CHAPTER 46 : Request

"Eh?" Syl is dumbfounded on what he just heard. He didn't know how to react to this. He looks at the King and Prince Nick, "is it true Your Majesty?" he asked.

The King didn't say anything and just nodded his head. "But why here?" he asked feeling confused with the situation. Why on earth this two decided to put their children in his care? Syl thought to himself.

"Because they want to be here," the King answered nonchalantly as if it was a normal matter for him. "Ha?" Syl, ask not sure if this really true or this people are just playing with him.

"Why consort don't you want us to be here?" ask by the Crown Prince who looks worried, "do you hate us now?" asked by the little Prince who is about to cry.

"No no no..." he hurriedly says when he saw the face of the two boys. "I would love to have you here both. But you know, my place is not as big as the residence and it's too far away from the main palace. My leaving situation is not as grand as yours when you are at the residence so I was just worried that you won't enjoy my place."

"That won't be a problem we love it here!" said by the Crown Prince who had a big smile on his face. "We love to be with you and Ren, and it always nice to learned and play with Fredrick and Georgie," the little Prince exclaimed while staring at him with his hopeful eyes.

Syl who is reluctant to accept this arrangement felt defeated by the hopeful eyes and the innocent smile of the children. Syl sigh kids are really are my weakness, he thought to himself. He then looks at the boys, "Guess I don't have a choice do I?" He said and smiled at them.

When the Princes heard what he said they both jump for joy, Fredrick and Georgie run towards them and join them in their jumping party. The adults were seated and watch the fun until they got tired and Prince Shane persuade them to play in the garden again and the three complied.

When the children are gone the King turns to Syl. "Consort Syl I don't want to intrude in your living arrangement but I think you should take a few servants now," Syl was about to oppose the King but was interrupted by Prince Nick.

"I agree with the King, taking care of four children is a hard task. We know that you also have things to do on your own and you won't be with them every time, you need someone to look after them when you're not around," Prince Nick said.

"I could look after them too it won't be that hard," Ren stated when he saw the hesitation on his brothers face, he knows that his brother doesn't trust people that he didn't know.

"I know Ren that you are capable but there are things that you can't do alone. I know that you are the one who cooks in this house and the one who always tends to your plans and you're also taking lesson from your brother. I know that things here also get a bit tight when the horses arrived you both are helping Fredrick to tend to them, though Fredrick is capable with that he is still a child there are limits with his little hands can do," the King said.

Syl heard all their reasoning and like it or not they're all right. He can't just toss the responsibility with Ren when he had things to do on his own, His been doing too much though he knew that Ren like what he was doing he didn't want him to exhaust himself and Ren's lesson are also important he saw potential on his brother and besides taking care of four children is really hard.

Syl took a deep breath. "Yes I think it is time for us to take some help," he said while looking at Ren. Ren saw it and just nods at him.

Good, then I will send the servants here when I get back to the palace. The King said.

"No I won't take servants from the main palace and I will just take two beside I don't trust them," he said to the King. Archid looks at his consort and saw his eyes. He then knew that he cannot persuade this man any more he didn't want to push his luck it was good that he agreed to take people in here.

"Alright, then just two. Do you have anyone in mind?" the King answered and asked him.

The Prince was surprised to hear that the King agreed to the Consort condition, he thought that he will refuse him but he guess he's wrong. His brother must really trust the Consort of Jasmine to just agree with him just like that.

"Yes I do. I want Lily and Hans from the Princes residence," he said confidently.

"Why them any reason?" Prince Nick asks when he heard that they came from the Prince residence he doesn't trust the servants that use to work to the princes residence. All of them are already been sent outside after the incident.

Syl knew that all the servant from the Princes residence were all sent outside even those two who ask him to save the children. He wants to help those two to get back inside the palace he was just trying to find the right time to ask the Queen Dowager, but he thinks that this is the right time to help them.

"They were the one who notified me about the children's situation, they were trying to help them. That's why I trust those two. They are just afraid that you will not believe them and be send outside and leave the boys in the hand of that woman," Syl answered the prince.

"Then it's settled. I will send someone to get them and bring them here tomorrow morning," the King said and got up. I think it time for us to leave. Archid gesture to his brother and Prince Nick stood up followed by Ren and went to the garden to call for the princes.

Syl walked them into their carriage, the Crown Prince is already seated inside the carriage while the other father and son are in their own ride. Before the King climb inside the carriage he turn to Syl.

"Thank you for letting them to stay with you," he said while he took Syl's hand.

Syl was surprised when the King held his hand but he didn't show it, instead he pulled his hand awkwardly and look at the King. "I still don't like you Your Majesty, but it doesn't mean that I hate them too, in fact, I love them both so you don't have to thank me, I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it for them," he stated straightforwardly.

Archid felt a slight pang on his chest when he heard the consort said that he still disn't like him but he didn't bother with it too much. "I understand," he said and he nods to Syl and went inside the carriage and didn't look back.

The King remembered Syl saying that he loved the children. I wonder if he can love me too? He thought to himself and was surprised when he realized what he just thought. He shakes his head not believing on what he just think earlier. How can I expect someone to love me if I didn't know what love is myself? He thought and had a sad smile on his face.