CHAPTER 50 : I rather kill than be killed

Archid knew who Morgan is. Morgan Ruther is his mentor when he was young. He's the one who thought him everything that he knew when it comes to a sword and the one who teach him how to fight in the battlefield.

He never knew the reason why Morgan chose to leave outside the palace and live as a commoner. This will be the first time that he will face him again after he left the palace. Archid went down from his horse and walk towards the house and knocks on the door.

Morgan is stunned to see his old pupil the King of this land knocking on his door at this time. "I see you still use that kind of disguise. Who's clothes it is this time? Your Majesty". Morgan says while looking at the King with mirth in his eyes.

Archid grins at him, this old man really didn't change he will always treat him as a friend and a student. "It mine, I got tired stealing Bhaer's clothes and it doesn't fit anymore," Archid is now wearing a normal breeches, shirt, and a waistcoat. He doesn't have anything with him that will tell that he's the King, he's even wearing a hat to conceal his identity.

"Tell me Your Majesty , what's the reason for this sudden visit in my humble home?" Morgan asks him after inviting him to come inside.

"I'm looking for my Consort," Archid answers directly

"Who's consort is that Your Majesty?" the old man asked him quite taunting him.

He looks at the old man and sighed he knew that this man knows more than anyone else lying is not an option when it comes to this person. He decided to just be true to this man. "I'm looking for Syl Langley my Consort," he said. "I trust that you know him," he added.

"Oh, that stubborn man, so his yours. I see, I never knew that he is yours," the old man said while laughing at him.

"Old man, don't play with me I know you knew that he is mine, everybody does. So tell me where is he," he asked feeling quite irritated to his old mentor.

Morgan notices that the King is starting to lose his temper. "I thought you've changed, but I can see that you can't still handle that temper of yours my King," he said while he smiles at Archid.

Archid sighed and just stared at Morgan waiting for him to speak. Morgan saw the look on Archid eyes and he becomes serious. "He went home a while ago, you didn't saw him on your way here? That child always walked home,"

Maybe he took a different route. Archid said. "No, that impossible that child doesn't have any sense of direction. He almost got lost on his first day here. The only route that he knows is the one in the main road," the old man said worriedly.

"That's where I came from," Archid said starting to get worried himself. Where does his stubborn consort go this time? He thought to himself. Then they both heard someone banging on Morgan's door.

Morgan hurriedly went to his door followed by the King. He opens it thinking that it might be Syl who really just lost his way home, but in their surprise, it was a boy who is almost out of breath. "Sir Morgan..." the boy called out to the old man. Morgan looks at the boy and waited for him to continue. He took a deep breath and composes himself before he started talking again. "Ismael is back, I just saw him,"

Morgan is confused why this boy is telling him that the ruffian Ismael is back he didn't even care about that man. He will never dare to touch anyone in the village. That's when it dawned on him, Ismael didn't know who Syl is and he suddenly felt nervous. "Tell me what happened" he immediately asks the boy.