CHAPTER 34: Sunset

Archid just finish his meeting with the ministries and went to his private room to rest before going back to his work. During the past few days after the incident with the Consort of Jasmine, whenever he closed his eyes, he can't stop remembering the look in his unique eyes that is full of resentment towards him. He is used to receiving those kinds of looks but it didn't bother him at all but with the Consort, it rattled him that he resents him.

The King was disturbed with his thought when Mr. Bhaer announces his presence to him. He looks at his chief aide who's been serving him since he was a child. "What did my Consort say about the gifts?" he asked immediately.

Mr. Bhaer looks at his King. This is the first time that he saw his King looking flustered. Even when the King was young, he never acted like this, He is always so sure in all of his dealings and decisions, but the usual confident King is now nervous because of a certain person. He inhaled deeply and started telling the King about his business with the Consort of Jasmine.

"The Consort refuses to take the servants of Lady Amanda" he started.

"Why?" Archid asks perplexed. "Why would he not take them? He doesn't have any servants in his household. After he takes his aide as his brother and now he has those children with him? He needs more help more than ever," he continued.

"The consort said that he will not take them because he doesn't trust them, that's what the Consort of Jasmine told me, Your Majesty," he answered his King. Archid didn't say anything and he motioned to Bhaer to continue.

"He also refuses to take the lady of lotus belongings, carriages, and the added piles on his allowance that His Majesty gave him," Archid already expected it from his hard-headed consort after hearing what Bhaer said earlier.

"The consort want's to tell the King that he was thankful for the kind gesture, but he won't take things from others and he said that the carriages are too fancy for his taste and about the allowance he said that the ten thousand piles that he receives from the King and the ninety thousand piles that he received from the Queen Dowager are enough for his household he doesn't need more."

Archid listens to Mr. Bhaer, his head leaning on his hands, elbows on his desk, and fingers interlaced with each other. He's trying to calm himself down. He doesn't want to lash out at his chief aide, but every word that comes from him irritates the hell out of him. His Consort is really a pain in the arse.

"But the consort had taken the horse, Your Majesty," the King raise his head and look at his chief aid with a raised brow. "Why?" he asked.

"The young boy that the Consort had taken with him used to be a stable boy in lotus villa. The boy recognizes the horses and he asks the boy if he wanted them. The boy answered yes. That's why the consort decided to take the horses for the young boys," Mr. Bhaer answered King Archid.

Mr. Bhaer watches as the King stood up from his chair. He walks toward his window and stands there while looking outside. He doesn't know what kind of thoughts running from the young King's mind.

"Bhaer I want you to prepare my horse tomorrow. I'm going to Jasmine Villa after I'm done with the court meeting. That's all you may leave," Archid ordered his chief aide without looking at him.

Bhaer can't believe what he just heard from the King. He never saw this coming. Since the day that he brought the Consort of Jasmine inside the palace the King never set foot in that Villa.

Archid brows knitted together when he didn't hear his chief aide respond to him. He looked at him and found Bhaer staring at him in a daze. He wondered what happened to him.

"Mr. Bhaer do you understand what I said just now?" he asked him quite irritated. The middle-aged man was awakened by the irritated voice of the King. He didn't realize that he hasn't answered him yet. "I'm sorry Your Majesty Yes, I understand Your Majesty," he answered the King with a bow.

The King turned to the window again. "You may leave now," he said without looking at his chief aide. "Yes, Your Majesty," he heard his chief aide said and he heard the door shut.

"Syl Langley, you're getting interesting day by day," Archid said while watching the sunset outside his window.

On the west side of Wessmor, another man who's also watching the sunset stands in front of his window while listening to a man talking behind him.

"The people in Tupah village are getting sick each day. Some of them already died, their land is experiencing drought and there are a lot of reports of rubbery of merchants who tried to set foot in that village. It won't be long for the leader to decide to send a message to the King and if he does, I will report to you immediately," the man ended his report and bowed,

"Is that so?" the man in the window said. "If that happens I'm sure the King will be the one to oversee it and with luck, the Prince will probably at his side. This will make my plan easier, hitting two birds in one stone," the man walk towards his table and sat cross leg on his chair while taking a glass of wine in his hand.

"I want you to prepare our men, follow our plans assassinate the King whenever they have a chance, but let the Prince live I still need him. You understand Brandon," he ordered the man in front of him.

"Yes, My Lord," the man called Brandon answered him.

"Good. You may leave," he ordered Brandon. The man bowed and left.

"How about your sister?" A middle-aged woman who sat in a chair said.

"My people reported that my sister has fallen out from the King's Grace," the man answered her.

"You better know what you are doing son. You better not failed my son, you should get what rightfully yours," the woman stood up and walks toward her son's and reach his face. "It yours take it," she said looking straight into his son's eyes.

The man nodded at her. "And I will," the man answered his mother full of conviction.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

🎃HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE 🎃

🤡Baksu🤡