CHAPTER LXXXV

Sigmund left the meeting room and returns to his quarters with heavy steps, he didn't even bother masking his anger and dissatisfied towards the council, he even glared to the young Lord Demande and his other alliance who kept quiet during the discussion earlier.

He went inside his quarters and slams the door, he didn't care what those people inside think about him. "I was played like that by a woman, an old outdated woman! Who said that woman is a soft-spoken lady, who said that woman can't be a scheming bitch! No wonder his mother lost to that person," he thought.

"Everything was ruined because of her and her son!" he shouted while he throws the empty glass that his holding. Then he heard a loud shriek from the door. "What wrong with you!" his mother shouted from the door.

He didn't answer her instead he turns his back from her and got another glass and filled it with brandy and he drank in straight.

"You need to calm down, people are talking outside, think about your reputation losing your patience won't do us good," she told him while she sits at the couch and watches her son take another glass of liquor. "and it's too early for you to be drinking,"

"Why are you here mother?" Sigmund asks after he got his temper settled.

"I heard you had a meeting with the council, what happened there? Why do you return like this, what with the outburst Sigmund?" Helga asked with her stern voice.

"My ward is not here anymore," Sigmund said then he sits on the couch opposite her. He saw the reaction on his mother's face change from relax to being stunned.

"Their grandmother sends them to the abbey a few days ago and no one in the council knew about this," he interrupted his mother when he saw her about to ask him why.

"That damn woman lost it! That's treason, how did they punish her? Oh... I what to see it with my own eyes!" she said excitedly while she looks at her son expectantly, her moods change more quickly than the weather.

"Punish?! She left the council room unscathed and free as a bird with her head held high, you think I will act the way I did if she was punished?" he said with annoyance.

"What! How could that be?! What she did was treason she should be punished." She shouted angrily.

"Well she was saved by the so-called Sealed Will by her son" Sigmund answered his angry mother nonchalantly while he looks at her.

"What?! Sealed Will Archid was able to use it?" she asked surprised from what she heard from his son.

"You know something about and yet you didn't bother to tell me about it, don't you know I looked stupid earlier because I didn't know about the Sealed Will and the Queen Dowager was delighted to embarrass me in front of the council," he told his mother full of resentment on what happened to him earlier.

"You're blaming because of this?! I don't even know that the Sealed Will is really true. I have heard things about it before and it was never used before by King Richard didn't use it. Are you sure that was a Sealed Will." she asked her son with annoyance.

"It is a Sealed Will, the part of the paper with his writings didn't burn because he used his blood to write the will. That old woman told us earlier that the Sealed Will, will not be destroyed no matter what happened with it."

"That' impossible," she said still not trying to believe her son.

"Well it was the truth, I even tried burning it myself and like what they've said it didn't work, I was played like a fool by your darling sister," he said with hatred evident in his voice.

Helga stood up from her seat with clenched hands because of anger, "damn that Eleanor! She will pay for this."

"Mother I suggest you tell me everything you know about this royal family, so next time I won't make a fool of myself in front of the council don't leave anything behind, even if it's a bedtime story I don't care just tell me everything, you understand,"

Helga heard the accusing voice of her son and was about to reprimand him but when she looked at him he has this murderous look on his eyes and she decided not to say anything and just nod.

She took a deep breath and sits at the couch again. She rings the bell and a servant comes in. She told her to clean the glass shards on the floor and she asks another servant to serve them tea and snacks. The servants followed and she and Sigmund didn't talk with each other until the servants were done with cleaning and brought their tea and snacks.

Sigmund watch as his mother poured the tea on the two teacups on the table. She put the other cup in front of him and she got her own, she quietly stirred her tea and took a sip. She does the same thing again not even looking at him.

"You know, you better stop drinking too much they might use that against you, and drink tea instead what do you think?" she said to him.

When he heard this, he closed his eyes and takes a deep breath and sigh. He put down his glass and put his elbow at the armrest and laid his chin in the back of his hand while he looks at her with a dull expression.

"Mother, what is the real reason why you came here? I'm sure it's not just to drink tea at my quarters," he asked and he saw his mother raise her head from her tea stirring and look at him and smiled.

"What make you say that, can I not just drink tea with my son here," she said while she put down her cup.

Sigmund raises a brow to his mother and sneered. "Mother I hate to say this but I don't have time to play with you, I'm tired doing it with the Queen Dowager, So stop it and say what you want,"

"Sigmund! Stop calling her Queen Dowager it's not her, it's..."

"Mother lower your voice," he cut her off before it goes further, "Mother what do you want?" he asked again.

Helga took a deep breath and calms herself down. "Fine, I'm here to remind you about your sister, when do you plan to get her? She's been there for so long I'm worried about her,"

After hearing his mother's real reason for coming to him, he sat straight and cross his leg and look at her feeling irritated, it about his stubborn and spoiled sister just like what he thought. He's tired of cleaning her mess for her but unfortunately, he can turn his back on her, she is his sister, after all, they have the same blood running in their veins.

"I already send someone to take her back," he said after a while.

"Then why she is not here yet?" Helga asked worriedly "do you think something happened to her?"

"I don't know, It's her decision now if she wants to come back or she still wants to drown on her love that will never come for her, she can do anything she wants to her life for all I care." He stood up and walk towards his bedroom not turning his back on his mother.

"Mother I'm tired, I will rest first, Why don't you go out and look for something to do, make yourself comfortable in this place because we are going to stay here for a long time and think of a ways on how to get the crest to your sister so you can take her palace, just tell me your plan and I'll do it for you" he stated and went inside his bedroom not bothering to hear his mother's answers.

He laid down on his bed and close his eyes, "Father I'm already here just a little more and I'll take everything that rightfully ours. All of it"