CHAPTER XCV

When they arrived at the place where the coffin is, they saw that the fire is all over the place, the coffin is being swallowed by the flame.

The first thing that came to Syl's mind is the crest inside that coffin with the fake body. He didn't know he got that kind of affinity with the crest. "I need to get the crest," he murmured but Ren who is beside him heard him.

Ren looked at him disbelievingly, "Brother you cannot do that! the coffin was eaten by fire it's impossible to go there and get the crest," Ren tried to reason with Syl.

Syl didn't answer him, he knew that Ren has a point but he didn't know why he's being restless because of the crest, he really wants to get it. He looks around him and not too far from him he saw a discarded sword and lifted it, he turns around to face Ren. "I just take a look and see if I can do something to get the crest you just stay here, but if you feel that you're in danger go run inside the forest, I will find you," he said and turn towards the metal cart and runs toward it.

"Brother! don't go!" he shouted feeling frustrated because of his brother's recklessness. He watches as Syl was engulfed by the black smoke. He did know if he should listen to him and stay in his place or he should follow him because leaving by himself and hiding inside the forest is not an option.

"Tsk" and shakes his head, he was about to run towards the place where Syl runs to follow him. But someone grabs his wrist from the back and pulled him, he was about to shout but his mouth was covered immediately. And in his horror, that person lifted him from the back like he didn't weigh anything and drag him, while was trying to take his hand off him and trashing everywhere but his movement where all nothing for that person until all his strength of his body left him and he lost his consciousness.

Syl saw the metal cart with the burning coffin, he was standing not too far from it, thinking on how to get near the coffin. But his head is not in good condition, his getting dizzy and his eyes hurt because of the smoke and his breathing is not fine. He covered his nose with a handkerchief to lessen the smoke that he inhaling. If only they have any water here he can wet himself to get nearer that fire to lessen the heat. "maybe I just wait for this fire to lessen before coming back, the fight might end by that time it's safer that way this fire is too big I cannot charge there and open the coffin," Syl decide to leave and to wait for the fight and the fire subside. "Just one last look," he said to himself and tried to go neared just to make sure that no one is around it.

He walks toward the burning coffin to see more clearly but someone stops him from his back and grab his shoulder. He tried to free himself but the other person is so strong that he cannot free himself.

"You really like putting yourself in danger aren't you?" he heard the person say from behind and the voice is very familiar to him. The man didn't waste his time and drag him outside the black smoke and they run towards the forest.

"No, wait! My brother his waiting for me, we have to return. Ren, his still there waiting for me, we have to go back!" He shouted while he looks around trying to see any sign of Ren. Syl felt that his getting further and further away from the place.

"My brother, the falcon's crest, Let me go!" he shouted furiously to the guy who was carrying him on his shoulder. He tried to kick the man but he didn't succeed.

"You! Archid St. John let me down!"

"How do you know it was me?" he asks with amazement without putting Syl down and continued running through the woods.

"Your voice, I know your voice so much that it gives me creeps when I hear you talk," Syl answered sounding irritated but his face is burning up because of embarrassment.

"I never knew that you like my voice that much, that you can forget it, my consort it warms my heart knowing you care for me that much," Archid said teasing Syl who punches his back after hearing what he said and he laughs so hard after that.

"Yeah, Yeah go ahead and laugh, but can you put me down I'm getting dizzy, I think my blood is all in my head now," he said while rubbing his temple

Archid felt worried after hearing Syl complains about being dizzy, he look around for a while to see if they are safe. When he was sure that no one followed them he immediately put Syl down and let him seat on the ground while leaning on a tree. He hurriedly took off his mask and cap Syl's face with both hands and lean his forehead with his to see if his temperature is still the same us him. When he determined that there nothing wrong with Syl he detached his forehead with him but he is not letting go of his face. "Thank goodness you're all right, you scared me,"

Syl was dumbfounded because of the King's action, blink his eyes so many times, because all he could see is Archids face and he was shock to that person action that he felt that his dizziness is getting worst and he felt embarrassed when he realized that the King is still holding his face near to his own.

"You can let go now," he said looking straight to the eyes of the person in front of him.

"What if I don't want to?" Archid said teasingly.

Syl narrowed his eyes and lifted his right hand and give the King a hard flick on his forehead. "Then I will do it again," he said with a sneer.

Archid who didn't feel anything smiled and let go of Syl's face and sat beside him.

The heat of Archid's hands still lingers on his face, he likes the heat that coming from this person's body but he can't stay with this person because he left Ren in there. He immediately stood up but was stop by Archid when he holds his hand.

"Let go, I need to go back, Ren is still there and the others," Syl said angrily while looking down at Archid.

Archid looks at Syl and with a light tug he was able to pull Syl in front of him while his back is facing him, he hugged the angry person tightly so that he can move anymore. He rested his chin to Syl head, "Don't worry, your brother is fine, his with Nick as we speak right now, so you don't need to worry just rest for a while then we will continue to walk when you all rested," the person in his arm stop moving so he thought that the person understand what he said and loosen his hold and immediately Syl sprang around to look at him.

"You said that Ren is with your brother?" he asked calmly but when he saw Archid nodded at him he sprang to his feet, he turns around he was about to run when he was encased again by those strong arms of that person from behind.

"Why are you so stubborn?" Archid said starting to get irritated with Syl.

Syl started squirming more, he wants to get out from Archid. "Let me go, you think my brother is safe with yours? His more in danger than safe," he said not minding if his voice gets louder.

"Shhh," Archid covered Syl's mouth when he saw lights coming near their place, and he immediately lay Syl on the ground and covered him with his own body and hide both of them with bushes around them.

Syl was so shocked with their position with wide eyes while breathing hard and a pounding heart.