CHAPTER LXXII

"Do you have any news about your father?" Fredrick whispered to Cain when they were inside the woods. The two older boys are walking ahead of the younger ones while their caretakers followed behind them. Cain didn't say anything he just looks at Fredrick and shakes his head.

"I see," Fredrick said and he looks back to his brother who is walking at the back talking endlessly with Prince Shane who was quietly following them. His usual quiet brother is now the one who is initiating a conversation with the usual talkative Prince Shane, it seems like their role has been reversed.

The usual lively Prince is now quiet with a face full of sadness. Fredrick notices this after they receive the news about the King's passing and the allegation about his father. Though they didn't say anything about this matter to him, he must have heard it from others. Cain especially requested his grandmother not to tell it to the little Prince.

Fredrick sighed and glance at the Crown Prince who is pretending that nothing bad happens to his family. He nudges the Crown Prince to get his attention and when the person looks at him he gestures at the back. "Have you talked with him?" he asks the person beside him.

Cain didn't look back and just continued walking, " There's nothing to talk about?" he heard him say like it was all nothing for him.

Fredrick was shocked to hear the Crown Prince indifferent voice, and he feels frustrated and angry with his friend, why is he acting like nothing happened.

"Why are you acting like this? Why are you shutting us out?" he suddenly blurted out when he can no longer hold his temper down. He already stopped walking and Cain also stops when he heard him and he turns around and looks at him with a blank face, "What do you mean?" he asked him pretending that he didn't understand him.

Fredrick sighed and walk towards his friend who is still looking at him indifferently, "Cain stop pretending that nothing happened, because there is, stop acting that your fine, because you're not, stop shutting people out, because we want to help," he said with the most sincere voice that Cain heard but he didn't answer him instead he brush the hand that his friend put in his shoulder and started walking again.

"Yeah Cain walk out, is this all you can do? Pretend to be strong and drowned to your sorrow, is this where you good at? Pretending that nothing happened? Ha, you make me laugh," Fredrick said feeling angry and frustrated.

Cain looks back and strode back at Fredrick and clutch at his collar, "Don't mock me, I'm still your Crown Prince!" he said with gritted teeth. "You think I like this, but this is all I can do, for now, this is all I can do to show them that I'm not affected by the matter of my father dying, I'm doing this to protect the people I care about the most, this is all I can do for now," Cain continued trying to hold up his tears.

Fredrick eyes soften after hearing his friend he held his hand that is clutching at his collar and look straight at Cain eyes, "I understand that you're doing this to protect them, that you're trying your hardest to shoulder the burden on your own but don't shut him out, I understand that you shut us out but not him because you two are at the same boat, You are too busy thinking about how you can conceal everything from him but have you look at him? have you try looking pass those smile that he seldom give us nowadays, have you ever ask him what he feels right now? Your too busy concealing everything from him and his been bottling everything inside," Fredrick said sadly.

Cain looks at him but didn't say anything he just stared at his friend processing everything in his mind. He hasn't looked at his cousin properly these days, he hasn't talked to him properly he didn't know what he feels right now.