CHAPTER LVI

Sly watches as the Crown Prince and Fredrick are being taught about sword fighting and other combat styles by their instructor who is none other than Gerard Sidney, one of the people that he didn't trust.

Ever since the day that the King left to fix a problem in north, this man has been following him like a shadow, he knew it was the King's order. He does not feel comfortable with the man being in his house and he doesn't trust him around the Princes and his brothers.

Gerard knew that the consort is watching them from the front porch, he will always sit in that same spot every time he goes here to teach the children, he knew that the consort doesn't trust him. The consort is hostile towards him, he looks at him like he had done something awful with him and he doesn't understand it at all.

He saw from the corner of his eyes the approaching figure of the consort coming near where he stands. He straightens his back and watches the children practice and waited for the consort to come near him.

Syl couldn't take it anymore and decided to come to the General and ask himself the things that bother him since he's been following him. He knew that the General saw him walk towards him, when he is beside him he didn't talk for a while and decided to see how the man will react to his presence but as he expected the man didn't even budge.

"Tell me Sir Gerard why are you here?" Gerard heard the consort ask him and he was confused in his question because he already told him the reason why he is always with him and why he's here teaching the children, but he decided to answer him anyway. "The King order me to guard you and the Princes and also he requested me to teach the Crown Prince and your brother with sword fighting and other combat styles, It was the Crown Prince wish to the King before he left," he answered Syl while he watched the children train.

"I see... but that's not what I mean. What I mean is why you are being left here by the King? For what I've heard you are always beside the King like Prince Nick so why leave you this time? Don't you think that was odd to leave a good General like you to look after a consort like me and act like an instructor to little children? Others can do that simple job, Don't you think?" he asked the General without looking at him. He felt the gaze of the General towards him and he looked at him. "Unless you've done something wrong and the King didn't like it too much that he left you here? I wonder if that has something to do with the Consort of Lotus," Sly ask meaningfully while staring at the man and he sneers at him before he looks away and called the children.

Gerard was rattled on what the consort implied earlier, he knew that the consort knows something about him with that kind of look at he gave him he definitely knows something. He wonders how this consort knew about it. He watches the retreating back of the consort and in his surprise, he turns towards him. "Would you like to join us for Lunch Sir Gerard?" he heard him ask and he just nods at him and followed them inside the consort's house.

Gerard left some of his guards at the Jasmine villa to watch over the consort and his family and the Princes while he returned home to take a rest. He is now in his balcony thinking what happened with the consort earlier in his villa. He thinks that the consort knows the real reason why the King left him in the palace. It is true that it was a punishment that the King gave him. Did the King tell the consort what happened? But if he did the King will tell him for sure, but he didn't tell him anything about the consort knowing this matter. But how did he knew? He asks himself while looking at the dark sky remembering that fateful day that will always hunt him until he catches that person himself.

He was on night patrol and he didn't know anything that is happening inside the Princes residence. He's on his way to the main place to give his report to the King when he notices the carriage of the Consort of Lotus at the gate she seems to be arguing with the guard, that's why he decided to come near them and to know what is their problem. He went down his horse and walked towards her carriage.