CHAPTER 9: Friend & Foe

It's been a week since the two started their little farm in the backyard. Their body was always in pain when they started mowing the grass. Syl realized that it's hard to mow the grass without a machine. Luckily his body remembers how to use a scythe and that is why they didn't have a hard time and Ren learn fast than he expected. The boy really enjoys farming.

The day when they went down the cellar to find the gardening tools something caught Syl's attention and when he came near it he was surprised to see a guitar and without thinking he touched it and he was bombarded by the previous memory about the guitar.

This guitar was owned by the previous mother. He saw his mother playing the guitar for him and his father when he was a child. His mother told him that the song was important to her and her best friend. Syl has an idea who this bestfriend could be, and he smiled at that. He looks around the things inside the cellar and was amazed that most of the previous Syl's belongings were stuck in the cellar.

Among the things that they found is a bottle of seeds that the previous kept in a box fortunately. they didn't throw it away. He also found some of his parent's belongings and a box where he kept his money. These things are not written on the previous diary, but he didn't need to ponder about it now, all he knows is that this could help him to start his plans.

Today they decided to plant their seeds, they been working after they had their breakfast. Right now Syl is the only one left planting the seeds because Ren will have to prepare their lunch.

Ren is almost done preparing their lunch. When the bell outside rang indicating that they have visitors. Ren was confused no one had visited them before and the ration has already been delivered so who could it be.

Ren opens the door and he's surprised to see a beautiful lady standing outside their door wearing a yellow gown with a fan in her hand. The lady looks at him from head toe and she seems disgusted by him because of his appearance. Ren felt embarrassed but still greeted her "Good afternoon my lady how can I help you with?"

The lady looked at him for a while. "I'm looking for Langley is he here? Tell him that Lady Amanda of Lotus is here," she said arrogantly.

Ren was taken aback on how the lady acted. Her serene face doesn't match her character at all. And he didn't like the way this lady Amanda address his young master. He wanted to deny this lady to see his master but he doesn't want to embarrass him by lying.

He opened the door wider. "Would you like to come in and wait inside Milady? While I call for the young master," he asks politely

Lady Amanda nodded and walked past him.  He guided her in the sitting room. "You may seat milady. I will just call for my young master."

Ren walked hurriedly to the backdoor, "Young Master!!" he yelled to get his master's attention.

Syl immediately stood up when he heard Ren. He saw him ran towards him, Syl frowned to the approaching Ren. He raised his left brows and put his hand on his hip. "What did I tell you about calling me, young master? I told you to address me as your big brother did I not?"

Ren was panting when he reach his master. "I know brother but today I think I can't," he said sounding distress

Syl is bothered by Ren's actions he seems quite nervous and irritated at the same time. "What happened? Is there something wrong?" he asked

Ren nodded before answering him. "Brother Lady Amanda of the Lotus Villa is at the sitting room right now asking for you." Syl was quite for a long time thinking who's this Lady Amanda.