CHAPTER LXIV

Belinda the wife of the Earl was stunned when she saw the person who just spoke, she can't be wrong that soft voice belongs to someone that is very dear in her heart, the reason why she resent the King so much, and when she saw the person took off his hood she saw the most beautiful eyes that she adored since childhood, it's her best friend Syl Langley.

She can't believe that her friend is right in front of her. She was about to run towards him when he felt a hand on her elbow, when he looked up he saw the serious look on her husband face and he shook his head.

Aaron knew how excited her wife was when they saw Syl even him, he wanted to approach his friend and hug him until his bones can't handle it anymore but one look and he knew that his friend is here to perform an important task for the King, that is why he prevented her wife to approach them and gesture to watch them and assess the situation herself. Belinda understands what her husband meant and look back at the people in front of them and from there she knew that the hugging can wait when everything is settled.

Nathan was surprised to see the Consort with Prince Nick, the Prince just left last night, the travel to Tupah village to the capital will take one day how come his back and his with the Consort.

"I saw them at the port this morning, and immediately brought them here," Nick explained when he saw the confused face of his friend.

"We'll explain later but can we see him now? Prince Nick told me that the King is unconscious for two days tell exactly what happened," Syl said with urgency in his voice. Nathan nodded, "follow me," he said and he turns around and walk inside the mansion and lead them to where the King is.

Syl look at Ren and nodded at him and started walking when he saw the two figure standing at the entrance of the mansion, he didn't know what happened but he felt a surge of happiness in his heart, he felt a longing to touch and hug these people, and from there he knew that these people are important to the previous, he looks at them and smiled.

Syl wasn't aware that he stopped walking, Gerard who is following him stop to and when he notices that Syl is still rooted in his place and not moving while staring at the two people in front of them he decides to call his name to get his attention. "Consort are you alright?" he asked. Nathan and the Prince heard Gerard and they both stop and turn back and notice that the others were not following them anymore and they saw Syl staring at the Earl and his wife, who gives way earlier for them to past through.

Prince Nick walk towards the couple "This is the King's favored Consort, Consort of Jasmine , Syl Langley," He introduces Syl to the Earl and his wife, the couple then bowed to the consort, but the longing in the eyes of couples didn't pass unseen by the Prince.

"Consort, this is the Earl of Seville Aaron Burgundy and his wife Lady Belinda Burgundy," the Prince introduces the couple to him. When heard the couple's name he knew exactly who these people are. Their names are always written in the previous diary especially when the previous was young, these people are the previous closes friends who took care of him when his parents died and his been with them since they were young, they treated Syl as their younger brother because he was younger than them.

"I know who they are, they're my family," Syl said after the Prince introduced them. Nick was surprised to hear what Syl said he looks at Syl and back to the Earl. "I know this is supposed to be a touching moment for you guys but my brother is more important right now," Nick can't help but say it when he notices that the consort is not moving from his spot,

The Earl heard what the Prince said and nodded to Syl. "Go, do the thing that you came here for," he said with encouraging smile on his face. Syl smiles warmly and looks at Belinda, and she's also looking at him, "Go little falcon" she mouthed to him. Syl looks at her with a determined look and walks away following the Prince and Nathan in front of them.

Belinda leans to her husband while he grasps his arm and he looks at him tears breaming in her eyes. "Aaron our baby is back," she said full of happiness. The Earl stares at his wife and smiled at her and caresses her head and watches the retreating back of their friend. "Indeed our baby is back," and they followed them to the King's room.

"He was hit by an arrow a week ago and he lost consciousness at first but regain it again after an hour or less and I treated his wound, the wound is not that dangerous at all and knowing Archid he can withstand any type of poison because his body is used to it, but after 3 days the wound is not healing at all and it's swelling it's getting worse every day and the King is getting paler and he also has a fever and the fourth day His Majesty's body can't stand it anymore and he collapse and he hadn't woken up since then." Nathan immediately explains when they went inside the room and looking at the sleeping figure of the King.

Syl walks towards the King and he touches his forehead. Indeed his having a high fever, his lips are pale and his pulse is weak. "Where's the wound?" he asked Nathan. "At his back in his right shoulder blade," Nathan quickly answered.

Syl tried turning the King to see the wound but even in his weakens state this conceited King is heavy!. "Let me," he heard and saw the Gerard turned the King on his back with ease, he sigh because of his lack of strength, and look at Gerard and held his hand to him, he saw Gerard look at his hand with a confused expression. "Give me your dagger and light a candle for me," he ordered Gerard and the large man immediately handed him his dagger and lighted the candle in the side table.

Prince Nick and Nathan look at each other with wide eyes, with the same thing running in their head why the hell the great general of Wessmor is just obeying the consort with ease without any hint of displeasure towards the consort. What the hell happened while they were gone?

Syl quickly cut the bandage that wraps around the Kings body, he did this to inspect the wound quickly. When he took off the bandage from the wound "Shit!" he cursed. The wound is very swollen and it's already pestering, pus is also leaking from the wound with mixture of blood and it's also emitting a foul smell, Syl shake his head and stared at the wound and there he saw something in the wound, he immediately stood up and walk towards the candle and run the dagger into the fire and when the tip of the dagger is hot enough, he went back and pierced the dagger to Archid's wound and he carved something out from the wound that is sticking on his flesh. Syl looks at the black substance on the tip of the dagger.

Everyone in the room was stunned when they saw the consort stub the wound with the dagger that he heated, they all smelled the burning flesh but it went away as fast as they smell it. Prince Nick reacted but stop by Gerard and the general just shake his head to the Prince. Nick sigh and calmed himself down and waited for the Consort to say something. It's not just Nick who is anticipating for the Consorts words, Nathan, Ren, Gerard and the couple who followed them are also waiting for him to say something.

"If I'm one day late my adorable Cain will be the next King by tomorrow, you one lucky bastard King Archid St. John," Syl said with a sneer and while looking at the back of the King, not minding that there are people who could hear him.

Everyone in the room felt a chill run down on their spine when they heard what the Consort said.