CHAPTER LXII

Syl watches as the sun slowly sunk down in the large body of water as if it's hiding under water and the sky is slowly painted with amber and fiery red. The air is starting to get colder that makes him shiver a little.

He still cannot believe that he is now inside the historical ship of Wessmor Land and watching the sunset while they sail. The first thing that he does after waking up this morning is to explore the ship with Ren, they both walk around the ship, admiring the inside and outside part of the ship the whole day until Ren felt tired and dizzy that is when they decided to have a rest. He just woke up from his nap and decided to went out, that's when he saw that the sun is starting to set. He's too engrossed to the sight before him that he didn't felt that someone is approaching him.

"It's getting cold here Consort you better go inside and warm up and dinner will start soon," Gerard said when he's standing beside the consort.

Syl is awakened from his daze when he heard Gerard's voice, he looks at him for a while and went back in watching the sky turn darker. Gerard looks at the Consort contemplating if he could ask him the question that been bothering him since the first time that he met this person who is beside him.

"You don't trust me, do you?" Syl heard the general asked him, he looks at Gerard and smirk. "What makes you think that General Gerard?" he asked with a raised brow.

Gerard stared at the Consort for a while before turning to watch the dark sky. "I can see it through your eyes, I'm a man of war Consort Jasmine, I know how to read people and I know when a person doesn't like me and I can see it in you," Gerard said not looking at the consort at all, but he can feel the intense look that the consort is giving him until he heard him sigh and laugh, that's when he turned his head towards the consort.

Syl turns around and lean on the railing of the ship, tilting his head high, looking at the sky and stars are starting to appear. "Tell me General, what will you do if you catch the Consort of Lotus?"

Gerard heard the consort's question and that proves that he knew what happened with him and the Consort of Lotus. "I will bring that woman to the King as the King's order and that's only the time that my conscience will be at peace, I didn't mean to let her escape, I didn't know what was happening in the Princes residence, if I just knew it that time she will never set foot outside the palace," Gerard said full of hatred and Syl felt it from his voice.

Syl didn't speak for a while same as the General they were envelopes by their silence. Syl stole a side glance to the general. I've changed so many things at this time, maybe it won't hurt if I give you a chance to redeem yourself General Gerard, I just hope that you wouldn't fail me. Syl thought to himself. "Then tell me what will you do if the King tells you to kill Lady Amanda yourself?"

Gerard is taken aback by the consort's question. His eyes turn sharp and glared to nothing and Syl saw it all when he turns to look at the general's reaction and what he saw is not what he expected and he felt slightly relieved. "I will then kill her with my own hands," Gerard answered the consort while he looks at him straight in the eyes.

"Brother, General, dinner is served, come lets eat" Syl and Gerard both turn their attention to the voice that calls them and saw Ren standing not too far away from them. Syl stood up straight and walk towards Ren but stop before he could reach him. Gerard who's following the consort stop to and waited for the consort. "I will watch you," Syl said while he turns around and saw the confused look of the general. "I will watch you kill her with your own hands, with a smile on my face and that's a promise," he said with a smirk on his face then he turns around and walks toward his brother.

Gerard watches the retreating back of the consort. He was surprised at what the consort said just now, but he quickly understood what he meant, he shakes his head and smiled, he put his clench right hand on his left chest, "I will gladly do it for you, Consort Langley". He looks up the sky and shake his head again and decided to follow the brothers inside and eat.

The travel from the estate of the Earl of Seville is quite far from the main port of Tupah Village. Nick decided to travel alone and disguised himself as a simple merchant so no one will suspect him. He left all his trusted man with his brother and Nathan to look after them and protect them. He traveled all night just to reach the port on time. He needs to go back to the palace as fast as he can and take the consort back with him.

He can't believe that this thing happened with his brother. Just a single arrow from an unknown assassin will cause this situation. It's not even a fatal hit but it was enough to bring his brother down just because of a poison that won't allow the wound to heal that cause him to have a high fever. He never saw his brother this vulnerable before and it pains him.

He blames himself for not being there, he should never left him alone, he should be protecting him like he always protects him. That's what they promise with each other and that's what he was destined to do but he failed, and he didn't know how will he face their mother but he didn't have time to think about that, what he needs to do is to save his brother, his King.

He reached the port before dawn and decide to wait for the boat that will bring him to the capital. He saw the ship that his brother designed. Evergreen, he watches as the ship slowly approached the port and he remembered how happy Archid was when this ship was built and the first time it sailed, this ship is one of his pride and joy. Nick looks at the ship intensely with his both hand clench on his side.

"Senior the boat that will go to the capital has already arrived" Nick heard someone says behind him and caught his attention, he looks at the man and nodded at him.

Just like what Gerard said they reach Tupah village at dawn. Gerard instructed his two charges to put their hood on and don't take it down until he said so and the two just nodded their heads in agreement. They went down the ship by walking down the stairs. Gerard look around while walking down to survey their surroundings to see any suspicious people around, and someone caught his attention, someone that is very familiar to him. "What is he doing here?" he asked himself confused.

When they reach down, he saw the man walking towards a boat. He turned around and look at his charges. "Wait for our horses here, don't go anywhere and don't take off your hoods understand, I'll be back," Gerard said hurriedly and left the two brothers quite confused with the general. They watch as he walks towards a man wearing a light brown cloak that covers his face.

"Minha vida é para o dragão até que eu morra" Nick's attention is caught with that familiar phrase and surprise to hear a familiar voice, he looks back and saw Gerard who's wearing his black cloak. He nods to the man who called him earlier and the man walk ahead of him, he runs towards Gerard. "What are you doing here?" he hurriedly asked the general.

"I'm with the valiant and the innocent one" Gerard answered him and gesture his head towards a direction and he followed it with his gaze and saw two familiar hooded persons standing not too far from them.

"Brother you're one a lucky bastard," he said and he laugh while his eyes started to water.