CHAPTER 21: White Rose Palace

Syl walks towards the large garden of the white rose palace which is the residence of the Queen Dowager. The Queen Dowager is the most powerful woman in this land her name is Eleanor St. John she held the crest of the White Tiger clan of the North she is basically one of the leaders of the land of Wessmor.

She was the one that Syl believes that can help him. This is the best benefactor that he could ask for. When he remembered it was the Queen Dowager that brought the previous King's edict to her son.

In his previous time, he wasn't able to meet the Queen Dowager. The Queen Dowager left before he humiliates himself, and his son the King "forgot" to tell her that her ward had arrived. That is why he was left to suffer inside the palace. If the Queen Dowager knew that he was here his destiny may have been different. That is why he was hell-bent to come to that party, though he knew what will happen to him but because he knows that this is the only way that he can meet his greatest weapon in this palace which is the Queen Dowager that he decided to just endure everything.

When they reached the garden, Annie leads them where the Queen Dowager was sitting. Syl looked around and saw the consorts of the court he recognizes most of them from the party. He even spotted Amanda and her group. They were looking at him when he arrived, he decided to pay them no mind,

The Queen Dowager saw them she smiled at him. When he was in front of her, he bowed down and greeted her. "Good afternoon Your Grace," the Queen Dowager nodded to him.

"Please have a sit," She told him. Syl nodded back but he said something before he sat. "Your Grace, I would like you to meet my brother Ren Fletcher," Eleanor looks at him confused. "I thought you're an only son?" she asked him.

"Yes, I am, He's not my brother by blood but still my brother, if for not for Ren I probably be dead by now," he explained. "And I couldn't cook even to save my life," he added jokingly.

"Master, don't say that," Ren said looking embarrassed. "Why? it's true and how many times do I have to tell you not to call me master," he reminded him.

The Queen Dowager laughed at them. "Come on you two sit down," she told them with a smile on her face. Syl looked smugly at Ren.

Ren looked at the Queen Dowager confused. Eleanor noticed it and she smiled at him. "Yes, Ren I want you to sit down with us if you're Syl's brother then you're a guess," she stated.

Syl who's already sitting pulled him on his seat laughing. The Queen Dowager laughed with him too. Then she noticed Ren's clothes. "Ren, you don't have to wear the color of the servant of the royal family, from now on I will allow you to wear any color that you want," she stated with a doting smile on her face.

Syl was smiling ear to ear and Ren was crying, tears streaming down his face. He's overwhelmed by everything because by not wearing the color of the servant only means that he is now his own person he has the freedom to decide for himself. And all off this is thanks to the man who is beside him and smiling to him.

Ren wipes his tears and clears his throat. "Thank you, Your Grace... Thank you," everyone was astonished to hear the Queen Dowager laughed and most of all to let a mere servant to sit with her and she even freed him from being a servant. It was clear with them that Syl Langley is the Queen Dowagers favorite. A question arises among them, is the Queen Dowager backing the consort of Jasmine Villa now.

The Queen Dowager nodded to him. Then she noticed that the two still hadn't eaten. "Oh silly me," she exclaimed. "The food is there you go get some food first and sit here with me, she told them.

Syl nodded he was about to get up when Ren stops him. "Stay here brother and accompany Her Grace. I'll just get your food too," he told him. "Are you sure?" he asked Ren. He just nodded at Syl with a smile. "No berries and broccoli," Syl reminded him.

"Why no berries and broccoli?" she asked him amused.

"I'm allergic to berries Your Grace," he answered her. "You're just like Cecil she can't eat berries or she will turn red all over her face and her nose will swell," she told him with a smile.

"Really?" Syl was surprised to know that his mother is also allergic to berries he didn't know it he never read it in the previous diary. "I never knew," he honestly told the Queen Dowager and she just smiles at him endearingly.

"Then why hate broccoli"? she asked him again. "Well I just don't like eating them since I was young because it's like I'm eating a tree," Syl explained to her. "Noah... your father hate eating broccoli too with the same reason as yours, You are really are their child," the Queen Dowager stated while staring him with adoration.

This child reminded her of her dear friends. She decides to come near him she holds his face between her both hands. "You look much like your mother," she said while caressing his face and he smiled at that. He remembered how his mother held him like this he suddenly miss his mom Mari.

A tear fell from his eye and the Queen Dowager wipes it while staring at his eyes. "Your eyes are just like," but the Queen Dowager didn't finish her words when he interrupted her "My father" but she didn't get mad at him, instead she hugged him. "I'm sorry my child I now you suffered. I promise everything will be fine now," she said while rubbing his back.

Eleanor knew what happened to her friend's son and she was ashamed of how her son treated this child. She now knew that the child and his companion now brother is living with scraps their allowances is lower that servant of the court and was put in the most secluded area of the palace. She was angered and ashamed by all of this because of her son and because of that she promised to take care of this child no matter what.