CHAPTER XCIII

"Brother!" Ren blattered out when he saw what his brother did with the sword, while Nathan was dumbfounded when he saw his own sword pointed at Faust's neck now, Gerard was also stunned as everyone.

"Consort what is the meaning of this?" Faust said with a pale face, he felt his adam's apple graze the tip of the sword when he swallowed his saliva because of fear.

"Did you not hear everything that I said? I told you to take off your hand from that casket or it will be your head?" Syl said seriously not minding the people around him.

Faust took off his hand from the casket and back off from it with three steps and sweats all over his forehead.

"There, you should have done that the first time I asked, see we wasted too much time," Syl said with a bright smile on his face like he was just complimenting the person in front of him with a sword on his hand.

Nathan saw how pale Faust is and took pity on him, "Consort would you mind giving back my sword," Nathan said and held his hand out to take the sword.

Syl look at Nathan and said "Oh, of course, I don't mind, he took off the sword and handed it to Nathan, thank you for lending it to me just now," he said and turn toward Faust.

He looks at him and he felt that this person is familiar, and base on his attire this is not a soldier of the King, and the crest he saw earlier is from Prince Nick's clan. "How come the Regent can use the people of Prince Nick when there is no one leading them right now?" he thought to himself.

He raises his chin a little, "Are you the one to escort us back to the palace?" he asked

"Yes, the regent sent me to escort you to the palace," Faust answered after composing himself and stood straight on his place.

"I see, thus the Regent didn't respect his Majesty's body and sending an impertinent person to open his casket in the middle of nowhere, he even asks someone to check the casket?" Syl said sounding annoyed.

"ahh," Faust was about to say something but was stopped by Syl when he saw a hand five inches away from his face.

"You don't need to say anything just do your job properly," he said and turn around and grab Ren's arm and pulled him towards the carriage. "Gerard look after Sir Faust, I live everything to you I need to rest," he said and went inside the carriage.

Faust watches the Consort back with hatred in his eyes, "Come on Faust you heard what Consort said," Faust just snap from his musings when he heard Gerard's voice.

"You are actually following that Consort words, who's he to humiliate me?" he said angrily that he wanted to crush something with his own hand.

"Well that's the King's favorite, and he ordered us to follow the consorts words don't deny him of anything," Gerard said with his serious face. He observes Faust reaction and saw that the person furrowed his brows and looks quite annoyed. It was not just Gerard who saw this didn't escape Nathan's eyes,

"Enough with the talk, we better move now before the one in there get impatient," he said while he gesture to the carriage with his head, "You better go back to your troop and start our journey time is getting wasted, we better hurry we still need to cross the forest." Nathan continues and taps at Faust's shoulder and urges him to move.

Faust nodded at Nathan and Gerard and they watch him as he walks toward his horse and went up on it and went to his troop.

"He's gone," Gerard said and after that, the door of the carriage opens.

The carriage door swung open after Gerard said that. "I thought that person is Nick's people, why was he the one that regent said to us? Honestly, I don't like him," Syl said with displeased while still sitting inside the carriage.

"Yes, he's a member of the branch family of the royal family of the South," Nathan answered him while he walks toward his horse beside the carriage and went atop of it and Gerard went on his own and did the same thing.

"Royal family of the South? So there is also a Royal family from the South?" Syl said with a questioning look at Nathan.

"Oh. Right," Nathan said when he realizes that Syl didn't know anything about the dark history of the Royal family.

"You see Consort, the royal family is consist of four families and every family has their heads and branches, at our fathers time the Heads are the leader of each family but it changes when the rebellion happens and the head of the South gave up his position to Nicholas, that's the only thing that I can tell you because my knowledge is limited, you can ask the King when you meet him," he said and smile at the consort. "You better close your door Consort where leaving," he continued.

Syl nodded with understanding, "I told you to call me Syl," he reminded Nathan with a raised brow and close the door and the carriage started moving again.

Ren looked at his brother who has a contemplated look on his face, "Brother what's bothering you?" Ren can't help asking after seeing such a look on his face.

Syl heard him and look at Ren, "Well, I'm curious about the history of the royal family, do you know anything about it?" he asked

Ren shook his head, "I also don't know because I'm also new at the palace when I started serving you and I never heard anything about it from the other servant even when I first entered the palace," Ren answered him.

"Uhm, I see," he said and gestured his brother to continue reading and Ren nodded at him and started reading again.

Syl looks outside the window and watches the scenery while they entered the forest and started thinking again about the matters of the royal family and the previous diary. "These things are not written on that diary, I don't like the looks of that Faust, that person most probably eyeing the position that Prince Nick left to the little Prince, Archid needs to finish this charade as soon as possible, I need to go back to my children, none of them were safe as this moment," he begins to worry at the realization of their situation.