CHAPTER LIX

CRACK!! Syl turned when he heard the noise and saw the shattered glass in front of the Queen Dowager. Syl is at the White Rose Palace with his brothers and the princes to visit her. The children are all outside playing in the garden with Ren watching over them while he read and Syl is with the Queen Dowager in the living room

"Your Highness, are you alright?" Syl asked the Queen Dowager when he saw that it was her who dropped the glass.

"Oh I'm fine the glass just slip from my hand, it's just an accident you don't need to worry," Eleanor answered  the Consort, who's giving her a worried look. But in all honesty she's not fine, she dropped the glass because she suddenly felt nervous, her heart started beating so fast with no reason and started feeling restless and the face of his eldest son appeared in her mind. Eleanor stares at her trembling hands feeling confused about what happened to her.

Syl watches as the Queen Dowager stares at her trembling hand, he decided to come near the older woman and hold her hands. "Your Majesty, How are you really?" he asked the Queen Dowager while he looks at her in the eyes. The Queen Dowager give him a weak smile before speaking. "Honestly, I don't know, I suddenly felt worried for Archid this never happened before and it worries me," the Queen Dowager answers him and he can feel the worry from her voice.

"Ahh see," Syl said with understanding. "The King is probably alright, your son is a wise and strong man, he could take care of himself, his the man who won many battles and always went home with you alive and besides his with his brother and I'm sure Prince Nicholas will always look after him," Syl said to reassure and calmed the nerves of the older woman in front of him and he smiled at her. The Queen Dowager smiled back at him and squeeze his hand back. "I'm thankful that you're here Consort Syl," The Queen Dowager said with a smile.

"Your Grace, ahm can I ask you something?" He asked the Queen Dowager quite hesitating. The Queen Dowager looks at him and nods, "yes, of course, What is it?" the queen dowager asked.

Syl bites the corner of his lips thinking if the Queen Dowager will answer him truthfully because he's been asking this same question with Mr. Bhaer but the older man won't give any answers and will always try to run away from him whenever they meet in the main palace. He also tried asking the stoic man who's always with him, but like the chief aide of the King this general is much worse, he didn't even answer him and just look at him and like's it nothing. So his last resort is the Queen Dowager, he just hopes that the Queen Dowager will tell him.

Syl looks straight to the Queen Dowager's eyes and took and a deep breath. Here's goes nothing he thought to himself. "Your Grace is the King in Tupah village?" he asked her.

Eleanor looks at the Young Consort in front of him, she saw that this man is set on to know where her son is. She knew that the Consort has been asking Bhaer about the Tupah Village and the King's whereabouts, but the chief aide can't answer him because the King told him that the Consort can't know about the situation in the Tupah village, but now that the Consort came to her specifically to ask her, she knows that she can't ignore the young consort especially looking like this. She knows that this young man will do everything to know the truth and it is better it came from her.

"Tell me Syl what do you know about the village situation right now? What did you hear?" Eleanor asks wanting to know what Syl knew about the village so that she will not say any unnecessary things to Syl.

Syl looks at the Queen Dowager quite hesitating but decided to tell what he knew. "I heard that Tupah Village is in crisis right now and there's a plague that affecting people, I heard people are getting sick and some of them already died, that's what they're saying outside," Syl said while staring at the Queen Dowager.

Eleanor saw the sadness on the consort eyes while he was telling her what he heard about Tupah Village and she felt the same. "What do you want to do?" she asked again.

"What do I want to do?" Syl repeated the Queen Dowager question to him and averted his eyes to her. He didn't see it coming he didn't know if he should tell the truth or not but he knew lying won't get him anywhere and he's sucks at lying. He looked at the Queen Dowager again who is patiently waiting for his answer.

"I want to go and help them, they are my people it's where I used to live, some of them are my friends, I grew up with them, If was there I know I could help them, maybe some of them won't die," Syl said feeling frustrated that he bowed his head to avoid the Queen Dowager eyes for her not to see his frustration.

"Just like what Archid said, if you know about this you would want to help, and he said he can't risk it, it's too dangerous for you to come," the Queen Dowager said.

"Why? Is it because of the incident that happened to me last time? That's unfair I want to help too, besides how sure he is that he won't get sick and if he does what will happen to him? Who will look after him? He frustrates me honestly!." Syl said irritated by what he just heard that he stood up from his chair.

"He didn't decide this matter after the incident, he just doesn't want you to get involved with this matter because the situation in your village is far worse than you've heard. There are also bandits attacking the village and it would be dangerous for you to come, they might target you because you're the King's consort. It will be hard for him if he brings you along with him, besides Nathan is there with him, you don't have to worry about his health," the Queen Dowager explain to him. She got up from her seat and walks towards him and held both of his hand.

"Tell me is that all the reason of you wanting to come to the village?" Eleanor asks the young consort of her son whose eyes are full of frustration and tears are threatening to fall. "Tell me honestly Syl why do you want to go there?" she asked once again.

Syl who's staring at the Queen Dowager sigh deeply, "I want to see him, I never got the chance to thank him properly, He was already gone when I woke up, he didn't even bother to tell me where he's going and it's frustrates me. Maybe he just sees me as his consort that will just bring him troubles or will just cause him headache, I thought he trusted me but I guess I'm the only one who thinks that way." Syl said all the bottled up feeling that he's been feeling lately. He's been thinking about this since the King left without any word for him and it feels kinda hurt.

"I see" he heard the Queen Dowager said but he didn't say anything and just waited for her to speak again. "I will send a messenger to Archid and I will tell him that you want to come to your old village to help him, and if he said that it's fine for you to go, then you could follow him there is that alright with you Consort Syl?" she said to the consort who had his head bowed and just listen to her. She saw him nod but still didn't look at her.

She patted the young consort's head. "Very well I still have things to do, you could leave the children here for a while so both of you could rest up," she said to the brothers, "Yes, Your Majesty," Ren who was there and just listen the whole time speak for the first time. Eleanor smiled at him and looks at Syl once again who already gathered himself and looking calm and he nods his head with a weak smile. Syl looks at his brother who is already standing and waiting for him and he nods at him. "Thank you, Your Grace, we will send Hans later to get them," Syl said before bowing at her, she just nods and watches them with a knowing smile on her face as the two brothers left the room.