CHAPTER 104 : His Own Family

When they reach the entrance of the village, the gate is already starting to open. And people are waiting for them on the other side of the gate. Syl tries to look inside to see if he could see familiar faces, but unfortunately, he cannot see someone he knows.

They waited for a couple of minutes until the gate is finally open, and they started to go inside the village. "Your Majesty!!! Your Highness!!! It's nice to see you again..." Everyone is greeting the King and Prince Nick when they went in. This greeting lasted until they reach an intersection, and they go to the left side of the road. Their horses run until they reached the house with a large yard. 

Archid went down from his horse when they heard a familiar voice shouting. " Oh! You stinky boy! You're still alive didn't even bother to send a message. I thought that you are 6ft underground already!"

He looks at the place where the voice is coming from, and there he saw the old man Morgan that he always visit in the village near the capital, where he sometimes comes for his free health consultation, and the old man is the one who will always receive him.

Syl's eyes went big when he saw this moody old man, "Old man, why are you here?!" he shouted with surprise evident in his voice when his feet touch the ground. He did notice that everyone look at him with an astonished gaze.

"How can this consort know the former general from the south". This is on the mind of everyone present in this scene.

"Oh, hello! Young consort, I see that you are with this stinky boy," Morgan walks in front of him and greets him with a smile on his face. You can see the happiness in his black eyes.

Syl looks at Archid with amazement, "You are the stinky boy that he's talking about?" he asked.

"He is." Archid was about to answer but was interrupted by the old man again. "Yes. This stinky boy is my student who forgot to send a small letter to say that he is alive, and he dumps four noisy children by the way!" 

As if on cue, little voices started shouting from the door. "Father! Brother!" and they started running into them.

Syl looks at his little babies that he hasn't seen for a long time. He smiles at them and crouches on the ground. And spread his arms to receive them with the hug, and his eyes start to water.

The small bodies of the four little babies slammed on his body and hug them fiercely and kiss their cheeks one by one. The babies also started crying. "Oh, stop crying, brother is already here, see I'm alright," he said while trying the wipe the tears of the little prince. The noses of everyone around start to feel sour, watching these children cries in the arms of the consort. Syl saw their look and tries to lighten the atmosphere around them with a laugh.

"You stinky kid, you miss your uncle King's consort. How about your own father? Did I love you for nothing?" Nick said. And He lifted his own son, who is still had tears on his cheek, and he gently wipes the tears on the face of his little son.

"Father!" Shane shouted with his milky voice while holding his father's face and smile showing his white teeth.

Ren, who is standing behind Syl and said smile, "How are my little brothers and my little princes?" he said softly but still can stop sniffing. The three boys, who are crowding, Syl look at him and shout his name and run towards him and slammed their bodies on him that he lost his balance and fell down and the children still hug him. "Brother Ren, we miss you so much," Georgie said while sniffling.

Syl watches them with a smile on his face, then he notices the way Cain's eyes drifted to the father and son, who are hugging together while Nick extended his hand to help Ren to stand up. He saw the look of longing in his eyes.

He sighs and nudges the King beside him and pointed at the Cain with his eyes. Archid understands what he means and walks toward his own son and touches his son's little head. "Good job, my son!"

Cain felt the warm touch on his head and heard his father's voice complimenting him. He can stop the tears swelling in his eyes and tried to wipe them away.

Archid saw it and crouched down and turn his son to face him and hug him tightly. "I'm here now. You can relax. The father will handle it from here, alright." He said while rubbing the child's head softly.

"Uhm" Cain answered with a nod not lifting his head from his father's shoulder to not reveal his tear-stained face.

"This is the first time that this child cries after what happened to them. I'm worried about him, although he is a crown prince, he is still a child after all. He still needs his father, and I never think that there will be a time that I can see emotions from His Majesty" Morgan said solemnly beside Syl.

"That is his son after all," Syl answered while looking at the father and son interaction.

"Alright! Now that everyone is happy to see each other, let's go inside and have a meal and let's talk about the matters that happened to the capital while you were dead," Morgan said meaningfully.

Cain whose still in his father's arms, wipes his face and let go of his father, and straighten his back. Archid nodded with satisfaction after seeing this, he stood up and patted his son on his shoulder, and they walked together side by side. They both stop and Archid nodded at Syl. Syl smiles back at the father and son. He stands on his other side and walks towards the house and followed by the others.

Nathan and Gerard whose at the back stared as the Royal family walk side by side. And satisfied smiles show on their faces. "Guess our King found his own family now" Gerard nodded while looking at the straight back of his friend. "It's about time after all."