CHAPTER LXXIII

The day that I've been waiting has come, this is the day that I will claim the throne that my father couldn't. I spent all my life training and preparing for this day. Since I was a child my mother always telling me that this place is mine. My mother sacrifices many things just for us to get back what rightfully ours. The St. John will pay for what they did to my father, to my family. These are the things that running to Sigmund's mind while he approaches the palace on his horse followed by his soldiers and a carriage where his mother is situated.  

***
At the throne room Eleanor, the Queen Dowager sitting in her usual seat that she uses every morning court. The members of the council who summoned her are all sitting in front of her. She watches as two of the members of the council argued in front of her. Her intuitions are true after all. These greedy men are after with the privileges that they will get whoever will sit on the throne.

The one is Lord Burton an Earl in the north part of Wessmor, he proposes that the Queen Dowager will take the throne again as the Queen Regent until the Crown Prince reaches the proper age to rule. But Lord Sonnet from the south part of Wessmor proposes to let the Crown Prince take the throne and just let him choose a chancellor to help him lead the country and each of them has their own supporter.

Eleanor observes the atmosphere around her, she saw that only four members  express their opinion about the matter about the throne and the majority of the members remained quiet like her and just watch as the other fight with each other. This council look so relax and sure about their position.

Eleanor is about to the stop the men in their heated discussion when the doors of the throne room open up with a loud bang. Eleanor straightens her back put her hands on her lap and titled her head high as he watches a man strode inside the throne room looking dignified and confident.

She knows that the man who is walking towards her is at the same age as his youngest son Nicholas. The man with a light brown hair and dark hazel eyes stares at her while she stared back at him. The man smiled and bowed at her.

The four quarreling Lords stop their heated discussion when this man strode pass them, Lord Burton was about to open his mouth to reprimand the man but was stopped when he heard the Queen Dowager's voice.

"Duke of Lynneville, May I ask why the Lord is here, I was not notified about this visit of yours, mind telling me why?" Eleanor said with a smile on her face that doesn't reach her eyes and meaningful voice that everyone understands, they all knew that the Queen Dowager is not happy about this visit.        

Sigmund understands the Queen Dowager's words but pretends that he doesn't. He bowed his head again before speaking, "I come here to express my condolences to the Queen Dowager for the passing of our King," he stated with sincerity.

Eleanor brows slightly went up, "Condolences can be also express in letters, Lord  Lynneville should not trouble himself in this matter, besides my son remains are not here yet, unless the Lord has other matters that he likes to discuss," Eleanor said her last words suggestively.

Who said that this woman is easy, this woman in front of him is indeed the Queen of the Wessmor who is compassionate and clever. He knew that this woman already saw right thru him. Sigmund smiles at the Queen Dowager meaningfully and didn't talk and put his hand at his back.

The members of the council saw how the Duke of Lynneville acts in the front of the Queen Dowager, "How dare you to disrespect the Queen Dowager, " Earl Burton blurted out.

Sigmund just looks at the old Earl and sneered before averting his gaze and look towards the Queen Dowager again. "I see Your Grace is really a clever woman, no one really matches the Queen of the commons," Sigmund stated staring at the Queen Dowager with the sneer on his face.