CHAPTER 48 : Changes

Syl's life inside the palace is quite peaceful these passing days. His bantering with the King lessen, unlike before that they can't help but bite each other's throat when they were inside of one room, but now they learn to bear with each other for the sake of the children in his care. His already use to the King and the Prince popping in and out of his house without a care.

His once quiet and lonely house is full of children's laughter. It is really hard to care for four lively children and thanks for Hans and Lily he can manage between his business and the children but he always make sure to be with them every day to watch their studies and their progress.

It's been days since Lily and Hans arrive at the Jasmine Villa. At first, they were afraid that they were summoned by the King, thinking that the King will interrogate them or worst punish them for not speaking early about the situation of the Princes, but they were surprised that they were brought to the Jasmine Villa to work for the consort.

They were both honored to be chosen by the consort to work for him. They are the first to be accepted by the consort to work for him, it means that the consort acknowledges them himself. The Consort of Jasmine reputation inside and outside the palace is being praised by many. Everyone knew him as the kindhearted and valiant Consort of the King and to be able to work for him is a privilege.

They were shocked when the consort ask them himself if they can work for him. They are both stunned on how he respected their opinion about them working for him. None of the nobles has done that before. Servants will be brought to the house that they will serve and expected to work right away with or without their consent, but its different with the consort and they were overwhelmed and they immediately agreed to work with the consort.

There are few rules in the Jasmine Villa first, the word Master is not allowed inside the villa they were told to address the consort as sir or if in the presence of the royal family they can call him Consort. Even the brother of the consort told them just to call him Ren or Sir if needed. Same of the two little brothers they just want to be addressed by their names, except for the Crown Prince and Prince Shane with great dismay in the part of the Princes.

The second is they were not allowed to sleep in the servants quarters, in fact no one is allowed to step in there without the Consorts permission. Thus they were told to choose a room upstairs that left them dumbstruck for a while. This is too much for a servant like them. To live in a house with important people and still be treated as an equal and family. They are even allowed to eat with them.

They were so amazed on how grounded the Consort is, even the Crown Prince and Prince Shane who was aloof before are now happily chatting and playing with them without any reservation. They even regard them with respect. Thus this two serve them with respect and adoration. The Jasmine household is indeed a strange house to live in.

"Can you look after children for a while because I need to go to the capital to old Morgan's place? It is the time of the month for me to visit them and I can't bring them this time so I'm living them to your care Lily can you handle it? Ren is still in the woods with snow looking for some wild herbs I can't wait for him any longer I have to leave now," he ask Lily feeling quite regretful that he had to leave the children with her alone without any help because Hans is not here today, he let him visit his family.

Lily look at her master appreciatively because she knows that her master is reluctant to leave her with the children not because he doesn't trust her, but because he's worried that it would be hard for her to care for the children by herself, but to all honesty those children are not hard to look after, they were all good children they know how to behave when the consort is not here, they just acted spoiled when the consort is here because they like being dotted by him. "You don't have to worry about me Sir the children are all well behave because you teach them well," she answered him with assurance in her voice.

The Consort looks at her, doubt evident in his eyes thinking if she's telling the truth. She then smiled at him and nod and fortunately the consort believe her. He walks outside and waves at her. "I'll be back before sundown," he said to her. Syl runs towards the gate were the servants and guards use to get out of the palace because it is nearer in his place and his ride is already waiting outside this gate.

Syl is now out of the palace sitting idly in the back of the cart of vegetables, who delivers vegetables inside the palace and serve as his ride whenever he went outside. He was watching the scenery as the cart pullsout from the palace when he notices a man riding in his horse past them. Syl notices that this man is bearing the crest of the Black Turtle clan on his armor.

This clan is led by Prince Nicholas that is situated in the north part of Wessmor. The man looks kind of tense. Does something happen outside the border? Syl thought to himself. Maybe that is why he's rushing to get into the palace. "It was for the King to worry about not for me," he told himself and laid down and watch the clouds above while the cart moves towards the Capital.

Archid just finished his morning court when Bhaer announces the presence of Faust Mccabe the second man of Prince Nicholas in the Clan of Black Turtle. He ordered him to let Faust in. The people who are still in the throne room are his brother Prince Nicholas, General Gerard and the Queen Dowager.

Faust upon seeing the King in front of him bowed. Archid acknowledges his presence and nods at him. "How's the situation in Tupah Village," he inquired right away.

Weeks ago a messenger from the Earl of Seville that lives in Tupah village came and handed him a letter asking for help. According to the Earl children and elderly are getting sick each day, some already died. Crops are also dying and there are many sightings of bandits outside the village targeting the merchants going inside the village.

The King immediately sent Faust and some of his men to oversee the situation and to know if it was true and he's been waiting for his report ever since. He's eager to go to the village and help his people himself.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty but the situation in Tupah Village is true. We tried to ease their situation by helping with resources that you ask us to bring with us, but those are not enough. We only manage to drive away the bandits but I doubt that they will stop. We need to capture them Your Majesty. I'm sorry, Your Majesty. Faust ended his report and waited for the King's decision.

Archid didn't speak first he sat on the throne massaging his forehead while everyone inside the room is waiting for his decision.

"Very well," the King said after a while with a firm decision on his head everyone attention is on him. "I'm going to Tupah myself, will leave tomorrow morning," his words are absolute.

"Bhaer," he called the attention of his chief aide "prepare everything that is needed for the trip to Tupah ask Faust what are the supplies that the people of Tupah needs," he looks at Bhaer to Faust and they both nodded to him and walk outside the room.

"Nicholas your coming with me gathered enough troops with you. He said looking at his brother," the Prince nodded with him.

"Mother can you tell Nathan that his coming with me to Tupah I'll be needing his skills to help those people who need medical attention, and i trust that you can manage the palace while im gone," Archid tells his mother. He always leave the palace matters with his mother whenever he had things to do outside the palace or when he had to leave his Kingdom that is why this is not new for the Queen Dowager.

"Of course," the Queen Dowager answered his son.

"You're taking Nathan with you who will look after the Queen Mother and the Princes health while he's not here?" Prince Nick asks concern for the wellbeing of their family members who will be left inside the palace.

"I know Consort Syl will look after them even without me asking," the King answered. "You trust him that much?" Prince Nick asks quite surprise but the King didn't speak and ignore him and turn to Gerard.

"Gerard arrange our troops but you're staying here I'm taking your second. I trust you to watch over my Mother and My son and nephew. Can you do it?" the King asked meaningfully to Gerard. "Yes, Your Majesty" Gerard bowed with understanding.

Everyone is at loss when they heard the King ordered Gerard to stay behind. "Is something happened with this two that they don't know?" Prince Nick thought to himself.