CHAPTER LXXVIII

"I don't like him," he said after a long time of silence but Belinda waited patiently for him.

Belinda takes a glimpse of her friend and shakes her head with a smile on her face. "You don't or you don't want to?"

"I don't want to, because I can't" Syl answered her.

"And why?" Belinda asks her not letting him drop the topic.

"I believe you know the answer on that," he answered her while looking her straight in her eyes. Belinda saw the resolute gaze that her friend is giving her, she can help but sigh. She just knows exactly the reason why this stubborn guy won't acknowledge his own feelings.

"You're still waiting for that fiancé of yours? Syl it's been so long and that person is still not showing himself, Tell me how long do you plan to wait for him?" Belinda asks frustrated on how stubborn Syl can be.

She and Syl had known each other since they were young. Syl is beautiful since he was a child everyone adored him even his husband Aaron had a huge crush on him but he still stays firm that he already has someone and he will be his wife. Yes, she knew that Syl fiancé is a man and she has nothing against with that. Syl can be with anyone as long as he makes him happy but Syl never told him who the man is.

"Then if you are hell-bent to be with him then why don't find him yourself?" Belinda said started to get irritated with the person in front of her.

Syl didn't answer immediately instead he kept silent and Belinda thought  that she offended him. She was about to apologize to him when Syl suddenly speaks that left her speechless for quite a while.

"I do have a plan on doing that," Syl decided to tell her his plan because he actually needs his friend's help regarding this matter and he knows that he cannot keep secret from her, it seems that the previous and him are quite I like when it comes to behavior that the woman knew very well.

Belinda gaped at her friend still trying to digest what her friend just said and uttered the word that she can only say right now, "What?"

Syl looks at his dumbfounded friend for a while "You heard me right," he said with affirmation and continued "I was planning to find him, but these things happened and I decided to put things on hold until the situation settled and everything gets back to normal," he said while he looks at the people who were just passing by.

"But what happened to the, I will wait for him because he promised to look for me and bring me back with him?" she asked not sure if this friend of her is still in his right mind.

"I changed my mind, maybe its time for me to look for him, I am getting tired of waiting for him so I decide to take the initiative to find him myself to show him that I am serious about him and maybe his already looking for me to" Syl said while he looked at her with a smirk on his find.

"Do you have any idea where he is? And once and for all, can you tell me who this guy is, maybe Aaron and I can help you find him," Belinda said exasperated with her friend.

Syl knew that Aaron and Belinda didn't know the name of the previous fiancé. At first, he had hope that they knew, but once that he had a chance to touch them he saw in the previous memory that Syl never reviled his name and it frustrates him more. He needs to find that fiancé and fulfill the previous last wish before he does something that he will regret.

Belinda notices that Syl didn't have plans in answering her.  She sighed and decided to change her question. "So what's your plan in finding this fiancé of yours,"

"Well, I've decided to ask the King to pardon me and let me leave the palace for good," Syl told her like it was easy as eating a cake.

"Do you honestly think that the King will let you leave?" she asked disbelievingly.

"Yes, why would he not? I am a male consort and unfavored it doesn't matter to him if I leave the palace, besides if he needs my help I will still help him if he wanted too," Belinda looks at her incredulously. Why this friend of her is this clueless. He may be the most intelligent person that she met in her entire life but the most densest  person that she ever met. She wanted to smack his tiny little head right now but hold herself back.

"What if the King won't let you leave? What will you do then?" she asked again.

"That is easy, I will escape from the palace, You know, I am me, that won't be hard," he said mischievously they stared at each other and laugh, Belinda knew that she can't change his mind anymore she already saw the resolve in his eyes.

"Now that I answered all your question, Can I ask a favor from you?" Syl said all the playfulness in his gone and replaced by his serious gaze.

Belinda noticed it and returned the same look that he was giving her and asks, "Sure, What is it?"

Syl took a deep breath before he opened his mouth, "Can you take care of my brothers from me, I actually adopted three, and two of them are too young to come with me, I'm asking you to look after them for a while, I will back for them no matter what, and I will pay all of their expenses, I promise," Syl said hoping that she will agree with him.

Belinda looked at him with a raised brow and he unconsciously gulped his saliva, she didn't answer him but he felt a stung on his head, the woman just smack his head just now, "You! How can you talk about money with me? I will take your brothers and you don't have to pay me, you ungrateful Imp," Belinda said and got up from her place angrily. Syl immediately followed suit and held her hand.

"Sister, I'm sorry, I won't talk about money with you ever again, I just don't want to be a burden for you, I'm sorry if I offended you with that," Syl said apologetically.

"You will never be a burden to us, Your brothers are my brothers as well, I'm your sister, am I not?" Belinda said with a warm smile on her face.

"Yes you are, Thank you sister," he said and hugged her with all his love that he feels for the woman. Belinda hugged him back, "Just promise me one thing," she asks and he nodded and pulled himself from her then Belinda held his face with both hands.

"You will come back here and help me deliver this baby in my belly," she said with a radiant smile on her face,

"I will, I promise," he said while he placed his right hand on the left of his chest.

"Good, Come let's go back, it's getting late Aaron must be looking for me know," Belinda said while she tag on his hand.

"By the way when will you follow His Majesty?" she suddenly asked while they walk hand in hand.

"Nathan told me that we will be following them next week," he answered her and he felt that she tighten her hold on him.

"I see, you better take care of yourself Syl, You have to fulfill your promise with me," Belinda said without looking at Syl, though she doesn't show it, she was afraid for Syl to be in this kind of situation. He is at the center of the impending battle for the throne and she knew that Syl will be the targeted by the King's enemy. She just wishes that the King will fulfill his promise with her that he will protect Syl with all of him.