CHAPTER 30: Royal Healer

Nathan heard the news that the boy the consort brought to his villa is getting better. That's why he decided to visit them and was surprised to see the boy playing outside in the garden the wounds on his face are dry and healing in a fast phase considering that it was a sign of decaying disease.

Now Nathan is sitting in the front porch of the Jasmine Villa while drinking tea which he had never tasted before.

The consort's brother told him that the one who made the tea was his brother. He was told that the consort is out, but he insisted to wait for him because he wants to ask him about what he had done to the child.

This consort was surprising him every time. First, declining to see him, though he said that he was sent by the King, Second by not backing down to anyone when it comes to the child and for being confident that he can cure the child and he proved them that he can and now with this new tea that he liked so much.

Syl, who is in front of his house gate saw the Kings friend who also happened to be the healer of the royal family on his porch. Syl felt reluctant to approach this person, he doesn't know if he could trust him because he is close to the King.

The last time that he saw him was in the marketplace when he accidentally brash passed him and he had a glimpse from the previous memory about this man. Apparently, he was the one who delivered the poison that killed him together with a scary looking man who slammed the door at that time. He also remembers reading something about him in the previous diary.

Today I was brought to the forbidden palace because I was accused of poisoning the crown prince. I noticed that the crown prince is getting paler every time I see him and I was worried and I decided to notify the royal healer. After examining the child he said the crown prince is being poisoned. The King was furious after knowing this and ordered that all the food and drinks that were served to the crown prince be check and in my horror, the one that proved to be poisoned is the concoction that I made for the crown prince.

I was put into trial. I told them that I was the one who made the concoction it was a medicine to strengthen the lungs of the crown prince, it was the same medicine that my father gave me when was young but the one who brings them to the crown prince is the Lady of Lotus.

I denied every accusation that they gave me, but it's my word against the Lady of Lotus. I will never win against her. On the day of my trial the royal healer was there he tried to defend me by saying that I was the one who told him to check on the crown prince. If I really wanted to kill him I wouldn't tell want I observe but they rebutted it by saying that I've done it on purpose to save myself. In the end, I was persecuted by trying to poison the crown prince.

In the memories of the previous, he saw that Nathan apologize for not able to save him and the previous accepted his apology.

Nathan saw the approaching consort he stood up and greeted him when he steps on the porch. "Good afternoon Consort of Jasmine," and he bowed at the consort

Syl greeted him back. "Good afternoon to you too royal healer, I hope you don't mind me asking but what's the reason for your visit? Does the King send you to check up on us?" he asked upfront to Nathan.

Syl is a straightforward person he hated people who go around the bush before telling their true intentions. "As you can see where still all healthy and no one is sick in this household," he continued looking at the royal healer who is smiling at him.

Nathan is surprised on how straightforward this consort is and he commended him on that. He actually admires this person's bravery and bluntness a person who was not afraid to speak his mind.

"Actually, consort of Jasmine I came here on my own even the King doesn't know that I'm here," he explained.

"Please just call me Syl, That name is to long don't you think so? It's kinda tiring to say and to hear," Syl interrupted him.

Nathan looked at Syl confusedly. Syl saw this and just shrugged, "honestly I'm not really fond of courtesies," he said and Nathan nodded at that and smiled. This consort is indeed different from the others, he said to himself. "My true intention of going here is to see if the child was truly getting better? I was curious about how you cured him," he told the consort.

"Oh, that," Syl realizes that Nathan is a doctor he would be curious and he might think that the boils are decaying disease that can't be treated. He realized that this person was just plain curious on how he cured the child and now he felt like an ass on how he treated him earlier.

"I'm sorry on how I acted earlier, I was just..". Syl trailed of feeling ashamed.

"Hostile towards me, I understand why, even I will act the way you did if I was in your place," Nathan stated with understanding.

Syl felt relieved on how Nathan viewed his situation, he then gestured him to sit down on one of the chairs in the porch.

"Actually, it was not a decaying disease. Some may think it is, but it's not. It was just a skin abscess. It just needs to drain the pus and apply the medicine to dry the wound and also the person needs to take a bath frequently. It is common for kids with sensitive skin," Syl explained.

"Are you telling me that it was just a skin infection?" Nathan asked curiously because it was his first time hearing that a wound like that needs to be drained. Did this person really dare to drain the bacteria out of the person's wound? He looked at Syl who's now drinking his tea that was just brought by his brother.

Syl was about to answer Nathan when a carriage stops together with a man on his horse outside his Villa. Another visitor he hopes it's not the King. Syl thought to himself.

"It's Gerard," Syl heard the man beside him uttered when he saw the person riding on the horse. The man goes down and walks towards them. "Consort," he greeted and bowed at him.

"Gerard," Nathan called his friends name to get his attention. When he looked up and saw the person who called him he's surprised to see his friend who is rarely out of his sanctuary.

"What are you doing here Nathan?" Gerard asked his friend.

"I'm here to visit the consort," Nathan answered his friend confused on why his stoic friend is here. "And you why are you here?" he asked Gerard.

"Well, I'm here to get the consort of Jasmine. The King wants to talk to Consort Syl,". Gerard answers his friend's inquiry and telling Syl on his intention of being there.

"Ei! Me?" he asked while pointing to himself. "The King wants to see me why?"

"I don't know the reason why his majesty is summoning you, I was ordered to get you Consort of Jasmine," Gerard answered him.

Nathan raised one of his brows when he heard Gerard. It is impossible that he doesn't know the reason why Archid is summoning Syl. He tried getting his friend's attention again, but he doesn't look at him. He got a bad feeling about this and he wants to know about it.

Syl looks at the man in front of him and he notices his uneasiness. Something is not good when it comes to that King, he thought. "Fine, let's go," he said to Gerard and he bowed at him.

"I'm coming too," they both look at Nathan who is standing behind Syl. He walks towards Syl and looks at him. "We're going in the same way so I think it's fine and I just walked when I came here, I hope you don't mind me having a ride with you," Nathan said.

"Oh it's fine," Syl told him. Syl called his brother and inform him that he's being summoned by the King and ask him to look after the children while he is gone. After that Nathan and Syl, both followed Gerard to the carriage.