CHAPTER LXI

In a quiet night in the land of Wessmor while most people in the capital are all in their bed and sleeping, there are two horses trotting on their way to the main port in the capital.

"You can stop laughing now, you know," Syl said irritated while elbowing the man behind him. He's riding a horse with Gerard while Ren is riding along with their stuff.

"I just can't believe that the valiant consort of the King, who's not afraid to fight with him in every chance that he get, is afraid to ride a horse," Gerard said while trying to stifle a laugh.

"and you find it hilarious that you've been laughing since we left the palace, if I've known that this will happen I would never agree with you coming with us," Syl said pissed at the General. Syl was horrified when he learned that they're going to ride a horse in their travel. This is one of the things that his bad at or rather he can't do because he has a trauma when it comes to riding a horse.

Back in his time when he was young, Syl fell from a pony and he broke one of his legs and ever since then he never again ride any pony or horses and his parents never force him. That is why he always walk in this time or he will hire someone when he goes in the capital, but tonight he wasn't able to prevent it because just like Gerard said using a carriage will just draw them unwanted attention in their travel and it will much easier from them to use a horse.

The only problem is he can't ride alone, he almost past out when he was seated in the back of the horse and almost fell on the ground, it's a good thing that the general is beside him, he caught him before he fell and that's what leads him in this situation, him riding a horse with the general and he's irritated as hell, because this man has been laughing at him and he won't bother to hide it.

"I wonder what will the King say when he learned about this," he heard Gerard said and he felt more irritated with the man, it was really a bad decision that he let this big oaf come with them, Syl thought and he heard Gerard laugh again.

Syl snaps his head towards Gerard and glared at him. "Then I'll make sure that you will not sire any heir in the future, mark my words Great General," Syl said threatening the General.

Gerard saw the seriousness in the Consort's eyes and he gulp and felt some sweat on his forehead and wipe it with his hand. Syl saw this and turn away from the General and look straight ahead. "Hey I was just joking, to calm your nerves, you're so stiff it will be hard on you if you keep that up," he heard Gerard evplained and he didn't say anything and just ignore the man.

"Why are we heading to the port?" Gerard heard Ren ask who's been riding beside them and being quiet since they started traveling. "Yeah, why are we heading there?" he heard the consort ask the same question.

"It's best for us to board a ship, it will only take us 1 day to get to Tupah, we'll be there by dawn the next day, because if we travel by land it will take us 3 days on the road and that still depends on how fast we will travel it might take us more than 3 days on the road," Gerard explains to his two companions. The brothers didn't say anything and just nods with understanding and they travel quietly until they reach the port.

"We're here," Syl jerk and open his eyes, he was starting to drift off to sleep when he heard Gerard's voice. Syl opens his eyes and saw a ship in front of him. His eyes went wide, "Evergreen" Syl whispered to himself. This is the historical ship of the land of Wessmor, it was the first ship that was built in their country, it was a cargo ship at first and in mid of 19th century it became a battleship and after that it was transformed as a luxury ship but in his time it's considered as a historical ship and was kept at bay as a tourist attraction and was well kept. He can't believe that it is now in front of him freshly build. It said that the ship was built in the 18th century but he didn't have any idea that this ship exists in this era.

Gerard went down on his horse, he held his hand to the consort to help him down but the consort didn't move on his place his eyes are glued at the ship and he saw how fascinated the consort is and he smiled at that. "That's Evergreen, it's the King's brainchild" Gerard said when he noticed that the consort is not making any move and keep staring at the large ship in front of them.

Syl heard what the General said, he turns around and finds that the man is not behind him anymore and that's when he noticed the extended hand of the general in front of him. He took the hand and let the man help him to get down. Syl still cannot get over that the famous Evergreen is in front of him. "Is it true that this is the King's brainchild?" he asks again not believing what the general said earlier that wake him from his stupor.

"Yes," Gerard answered confidently. "He is the one who designs this ship, ever since we are young Archid dreamed in building one so that we don't have to depend on other countries to transport our supplies, and trading will be much easier if we have our own," Gerard explained to Syl proudly.

"Are we going to ride on that ship?" they heard Ren ask who is already beside the General. Gerard look at the young man beside him and nod, "Yes that's the one we're going to board to get to Tupah and that's why I need you two to stay here for a while and wait for me while I talk to the captain, and don't ever take your hoods off, it is not safe in this place especially at this time so better not show your faces." Gerard said like he's lecturing little children. Syl notices how he talked to them but didn't bother to reprimand the man, he just wanted to go inside that ship and just nodded to Gerard, and when the man saw this he left them and walk towards the man who is standing near the stairs.

"How's my brother?" Nathan heard the worried voice of the Prince. "He is still not waking up," Nathan answered regretfully to the Prince and he sighed. The King was hit by an arrow in saving the pregnant wife of the Earl. He was hit at the right shoulder blade and they thought that it was not that dangerous until Archid lost his consciousness and never woke up after that, the strange thing is Archid's wound is not a normal one, in just a small amount of time it was covered with pus and it is swelling. He was trying to drain it like how the Consort taught him but the pus will still come back in an hour.

"We need Consort Syl here, his the one who could heal our King, the arrow that hit him has poison on it, I'm sure of that, We both know that Archid will never fall just because of a single arrow on his back, his stronger than that, but this one is not a normal one, and I hate to admit it but I'm not that good with this kind of this situation. We need his consort, his the only one who could help him" Nathan said feeling frustrated that he can't help his friend, though his one of the best healer in the palace, his knowledge is still limited.

"Alright, I will go back to the palace and bring Syl with me, with or without his permission, his life is more important than following orders from him, I'll just deal with him when he wakes up. I'm going to the port before dawn I will find a boat that will bring me to the capital it is much faster that way than to travel by land." Nick said while looking at the pale face of his brother.