, there is someone who can clearly explain everything to you, and like I said this place is not that safe for you, just be patient young master Falcon," Yamin said and patted his hand and stood up and took the cups on the table.

"You better try to sleep again Consort Syl. The night is still long, you will need your strength, I will just take this to the kitchen and I'll be back again," Yamin said and was about to walk but stop by Syl.

Syl understands Yamin's words and knows that he will not tell him everything that he knows and he is telling him that this conversation is already over, that's why when he saw that he was about to get out he stopped him and took the cups from his hand. "I'll take this and get back to my room, Goodnight Sir Yamin,"

"Goodnight Consort Syl," he answered him and he went out of the living room and left Mr. Yamin who sat on his chair and open his book again.

"Why does he call my father as head of the West, and my mother is what they called a sacred maiden and even had a gift and what exactly the prophecy is?" Syl asked himself "What it's got to do with the previous?"

Yamin looks at the retreating back of Syl. "the heaven my guide you to your right path young master falcon, just a wait and everything will be put to its right place and the heavens will Will be fulfilled," he said to himself and close his eyes.