CHAPTER 47 : That should be me

In the far village in the west land of Wessmor a woman wearing a simple dark blue dress that is commonly worn by the females in the field is looking at the mirror with a grim look on her face. The once luscious and shining brown hair is now dull and dry, her once beautiful and vibrant face is now pale and has dark bags under her eyes. She looks so stress and worn out. No one would ever think that this woman was once the favored consort of the King.

Lady Amanda immediately fled from her mansion when her trusted person within the royal servants sent a message telling her to get out of the palace because Ms. Whitter has been caught by the Consort of Jasmine abusing the princes and this woman may probably rat her out.

She was scared of her life that she decided to escape following that person's advice. She's afraid to face the King's wrath and probably the Prince and that will be hell for her. She immediately grabs some of her jewelry and money with her. She left the palace without telling anyone.

She arrived in their estate early morning and received by her mother with open arms and she told her everything that happened to her and the reason why she's there, unknown to her that her brother is already beside the door of the leaving room and heard her story.

"Then you should not be here, you need to leave," she heard the stern voice of her brother. She was shocked at what she heard and she got up from her seat. "How could you say that to me, I'm your sister," she shouted at him while still crying her mother stood up and embrace her. "Sigmund don't be too hard on your sister." Helga their mother reprimanded her son while comforting her daughter.

Sigmund sigh while massaging the bridge of his nose. "Mother I'm not being hard on her I was just saying the truth. Where do you think the first place that King will look for her?" He asked them.

The mother and daughter look at the Duke who look back at them. Then Helga understands what her son is implying and he was right. The first place that they will look is here in their estate. She just hugs her daughter and grieved for her misfortune. While Amanda continued to cry until she lost her strength to stand and fell down on the floor.

"I told you that this might happen to you, but you didn't listen. I warned you so many times that don't touch the princes but you still did and look what happened to you, always bragging that you will be the Queen, then where is the crown, my dear sister? It's still not on your head. All I could see is a label criminal by the King!" Sigmund shouted at his spoiled conceited sister.

"I thought he loves me!" Amanda shouted when she had enough of his brother's scolding.

"Love?! You think he loves you?" Sigmund shouted angrily to his sister's reasoning. "You're out of your mind Amanda, The King loves no one. He might like you yes but love no. he might enjoy your company, your body. but when he's tired with you he could throw you out just like what he did to you now. St.John's are not capable of loving and mother knows that herself," he said in a low voice.

"You need to leave now. The King's men may be on their way here as we speak. I will arrange a place for you in Carrion you will stay there until I call for you," he stated

"Carrion that too far brother, she protested. "Yes, that is the best place to hide until I'll find a way to send you in another land or I get everything settled by then," Sigmund said with finality. "Then I'll take three of my servants," she tried to negotiate with him.

"No, you're only going to take one. That or risk being caught by the King? Amanda what would it be?" he asked getting irritated with his sister.

Amanda felt defeated, her brother is right she needs to hide or her head will be cut off. She agreed with a heavy heart. That day she traveled in the most secluded village in the west together with her servant alone, without any sign that she's a mistress of a rich family or a consort of the King.

Tears fall from Amanda's face while looking at her appearance in the mirror. She grieved the loss of her status, the loss of her once glamorous life. People use to envy her and clamored to her feet to get her favor and in just a blink of an eye everything changes. Now she is lower than a servant she's labeled as a criminal, every day she feared that someone might recognize her. Even her brother who is duke can't even provide her a much better hiding place to conceal her identity.

"All of this is because of you Syl Langley. You stole everything that is mine. It should be in your place. I should be with the King not you," she said full of resentment toward Syl. Her anger towards Syl intensified when she received a message from her mother telling her the situation inside the palace. She said that the Consort of Jasmine is getting the attention of the King and becoming the favored Consort. They said the King trusted him and he is always spotted in the Consort Villa he even offered him her villa.

The Queen Dowager is his benefactor, The Crown Prince and the Little Prince adored and love him. The Prince acknowledges him and they said the King is starting to like him more than he ever likes anyone. Those are the words that she can never forget in her mother's letter. "That should be me!" She said to herself while clutching the letter in her hand. Then she remembers what her servant told her the other day, that a ruffian who stayed in the village for a while will be going back in the capital in a couple of days. That is when she formulated a plan and she needs the man to execute her plan.

Amanda decided to meet the man tonight to strike a deal with him and if everything goes according to her plans, she will watch Syl fall and she will take everything that was hers. She looks at the mirror with a sinister smile on her face and put the hood on her head that will cover half of her face and left.