CHAPTER LIII

Archid gestured for Nathan to come with him outside while Syl is still eating and they both quietly left the room. "Tell me is he really alright now?" Archid asks immediately when Nathan close the door behind him.

Nathan looked at his King noticing the change in his friend but didn't voice it out. "His really fine but just to make sure send someone at my place to get the bittersweet oil it can help to extract the remaining toxin in his body, Put it in his bath tonight," Nathan told his friend who is listening intently in his instruction.

"Are you still coming to Tupah village?" He can help but ask thinking that the King may change his mind about going to Tupah because of what happened to the consort.

Archid looks at his friend, he knows that his friend is a very observant person that he could read him like an open book and that scares him sometimes. "Yes, of course, why would I not?" he said trying not to show his uncertainty about the matter in Tupah. Nathan just nodded and didn't say anything, he just looks at his friend's face and he already knew that the King is already contemplating if he's going or not.

"I'm just worried that's all, Besides I cannot turn my back to my people who needs my help just because of this. Syl is a strong person he can get over this without me being by his side," Archid said feeling quite sad for not being with his consort in this kind of situation.

"So do you have any idea who did this?" Nathan asks the question that he's been itching to ask when he heard what happened to Syl. The King didn't answer him instantly and he saw how he tighten his grip on the edge of the veranda where they were standing. He looks at his friend face and was stunned at how angry he is, his eyes were sharp while glaring at nowhere. He's sure if a person is to receive this kind of look in his eyes that person won't live another day.

"I do," he heard him say with killing intent evident in his voice, "and if my intuition is right then I don't have anyone to blame but myself," Archid said before turning around and leaving his friend and walk back inside the room where his consort is.

Nathan watches the back of his King, his friend as he walks back to his room. "I never thought that I will still see that look on your face Archid, I never thought that there is still someone that will affect you like this, your still human after all my friend," he said to himself that create a little smile on his face before walking away to return to his place.

Syl is soaking on his warm bath smelling the sweet aroma that is coming from the water.  The bathroom is big larger than the one he had back in his time. The tub is big as a regular pool, there are little fountains where water comes out and it's all made of marble tiles. "What a way to waste money," Syl said while looking around the bath and he remembered his weird interaction with the King.

He saw as the King entered the room alone in his peripheral vision and he sat opposite him and watch him as he ate which he felt kinda weird. He looks at him and waited for the King to say something and didn't happen, He sighed when he remembered that he still need to thank this conceited King for saving him.

"Thank you Your Majesty for saving me," he said after pondering it for a while. The King didn't say anything and just nods at him and that surprise him for a bit, This person is just taking his gratitude quite nicely he didn't even scold him for going alone in that area. He expected him to get mad at him and taunt him for a while, but all he received is this silent treatment and a nod. What happened with the conceited King of this land? He thought to himself while he continued eating.

Syl look around the room, he didn't know this place he had noticed it earlier when he opened his eyes he just forgot to ask because he was bombarded with questions from the royal healer. Now he thinks that it's about time to ask where he is, he swallowed his last bite before looking at the King who is still watching his every move.