CHAPTER 49 : Something isn't right

After the meeting, Archid decided to stay in his private room to clear his mind because of some other reason he feels restless ever since he decided to go to Tupah village. He suddenly has the urge to see Syl his worried for the consort without any reason.

"I need to see him," he told himself and stood up from his chair and immediately went out of his room. "Prepare my horse I'm going out," he ordered his servant who is outside.

When he arrived at the Jasmine Villa he immediately knocks on the door himself. Lily is the one who opened the door and was shocked to see the King. "Your Majesty" she immediately bowed and greeted him.

Archid didn't pay much attention to the servant, he's trying to look inside the house to see if Syl will be going out as well but in his dismay, the consort doesn't show up. "Where is Consort Langley?" he hurriedly asked when he realizes that the consort is not coming out.

"The consort just went out hours ago Your Majesty," Lily answered nervously.

"Do you know where he'd go?" Archid ask deciding to follow the consort himself.

"He said he's going to old Morgan at the Farmer's Village, Your Majesty."

Archid didn't say anything he just turned around and ride his horse. He decided to go back to the main palace to change his clothing so people won't recognize him while looking for Syl.

Lily watched at the retreating back of the King she withdraw the breath that she is still holding when he left. How could the consort stand that kind of presences it's so overwhelming.

Syl who's in the house of old Morgan drinking tea. He's been pestering the old man to teach him how to make this kind of tea but the old man wouldn't yield. He met this old man in the street on one of his trip to the village. He saw this man pass out on the road because of heat stroke luckily he's doing his weekly visit to the village.

His visiting houses to help people with their ailment, healers at this time are not that many some of them decided to work for rich people in the capital. This is one of the flaws of this era. Those who had capabilities to help decided to turn a blind eye to those in need.

He wouldn't say that this era is poor, actually it's more productive than the next generation. The people are well fed everyone had jobs, but the one thing that they lack is health programs for the workers and farmers, They don't have enough healer even in the capital and if there is one it will cost them too much. That is why they tried to treat it themselves or they just consult the healer when they cannot tolerate the pain anymore. He wondered if the King knows about this.

"So how's the palace dear consort?" he heard the old man say. He eyed him feeling annoyed because he called him consort again.

"When will you stop calling me consort I told you to call me Syl," he said sounding pissed.

"Hahaha..." the old man just laughed at him and he rolled his eyes at him while sipping his tea again. "When you drop the Old when you call my name," Morgan told him.

Syl looked at Morgan and shake his head. "No, not happening," now it's his turn to laugh at him.

"Now seriously consort how are things inside the palace?" Morgan asked him. Syl notices the seriousness on the old man's words. He straightens his back and looks at him.

Syl knew that Morgan used to work inside the palace for the previous King but something happened but no one knows the reason why he decided to live outside the palace and live as a normal citizen.

"Everything is fine, the Queen Dowager is doing well. The Princes are also doing well. The King and the Prince are still busy with Kingdom work and the ministry is still doing a great job at annoying the King and making things hard for him," Syl said with a smile on his face.

"That's good to hear," Morgan said with a pleased look on his face while rubbing his chin, a habit that Syl notices that he does when he's happy with certain things.

"How about you and the King, how's your relationship?" Syl sigh when he heard that question again. This old man wouldn't stop asking him about his and the Kings relationship ever since they knew each other. That's when he decided to drop the conversation and leave this old man alone.

"I think it's time for me to go, heard Lisa just gave birth I want to visit the baby on my way home," he said and got up from his seat. He saw the old man shake his head while he smiled. He knows that the old man knew that he was just evading the question. Morgan stood up and escorted him out. Syl wave goodbye but before he could turn around he heard the old man speak. "I hope things with you and King will get better soon. I hope you could also heal him as you did to the people in this village,"

Syl looks at Morgan honestly he doesn't understand what the man said and he felt confused. Is the King sick? He thought to himself. Morgan notices the confused look on Syl's face, ahh... children this time they might be clever in some ways but they are still innocent as a newborn babe, he laugh to himself and he walks toward Syl and pushes him on his way.

"Get going my dear consort. It's getting late," he said. Syl just looks at him and nodded and walk away. Morgan watches the retreating back of Syl. "You look exactly like your mother but your temperament is exactly like Noah. God in heaven please take care of this kind child," Morgan said before going back inside his house.

Morgan house is far from the main road, you had to walk for several minutes before you reach the main road and this place is like a big maze. Syl almost got lost when he first came here.

He hummed while he walks to entertain himself but somehow he felt that something wasn't right. He stops for a while and looks behind him to check if someone is following him but there's no one so he decided to ignore it and continue walking, and there is the weird feeling again that someone is following him. This time he didn't stop he look at the corner of his eyes to see if someone is behind him and he saw a shadow in the corner, someone is really following him. He quickens his phase and the person did the same. Syl took a deep breath and run as fast as he can.

Syl is not good at physical combat he didn't pay much attention to it in his time, but his good with a gun, but gun is not an option in this time. He didn't have anything with him even a single dagger. His only choice is to run, and run he did. His whole attention is in front of him he needs to reach the main road and from there he can relax because there are many people who knows him in that area.

He's running as fast as he can the only thing that he is worried is his stamina, he doesn't have a strong stamina he gets tired easily he just hope that he can make it in the main road or else his doom. He shakes his head to get rid of the negative thoughts and he saw the exit and he smiled to himself. He pushes himself more just a few steps and he will be at outside. Syl is so relieved that he lowered his guard and didn't notice that there is a man hiding in the corner waiting for him.

Syl felt that something hit his nape so hard that his vision becomes blurry and he fell on the ground. He tried to see who hit him but his vision is getting darker. "Who?" Is the last word that he uttered before he lost his consciousness.