CHAPTER LXXXI

"Have you seen how that woman looks at me?!" Helga said with rage when she and her son went inside Sigmund's quarters, that the head council temporarily gave them.

As the King Regent, he will be living in the main palace and as for his mother who was the wife of one the younger son of the previous head will live at the red place that belongs to the royal family of the West but for now they will live in this quarters until Sigmund's position is been announced.           

Sigmund didn't answer his mother, instead he went beside the table where the drinks had been placed, he gets a bottle of wine and poured himself a drink and sat leisurely on a couch and cross his legs while he twirls his glass of wine. Helga who was talking since they came inside stops and looks at her son with discontent look on her face. "Sigmund are you listening to me, do you even heard what I said?"

Sigmund look at his mother uninterested when he heard her speak, "Mother calm yourself down, you cannot lose your temper with that kind of provocation, too many eyes are watching us. We have to be cautious, relax, have yourself a drink," then he lifted his glass towards his mother with smile and unbothered look on his face.

Helga stared at her son feeling aggravated with his action, "How can you act like this?" she said angrily while pointing at her son.

"Regent! That's not our goal!! Our goal is you to become King and yet here you are drinking and sitting on that couch acting like nothing happened, Sigmund this is not our plan, think of a way to change this," she said angrily while pacing in front of him.

"Do I look like I'm happy? Mother," he asked after his mother finished her rant. Who stopped her phasing looks at him and saw the unpleasant look at his eyes and from that she understands that it is not only her that is angry with the situation. She sighed and sat on the couch that was near her and try to calm herself.

Sigmund got up from his place and went to the table where he got his drink earlier and poured another glass with red wine and handed it to his mother. "I've already known that this thing will happen.  If we use this kind of way to take the throne, this is bound to happen because Archid has his heir and still alive, if Amanda just do her job properly we won't have to face this kind of situation, the throne should have been in my hands by now, I just need to get my hand in the Crown Prince," he said with a sinister smile on his face.

"And how will you suppose to do that?" she asked with a raised brow.

"You doubting me?" he asked his mother. Helga didn't answer her son and just keep staring at him.

Sigmund look at his mother with an amused face, "I have my ways mother, I have my ways," he said while he laughs and bumps his glass with her glass, and he went to the couch where he sat earlier and sit on it again while he sips on his own glass.

Helga just watches her son's action and looks at him for a while and gave him a knowing smile and sips her own wine.

"When will you get Amanda from that place?" she asked when she remembers her youngest child who was in hiding, "Now that Archid is dead and you are the King Regent it is safe of her to come back,"

Sigmund finish his glass before answering her, "It's already prepared, I will ask someone to get her when everything is settled with my position and then she can come back here," then Sigmund got up from the couch and came near his mother and offered his hand to her and said "It's late mother you better take a rest,"

Helga reaches out to her son's hand and stood up from her place then they both walk towards the door and he opened it for his mother but before she went out she said, "Your sister will be happy with this development," then she smiled to her son and left.

Sigmund watches his mother's back while she walks back to her own quarters, "maybe," he murmured to himself before shutting his door with a shake of his head.

***

"Your Grace a letter is sent for you by the head council," Bhaer said handling the letter to the Queen Dowager.

Eleanor takes the letter from Bhaer and reads it. Bhaer watches as the Queen Dowager read the letter and he saw her face change with amusement and he saw her sneered after she was done reading it.

"The council wants to declare Humphrey's position within five days, giving me a reason that the land will look vulnerable in the eyes of our enemy if they find out that there is no one occupying the throne. What a load of nonsense that they're spouting," she said full of grievances in her heart. She got from her place and looks outside her window.

"Human hearts are really fragile when it comes to their greed and desires," she said while watching the sunset from her window.

"That they won't even realize it themselves, they cannot see what is good or what it's bad for them and the people around them, they don't even realize that they were tested for their loyalty, it was just sad that he decided to clean up the mess not just inside the palace but also the outside, no one will be spared by this clean up," she ended with a sigh.

"But it is for the better, and he's just fulfilling a promise to the last King when he was young Your Grace," Bhaer says after hearing the woman's words. Eleanor looks at her loyal friend and gave him a genuine smile, a smile that comes from her heart.

"I'm surprised that you still remembered, but I wonder if he does?" Eleanor said with wondering if Archid really remembers his promise to his late father.

"By the way how is Morgan?" she asks sounding like she was just inquiring for his old friend's wellbeing, but Bhaer clearly understands  what she meant. He and Eleanor had a tactic understanding that they cannot speak of the Crown Prince and the other children's situation. They want the council to think that the children are still inside the palace walls.

"He already got your letter and the seeds that you gave him to grow as a tree foundation, I also heard that his quite complaining because you sent him too many seeds that he didn't know where to start," Bhaer said with a smile on his face.

"Oh, is that so," she said with mirth in her eyes and she gave a very hearty laugh that Bhaer is happy to hear it from her. He never heard her laugh like that after the children left the palace.

"Ahh... he better takes care of those seeds because they are important and they very special, he will have to face the royal family's wrath if something bad happens to those seeds," she said with a solemn look on her eyes.