CHAPTER XC

"Your Majesty, The procession is now at the Bocchana village and now staying in Sir Yamin house, they were leaving the village early in the morning as we planned," Patrick told Archid after they just end their daily meeting that night.

Archid didn't say anything and just nod at one of his trusted men.

"Ahh... the hard-headed Consort is coming. I wonder who's riding with him this time." Nick said playfully while slightly looking at his brother.

Archid heard his brother and look at him with furrowed brows, He was about to ask him when Nick suddenly got from his seat.

"Ahh it's late and I'm tired, I'm living first Your Majesty," he bowed to his brother with a silly smile on his face and went away whistling. Archid looks at the retreating back of his brother, he knows that Nick is keeping something from him about his consort and that makes want to know more but his brother already runs away from him.

***
"Brother, you're already awake?" Ren said quite surprise to Syl who was already in the dining room sitting in his chair and sipping a hot coffee.

Syl looks at Ren who standing at the doorway, he smiled at him and gestured for his younger brother to sit beside him. "Yes, I know it's amazing that I'm awake this early in the morning, It's not because I woke up early it's because I didn't sleep at all," he said and he hugs Ren when he sat beside him.

Ren who was caught off guard by his brother's gesture just sighed and patted his back. "What wrong, I remember before I left you yesterday you were already sleeping. How come you didn't have enough sleep?" Ren asks him worriedly.

Syl woke up earlier than the others he wasn't able to go back to sleep after that talking with Yamin. All the things he learned last night was really something for him to think about. Especially those things had something to do with the previous not so very nice ending. Why are those things just coming right now? None of it was known to the previous then why now? Those are the question that kept him from going back to sleep.

"You two really love each other so much that you even hug each other this early in the morning," Syl's head lifted from Ren's shoulder and looks at Nathan who said those words teasing the two brothers. "I wonder what his Majesty and the Prince will say when they saw this?" Nathan continued with a smile on his face and sat down on his chair.

"And what's that got to do with them. I will hug Ren as long as I want they have nothing to say about it," Syl said irritably while he let go of Ren and sat properly on his own seat and drinks his coffee again.

"You didn't sleep well last night Consort? You have big circles under your eyes?" Gerard who came with Nathan asks when he had a proper look at Syl.

Syl look at Gerard and put down his cup, "it's that bad?" he asked while he touches under his eyes.

Gerard did say anything and just nodded at him and started eating his own breakfast.

"Brother, are you all right or do you want to rest first before we continue our journey?" Ren asks worriedly because of Syl's condition.

"I'm sorry Ren but we cannot delay our journey, We have to reach Woodsville before sun down today, the Regent already send his message that a group of soldiers are waiting for us in Woodsville," Nathan said before Syl could answer Ren.

Syl looks at the people who are on the other side of the table. The atmosphere became heavy after Nathan said those words.

When they were on the other village they received a message from a noble who lives there and that the council already decided to name the new ruler of the Land but instead for the young Crown Prince Cain they named the Duke of Lynneville to be the King Regent while the Crown Prince is young to take the throne.

These moves made by the council only strengthen their suspicions that there is someone who wants to take the throne from Archid, especially after the attempt assassination to the King.

"They are so eager to check if his Majesty is really dead, by sending that troops for them to escort us back to the palace and to check if the King's body is really inside that coffin," Gerard said with hatred in eyes.

"Be careful with your words young one, it may put you in not so good situation, I never taught you to be harsh," Yamin said from the doorway. Everyone look greeted him.

"As I said to the Consort last night, this palace is not so safe to say such things we don't know who's out there listening to every word that coming from our mouths at this time," he said while he takes his seat.

"Who will dare to that in your home Master? No one will dare because you will find them out first before they take their first breath," Nathan praised his Master.

"Ah... what can these old bones can do, I leave the fighting to the young ones like you," Yamin said with a smile on his face. "Go on eat up, you should eat more because you will need your strength, there is a long journey up ahead, especially you Consort Syl you didn't have enough sleep so you need to eat more to stabilize your strength." he continued while he smiles at them.

After their breakfast, everyone started packing the things that they need to bring on their journey. Yamin even prepares food and water for them to take on their procession.

Yamin headed the ritual of sending the dead on his final resting place for the dead with the people of the village some of them offered flowers and candles some even gave them food. They loaded the coffin in the metal cart again. Everyone made their last goodbye and left the place until it was Yamin and his men were left with Syl and the others.

"It was nice meeting you Sir Yamin, take care of yourself hope to see you again," Syl said and held the old man's hand.

"Take care Consort of Jasmine may the heavens will always with you child," Yamin answered while he tapped Syl's hand that grasping his own. Syl nodded and smiled at him before letting go of his hand and went inside the carriage that Yamin lends them for him to catch some sleep again.

"Thank you for letting us stay in your place and it was nice knowing you Sir Yamin," Ren said before getting inside the carriage. This is the first time that he actually spoke at the old man. Since yesterday and today's breakfast, he will sometimes catch the man looking at him as if he's being reminded of someone he wanted to ask him but he didn't know how to begin until he ends up not asking at all.

He looks at the old man for a minute and waited for him to say something but he didn't say anything, then Ren bowed his head and was about to turn around and climb inside but his wrist was grasped by Mr. Yamin.

"Wait can you tell me your parent's name?" he heard Yamin ask him.

Ren turns to Yamin quite stunned by the old man's question, he wanders why but still decided to answer him. "My parent's name is Cris and Monica Fletcher,"

"I see," that the only thing that Yamin said after telling him his parent's name.

"Why do you ask Sir? Do you know them?" Ren can't help asking again.

"I don't know your parents but you remind me of someone I knew, You look exactly like her, for some time I thought you are that person's child, if I didn't know that the child was already dead I will think that it was you, he will be your exact age if he was still alive," Yamin said while he patted Ren's shoulder.

Ren didn't know how to respond to this and just nodded his head to show that he understands. He saw Yamin smiled at him and he smiles back at the old man. "Take care of your brother and yourself. Young Ren," he heard Mr. Yamin said to him.

"Yes, I will," he answered him and bowed last time and went up inside the carriage.

Gerard and Nathan whose already said their goodbyes to him are already riding their horses and walk in front of him and nodded before urging their horses to run.

Yamin watches the procession getting away from his place with a worried look, "heavens I beg you please watch over these young ones, my misses please guide your sons in this journey," he said and bowed at the departing procession.