CHAPTER LXXVI

Syl watches as the people in Tupah Village started going back at their normal lives. The people who were affected by the plague started to get better day after day and some of them started working again and trying to regain what they lost.

"Hay..." Syl sighed while looking at the people from a high mound. "That was a big sigh you got there," Syl heard a female voice behind him and knows exactly who was it. He turned around and just waited for the person to sit beside him.

"Lady Bell, how nice of you to join me," he greeted her.

Belinda looks at her friend who had changed a lot from the time that they were apart and when she heard his greeting she cannot help herself but  smack his head with her hand. "How many times should I tell to call me sister, you ungrateful brat,"

"Oww... that hurts," Syl groaned while he rubs his head. "Why are you here anyway?  You're pregnant you should rest," Syl said still not looking at his friend.

Bell sigh and look at her friend, "You know, there might some changes in you, but I can't still know when something is bugging you, we grew up together Sylver Van Langley. I know you as a mother does, so now spill,"

Syl didn't answer for a while he knows that Belinda won't stop until he talks. He knew from the previous that this woman can read him like an open book and it still baffled him how she can still do it with him. Is he and the previous one are too much alike that she can also do it with him and this friend has the tendency to worry about him too much, and won't help her with her condition right now.

"I'm just pissed and worried that's all," he said breaking his silence.

"With him?" Bell asked knowing the answer already but still asked.

"Who else could there be," Syl answered her and remembering the last time that he spoke or rather argued with Archid.

***

"Are you people insane?" Syl asked disbelievingly after hearing the King's plan of luring the usurper. "You're going deceive your own mother just to know who this bastard is,"

"This is the only way to make that bastard show himself, the faster the better, my mother will understand," the King answered him.

"You're putting your mother's life in danger, and have you two forgotten your sons are in there, my brothers, what if something bad happens to them, I swear I will never forgive you for that," he said including the prince on it because he also agreed with brother's plan.

"My mother's life won't be in danger.  She was not a Queen for a long time for naught.  Besides my mother has the crest of the North, she is not just the Queen Dowager herself she is also a family head who represented the North they cannot touch her," Archid said not wavering from his decision.

"And if that usurper didn't want  a rebellion in his first day of reigning the land, he better keeps my mother's life, She is Queen Eleanor the Queen of the commons, if something bad happened to her they had to face the wrath of the people," Nick added.

"And about the children, I know my mother will keep them safe, and those children are smart they will know if something was up, you taught them well, I trust they are safe," Archid finishes for him.

"You're putting all this to your mother shoulder, are you not afraid that this will break her," Syl asked still not backing down.

"I trust her, Consort Syl you must understand that this is the better way to this, we have to make him think that I'm dead and my brother is in hiding for him to lower his guard and we can strike back, this won't take long," Archid said not leaving any way for him to contradict him again.

Syl got up from his place and decided to leave the room knowing that he can't do anything to stop their plan. He was about to open the door but stops by the Archid's after hearing voice.

"This is how I do things, I use the people I trust, I know the people around me," Archid said with authority in his voice, "Do you know who I am?"

Sly turned around and face the King and answers him, "You're the King," he said with a look of disappointment towards the man that he slowly started to trust.                    

***
"I just don't get him," Syl said dejectedly. "How can he risk the life of the people he cared just to lure the traitor, how can he do that to his mother," he said getting irritated with the King. "We could find another way, not like this, Why can't they just listen?"

"Are you angry because of the way he handled things or because he didn't listen to you?" Belinda asked when Syl stop ranting. Sly look at her disbelievingly "No!"

"Hey, I was just asking, don't be so defensive," Belinda teases him but decided to stop when he saw that he started to get irritated with her.

"I agree with you that His Majesty's method is quite drastic, but did you stop and think that maybe the reason why the King did this because of his unwavering trust with his mother and children,"

"You know Aaron told me that the King's trust is not that easy to get, but once you get it, it will never fade, you know how elated Aaron when the King included him in your meeting the other day," Belinda said with fond look in her face when talking about her husband..

"Why would he be happy about that?" Syl asked not understanding her.

"Syl, whatever you talk about the other day is very confidential topic, not everyone cannot be there, have you seen the people with you in that meeting, those are the trusted men of the King, and Aaron being a new acquaintance of the King being there means the King acknowledge him and trusted him, and also you, he trusted you, none of the King's consort has been in that kind of meeting, it is only you who had done it," she said and when she saw that he was not believing her she added "its according to the King's men, I heard them talking about it,"

"Syl I heard that for every question that you have last time he answered you and explained why he decided to those things," Syl didn't say anything after hearing those things from her. "You know why he did that?" she questioned him after not getting any reaction from him. "No," he answered back.

"Because he wanted you to understand, he wanted you to believe in him, and he even trusted you enough to let you question his decisions, it won't happen to others you know, I bet if that's a different person he will just expect that person to follow his decision, no question ask, but for you he tried to explain because Syl he trusted you, so maybe just try trusting him back uhm..."

Belinda saw the accusing look that her friend gave her, "Hey, don't get me wrong I still don't like him, but I know when people are sincere and this time he is, that is why I'm telling you this, so you won't be sulking anymore." she defended and push him playfully

Syl laughed for a while and pulled his knees in front of his chest and said "Still, I don't approve of his plans, and he even decided to leave me here and go on, on his own, at least bring Nathan with him, but no he left us here, he didn't even think about his wound and condition, he almost died and once he felt better he already made this grand plan of his, what if something bad happens to him, what will happen to his grand plan? it will be wasted," he said starting to feel irritated again.

Belinda smiled at her friend and a thought came in her mind.