CHAPTER 29: Report

"What he's been doing?" Archid asked Gerard when his brother left the room. He asked Gerard a few days ago to follow and watch Syl and his household.

"What the Prince said just now was true, the child is getting better. The consort hasn't been out for days, He's been inside his villa looking after the child even the two other boys doesn't go out. But today and yesterday the consort went out alone he was seen in the market place," Gerard informed him

"Is he selling again?" Archid asked with a raised brow.

"No. his been buying fabrics and children shoes and other supplies but what surprised me is how the people in the market treated him," Gerard stated

"What do you mean?" The King question him

"The first store that he visited was the Smith Seamstress. The usual scowling Madam greeted him with a smile and she even gave him 2 new sets of children's clothes and some of her grandson's used clothes. For what I've heard she wanted to thank him for what he had done for her grandson and also to help those children. The consort refused in taking the new clothes, but the madam insisted and asked the consort again to look at her grandson and bring her the same medicine that he gave them. The consort agreed but before the consort left he still bought fabrics from her and she still gave him a large discount,"

"The second store that he went in is the shoemaker Mr. Otto who also greeted him as if they were close. He went there to pick up 2 shoes that he ordered the last time that they were there but the same thing happened he gave him two shoes and slippers, one each for the children. The consort wanted to pay him but he refused like the Madam Smith. Then I heard the consort told him that he will just give them another bottle of medicine for his mother in law."

"Today he went out but he did not go to the marketplace. I followed him and he went to the farmer's village. I saw him giving medicine to the people and he even looks at the sick elderly and children and not just the village and he also has done the same thing in the area were some of the peasant stays but instead of turning him away they greeted him, they treated him as their friend he laughed and make jokes with them."

"You know what the weird thing is Your Majesty," Gerard stated. The King didn't speak and just motion for him to continue.

"Those people just called him by his name. All of them had called him Syl," Gerard said

"Why?" the King asks looking confused, his people knew how to address the royal family, consorts and other nobles. They already knew that Syl is a consort since they witness what happened last time. It's just natural for the people to address him with his title.

"It was the consort who insisted not to use that kind of courtesies on him. He told them it was just a title and nothing more," Gerard said ending his report to the King.

The King who looked uninterested earlier is furious. He wanted to see the consort right away, to put him in his right place. He dared to disrespect him in front of his people and for him not to acknowledge his own title. What is he playing at, by getting the sympathy of his people by helping them? The King thought to himself.

"I want you to get the consort and bring him to me," tell Bhaer to call for my mother and brother. He ordered Gerard looking fierce. Gerard knew that his friend is just holding his temper and about to burst.

Gerard stood up and bowed but before he was out of the door he heard the King muttered to himself. "Someone needs to learn his lessons and I'd like to see him cry," it makes the hair in his nape raise up.

Unbeknownst to the King and Gerard someone had heard their conversation and she's so very delighted to know that the King is angry with the consort of Jasmine and also excited to see what will happen to him.

Lady Amanda got tried waiting for the King to come and get her from her brother's place. She's been waiting far too long, her brother is in doubt that the King will pick her up or sent someone to get her and she's getting annoying each day. So she decided to come back herself.

She's afraid of what her brother's been telling her might be right. She doesn't want to lose the King's favor she has to many plans and she can afford to lose it. She needs to show the King that she is on his side and that she's the right woman to fill the throne as the Queen of the land.

She also feels weary of how the King acts towards Syl Langley. She knows that he's got his eyes on the consort now. She notices it every time that they were together and the King is not visiting her bed anymore since the incident in the waterfalls happened.

She was shocked to see the King kiss Syl aggressively and she saw the way the King looked at Syl when he emerges from the water. He's looking at him with lust and what irritates her more the King completely forgot her existence that day, he even left her in the falls and followed Syl just to taunt him and he didn't even apologize to her.

She's worried that the King will leave her and come to Syl instead. She's now regretting the day that he brought Syl in front of the King she didn't imagine that her plans were going to backfire on her.

But now all the doubts in her mind are gone when he heard the angry voice of the King asking to get Syl. "He didn't like him after all. I'm still his favorite," she murmured to herself feeling giddy and satisfied. She decided to come inside the throne room and great the King and also to watch a certain consort to be humiliated.