CHAPTER LXXXII

A man sitting on top of the rock beside a lake, he has a fishing rod on his hand waiting patiently for the fish to take his bait.

Prince Nicholas watches his brother as he sat there fishing on his own. He was wearing regular clothes, you can't see any sign of wealth or royalty on his clothes but once his brother started to talk or move his true upbringing will be seen and will be noticed by everyone around him.

Ever since Nicholas was young he always watches his brother's every move. He always carries himself with dignity and power. He will always hold the reins around him, he never saw him waver. His brother takes his responsibility seriously, he's always on his feet never taking a break when there is something that he needs to do. It is rare for him to see his brother this unguarded and relax. So watching his brother fish alone is a new site for him.

He never wanted to be in his brother's shoes, some may think that his eyeing the throne from his brother but they were wrong. He already has too many problems on his plate and managing a whole country is not in his wish.

Nicholas is proud to call this man his brother and his King and serve him. Some may think that is he is blindly following his brother but this how he shows his respect to the man who always had his back no matter what. His brother had been through so many things in his life and he never saw him gave up even at his lowest time. It is not because of his mark that he has been loyal to him, or because he is his brother. It is because this man is worth his trust, loyalty and respect.

"When will you decide to come out of that place brother?" he heard Archid ask not even looking in his direction. Nicholas sighs and came out of his hiding place on one of the trees near the lake.

"It's quite hot in your place, so I rather stay in the shade of this tree, are you not feeling it?" he asked him with a little laugh on his voice.

"Basking on the sun like this is quite refreshing. It reminds me of our days in the battlefield, where I know who my enemies and kill them with my sword. Not like this waiting patiently, playing hide and seek with them and I don't like playing with these kinds of people they are boring," Archid said turning his head towards his brother with a slight smile on his face.

"Yes, reminiscing is nice but I don't have any plans on burning my own skin just to feel the heat on the battlefield, because I know sooner or later there will be one, and be patient brother the battle that you want will happen in due time. After all the leeches came out from hiding then the battle that you want will begin," the playfulness on Nicholas's eyes was all gone and was replaced by a serious one after saying this.

Archid looks back on the lake again and stares at the water for sometimes before speaking again "Tell me, what did you learn?"

Nicholas sit under tree comfortably before speaking, "the leeches are coming out one by one, they are making themselves known, and they are all the young lords fresh from their mother's womb, they are the one who doesn't know anything about our history it quite funny don't you think?"

"Youngbloods, meaning the same age as us, no wonder. They are the ones who are hungry with power they were easy to manipulate. This person behind this I guess has a brain," Archid said nonchalantly "Got his name?" he asked

"Of course I do," Nicholas answered back. "and your right it is the Duke of Lynneville, Sigmund Humphrey the brother of Lady Amanda your former consort," Nick said with a smile on his face.

"No wonder, like brother like sister, how ambitious," Archid said with a sneer on his face,

"I guess it runs in their blood, Tell me how did you know it was the Duke of Lynnville, his to low profile for anyone to think that he got this kind of intentions towards the royal family," Nicholas asked his brother who just lifted his fishing rod  and saw a fish on the end of its hook.

"I got my eyes on him after I investigate the children under Syl's care," Archid said while he takes out the fish on the hook and put it inside the bucket beside him.

"What's this got to do with these children?" Nicholas ask.

Archid throws his hook with the bait in the lake before he speaks again. "I've learned that those children are the true heir of Lynneville, Sigmund"s father or rather stepfather was only name as a protector of those children, not as the Duke but when the stepfather died, Sigmund name himself as the Duke of Lynneville claiming that his father is named as the Duke by his older brother and that the late Dukes children are still young and incompetent to handle the estate and the title, and he even slander the name of the former Duke and his wife telling the people that their former master lives a life of luxury and left the estate funds low and dry, thus resulting for the people to hate the children of the real Duke and for him to take the Dukedom from them, and you know what's interesting?"

"What?" He asked impatiently.

Archid slightly laugh at Nick for being impatient, "the former duke and his brother died in the same manner, "ambush" by the bandits,"

Nicholas knitted his brows with confusion and asks, "How these things will link to the Duke of Lynneville with killing you. It just won't fit,"

"It fits." Archid answer him with certainty and continued, "being a Duke will hide his own identity not only his but also his family, those Helga Langley ring a bell with you?"

Nick's eyes went wide after hearing the name, "Don't tell me," He said still not finish his words but was cut-off by his brother's agreement with his answer.

"Yes, your right, She is the wife of the leader of the rebellion against our family years ago, Jasper Langley and he is the real father of Sigmund, Helga married the brother of the former Duke of Lynneville because she wants to erase their existence and hide from us."

"But I thought that she's already, no one knew what happened to her after the rebellion, she was just gone, I even heard mother once saying that she regretted not saving her, How come she is still alive?" Nick said disbelievingly.

"That is the same question that I asked myself when I received the report, I even ask them to draw me her image and when I saw it I cannot believe it myself. It was her, I've seen her face before in one of our mother's paintings, and you know me once I see something I will never forget it, so I'm pretty sure that it was her,"

"Why would she hide for so long, unless she knows something with the rebellion and even participated with it," Nicholas look at his brother with a questioning gaze.

"I think she does," he answered " she hid her self very well and even married the younger brother of former Duke of Lynneville to hide their true identity and even asked her husband to adopt her two children and let them use the surname Humphrey in which he did. It just shows that she wants to hide from us and just buy some time to continue what her husband started through her eldest son," Archid said with his brother.

"I wonder what will mother think when she saw her dearest friend who she thinks is dead but very much alive," Nicholas said after realizing their mother's condition inside the palace, "I wish that mother is alright,"

"You think he wants to continue what his father wanted at that time?" Nick asked

"I guess he does, what else could there be, besides continuing his father's ambitions and greed."