CHAPTER LIV

Ismael just wants to end his own life right here, right now. He never imagines that he will be in this kind of situation. He should never take that job from that woman. He shouldn't have believed what she told him about the Consort. If he just followed his instinct and stay far away from this place he should be living free and free of pain, instead of sitting in the dark dungeon of the palace, blood all over his body with pain in every inch of his body.

He didn't know what the Consort had done with him. He was confused on how he didn't hear the commotion outside that time. All he remembered was his too enthralled to the consort smell and allure that he could not stop himself to ravish him. That he didn't even know what is happening in his surrounding the moment he touches his lips to his skin his rationale all flew outside the window.

He was awakened from his trance when he felt the pain in his chest and saw the blood on it. What baffled him the most was that he can't move his body right after that. He was again awakened by a piercing pain from his wound and when he woke up in this dungeon and in front of him is old Morgan, the person that he didn't want to meet ever again. How can a lowly consort be protected by the King and Morgan? The woman from the Carrion trick him, she told him that no one will care if Syl Langley will disappear without a trace. Now he's regretting that he believed that woman.

His voice is echoing around the dungeon. He can't understand why every whip that they gave him will hurt a hundred times than the original pain. It's like his skin is very sensitive with the pain that he just wanted to die. He wanted to talk but he can't move his tongue the only thing that he could do is shout. Morgan is in front of him showing him a paper that has the image of the consort and an opal ring that the woman gave him as a payment.

"Where did you get this?" he heard Morgan asks. He wanted to answer his question to end his suffering but his tongue wouldn't move and he can't even utter any word. He wanted to move his head but just like his tongue it also won't move.

"I will ask you again where did you get this?" Morgan ask again and like earlier, the man in front of him won't speak. He didn't get why this person is being stubborn. They inflicted so many wounds and cuts all over his body, he even breaks some of his bone but this man won't still give him names. He's actually starting to respect this man's loyalty to his master.

"Oh come on Ismael I'll never thought that you're like this, even in front of this kind of torture you are so determined to keep your mouth shut. I'm starting to admire right now," Morgan said with a smile on his pain. "Now this is the last time that I will ask you, Where did you get this?" the man did not answer him instead he heard him whimpered but he didn't care about it. "Oh, this is what you want ha?" Morgan grabs one of Ismael's fingers and bends it until it reaches the back of his hand. Morgan heard bones breaking while he did it but he didn't stop. He needs to have names.

"He will never be able to answer you," He heard a familiar voice said behind his back, when he looked back he saw the King standing just behind him. He was confused on what he just said to him. "What do you mean?" he asked the King.

"My consort did a great job on poisoning him. He won't be able to talk or move until that poison is gone from his system, the King answered him. He looks at the King's face but he can't see any expression on his face. The King is wearing his cold mask it only means that the King that is in front of him is the ruthless Archid.

"What's that in your hand?" He heard the King ask him. He looks at the piece of paper in his hand and gives it to Archid. The King takes the paper and open it. He saw the face of the consort drawn in that piece of paper, he stared at the drawing he knew already who did this. He's very familiar with this style of drawing because he was once being drawn by the same hand. He clutches the paper in his hand with anger.

"Your Majesty and we also found this," he heard Morgan said and he looks at the thing that he was giving him, it is the opal ring that he once gave to his consort. His intuition is right it was her. He should have killed her the moment he caught her lying to him. He shouldn't have shown any mercy towards her.

"I should have killed her before!" Morgan heard what the King just said, he knew who did this, he thought to himself. He watches as the King looks at the man in front of him. Faust who is beside him also heard this and they look at each other they both don't have any idea who's this person is, but Gerard who is behind the King knew exactly who it is.

Ismael saw the look on the King's face when he saw the paper and from there he knows that his life won't last long. He could only wish for a quick death, he already suffered too much with the pain that he experiences in the hands of this old general. He also heard that the consort poison him. He didn't even remember when did that happen. He should've touched that person in the first. If only he knew that this will happened, he would never believe or listen to that woman.

The woman told him that person is an idiot but today he realizes that she was lying to him, that person is a cunning and smart man. He couldn't understand how that person is able to poison him without knowing it, but before he could comprehend more he saw the King in front of him and felt nothing until darkness consumes him.

They watch as the King came near the man who is sitting in front of them covered with his own blood and not a minute past they saw something rolling on the floor covered with blood and when their gaze return to the King they saw him holding his sword in his hand and sheathed back and turn away from the headless body.

"Gerard, Faust I want you to find Lady Amanda and bring her to me. When you find her put her in the dungeon I'll deal with her myself when I get back. Do you understand?" He ordered him with his cold voice. Gerard and Faust stood straight and put they're right fist in their left chest and bowed. "Yes, Your Majesty," they both answered him.

Archid just nodded and left with a heavy stride and dark aura surrounding him. Morgan just watched the king's back until it disappeared from his sight, his old student loss his patience again, this is one of the reason why they don't want Archid to be angry, his the type of person who doesn't like to talk he will strike whenever he wants too.

Morgan looks at the detached head of Ismael that fell on the ground earlier. It was a pity for you choose to go against the King and touch someone that his. You are too naïve to believe someone that you didn't know. If what the King just said about you being poisoned by the consort is true then that child is much dangerous than anyone that he had met in his life. He wouldn't dream of going against that person. Morgan took one more last look at the head and walk out of the dungeon.