CHAPTER LX

Syl reads the last letter that he wrote for the night, he rolled the paper and secured it with a ribbon, he got up from the chair and went to his bed and look inside his bag that he packed after having their dinner.

He decided to leave and go to Tupah village without telling anyone. He thought about it the whole day when he left the white rose palace, and his desire to go their intensified when he learned the situation on his village, he wanted to help the people in need with or without the King's consent, he wanted to help and his going to help them whether he like it or not.

When he was sure that he packed all the necessary things that he will be using when he gets in to the village he close the bag and put it on his back, he grabbed his cloak and put it on him and he gathered the letters that he wrote for his brothers, he turns of his light and went out of his room followed by snow that he decided to bring with him.

When he was out of his room he notices that there are no lights on his brothers room. He decided to open Ren's room but it was lock, he sighed and just decided to leave Ren's letter in the living room with Hans and Lily's letters. He proceeds to Fredrick's room who now sleeps alone, he saw the boy lying on his bed, he went near his bedside table and put his letter, he walks towards the sleeping boy and carefully caresses his head not to wake him up and kisses him in his forehead. He did the same thing with the other children.

He closes the door of Prince Shane's room quietly he looks once again before looking at the hallway to make sure that he didn't wake up anyone. He carefully walked down the stairs so he won't make any sound that will wake up the others. He walks towards the living room still not creating any noise when he reaches the door of the living room he opens it and was shocked at what he saw.

"I see you still decided to go" he heard a woman's voice that he knew well and the lamp in the living room slowly lighting up and revealing the people inside the living room. The Queen Dowager is seated on a chair and beside her is Ren and the one who open the lamp his Gerard. He was stunned to see these people, how long they've been waiting for him? So that's why Ren's room is locked. How did they know about my plan? am I that obvious? He asks himself.

"I knew this will happen, you're not good at lying Consort Syl," he heard the Queen Dowager who awaken him from his musing. He looked at her feeling guilty and embarrassed, he felt like a teenager who was caught sneaking out but was relieved when he saw that the Queen Dowager is not mad at him.

The Queen Dowager got up from her seat and walks towards him, "I guess I can't stop you, right?" she asked him and he nods at her. "Very well then I want you to bring Ren and Gerard with you." The Queen Dowager said.

Syl didn't speak he looks at Ren who is standing beside the Queen Dowager. "Brother let me come with you, I want to come with you," Ren told him when they're eyes met. Syl sighed and nods at his brother and Ren smiled at him, "But how about the children?" Syl asked the Queen Dowager when he remembered his little brothers and the young princes. "Don't worry about them, I will look after them, I will bring them to my palace together with your two aides" the Queen Dowager reassured him. "Thank you, Your Grace," he told her and bowed at her.

"Do I still need to bring him with me?" he asked while pointing at the general. The Queen Dowager looks at the general, so it's true that Syl doesn't like Gerard, she remembered Bhaer told her about this and she didn't believe him because Gerard is a nice man nicer than his own son, but why Syl doesn't like him, she thought to herself while he looks at the two. The General is still just standing on the side with his expressionless face while the consort looks like he just eats something bitter just by thinking that the general will come with them.

"I need to come with you, it's my duty to guard you all times, that's what the King ordered me to do" they all look at the man who's been silent all this time. Eleanor saw that Syl is about to speak and she decided to intervene. "Gerard is right and besides you need someone to guard both of you as I said earlier the village is not a safe place to go to as of now," she said while she looks at Syl who is just listening to her and didn't answer back.

"And besides I heard that the consort and his brother are not good when comes to fighting" Gerard added and that statement earned him a glare from the consort who doesn't want him on this trip.

Syl was about to answer the general but once again cut off by his brother this time by pulling his sleeves. "I think the Queen Dowager is right, we need someone to protect us, though it's embarrassing to admit, it's true that I'm not good at fighting," he heard Ren whispered to him and in all honestly they're right, so he just buried his pride in the pit and looked at the General he stared at him for a while and looks at the Queen Dowager, "Fine I'll bring him with me, but he need to stay away from my business, I just let him come so that his head will still stay where they are," he said while glaring at the general.

The Queen Dowager laughs at the consort unwillingness to bring the general, she wondered how will the general deal with the stubborn consort of her son.

"I think it is better for us if we go now before we wake those children up," Ren said while he pointed at the second floor. All of them agreed at what Ren said and started going out lead by the general.

Outside they saw three horses and one carriage. Syl walks towards the carriage and stops when he heard Ren's voice calling his name, "Brother why are you going there?" Ren questioned him and when he looks back he saw Ren and Gerard standing beside the three horses and his eyes went wide. "Fuck are we going to ride a horse?" he murmured to himself.