CHAPTER LXIII

"Hahaha..." he could still hear the prince laughing ahead of them and it annoyed him so much that he wanted to smack his head with a stick. "You've been laughing so hard for a long time now, aren't you afraid to drop dead on your horse? Your Highness," he says to the prince not hiding his irritation towards him.

"You better stop laughing now Your Highness if you still want to sire children," Gerard quipped trying to hold his own laughter. Syl notices it and turn his head and glared at the man who is behind him. Gerard saw this and averted his gaze somewhere else and cleared his throat.

Nick heard Gerard cleared his throat, he looks back what he saw made him burst in another laughter. He just saw the Great General averted his eyes towards the intense glare of the Consort of Jasmine who looks like a child in front of the general but the big general is afraid to stir the wrath of the Consort.

"Why did he already threaten yours?" Nick cannot help to ask when he saw  the two. Syl turns his head at the front and glares at the Prince. "Yes, Your Highness I did, and I must tell you that I'm serious when I said those words and I suggest that you must heed his warning Your Highness," Syl says to the laughing Prince in front of him with the glare.

"Oh, sorry dear Consort of Jasmine I didn't mean to offend you, I just cannot believe it, that you the valiant Consort of the King is afraid to ride a horse, I don't know what my brother would say if he heard about this," Nick said while he laughed some more.

"I suggest that you don't tell this to the King if you don't want your happiness strip from you, Your Highness," Syl said with a menacing voice, he already lost his patience with the Prince. The General stiffen when he heard the cold voice of the Consort, while Ren who was just quietly followed them beside his brother and the general shivered and his eyes darted back and forth from his brother and the Prince. Please, Prince Nick, don't speak anymore, Ren thought to himself when his gaze settled at the Prince back

The Prince heard the Consort and looks at him with a raised brow. "Please pray tell dear consort of jasmine, how will you strip my happiness away from me?" he said still teasing the consort. "You can't threaten me about not siring any heir because my cute little son is enough for me," he said and laughs at him.

Syl just let out a sigh and didn't answer the Prince instead he looks at his side and stares at his brother who's been quite the entire journey and smiled. Syl knows that the Prince is interested with his brother he often catches him looking at Ren and sometimes he will catch the Prince staring at his brother and will smile at him. Ren is just too innocent and docile to notice it but to Syl, it's too obvious. At first, he didn't want to meddle with this because it is Ren's business but the Prince just pushes him too far. You think I don't have anything to you ha! That where your wrong Prince Nicholas. Syl thought to himself.

Nick waited for the consort to say something but it didn't come, he thinks that the consort is already done with his threat when he suddenly heard him speak that he stop and turn to look at the Consort with wide eyes.

"Ren, don't believe anything that the Prince will tell you and don't speak to him if I'm not with you, Do you understand my little brother?" he looks at the consort disbelievingly and the consort just smirks at him. "Yes brother," he heard Ren answered with a yes without any question and that leave him dumbfounded with his situation.

"You didn't just say that?" the Prince said not believing what he just heard. "Oh, I just did" the consort answered him with a  sweet deadly smile of him that will make anyone shiver.

Prince Nick sighed "Fine I won't tell my brother," he said yielding with the consort then gesture to his horse to start walking again. Syl knew that he won against the Prince "Good," he said and smile to the Prince.

"Ren you can talk with the Prince even when I'm not around" Prince Nick heard Syl told his brother and he is not satisfied with it. "Just that?" he turned and question it.

"Just that," Syl answered him with a meaningful gaze that he understands, the consort didn't trust him with his brother and he needs to earn it, Prince Nick nodded with understanding.

Then he turns to Ren, "How can you just agreed with this sneaky brother of yours?" he joked but still feel frustrated with the situation that he got himself into.

"My brother knows best, Your Highness," Ren answered the Prince innocently

"Right, I know best" Syl said and it's his turn to laugh at the Prince. Gerard gesture to his horse to walk at the same phase as the Prince horse, he looks at the Prince, "I warned you, didn't I," Gerard told him with the "I told you so" look on his face and he just shook his head.

"How far are we yet?" they heard the consort ask. "We are getting there, come on" Prince Nick answered him and he hit the side of his horse with his foot and gesture it to run faster. Gerard and Ren followed him.

Patrick the second hand man of the General is at the veranda watching from afar, looking for any unusual things outside, when he spotted a familiar Black cloak followed by two horses the one is very familiar with him especially the rider but he didn't know who's the one with him because the face is hidden under the hood same as the rider in the other horse. He immediately went inside and went to Nathan who was just finished tending at the King.

"Prince Nicholas is back and his with my General and  with people that I didn't know off," he hurriedly reported to Nathan

Nathan was surprised to hear what Patrick just said to him. Nathan was confused why would the Prince will be back so soon he just left last night he should be on his way to the capital and why is Gerard with him and who are the people with them? Those are the question that running to his mind when he hurriedly stood up and runs toward the entrance of the mansion.

The Earl of Seville and his wife heard the commotion and followed the Royal healer when they saw him ran outside the mansion and from there, they stand and waited at the stairs, until they saw the three horses running through their gates and one of the horses with two occupants.

Nathan saw the Prince stop in front of the stairs and hop down of his horse and went to the other person and help that one to get down, then he watches as Gerard went down of his horse and help the one with him down. Nathan runs down of stairs to meet with the Prince and the General. He turns to Nick who greeted him with a smile.

"Why are you back so soon? Has something bad happened with you at the port? And why is Gerard with you?" Nathan bombarded them with question after question. The two didn't have time to answer him because someone did.

"Because we came here to help," Syl said while he put down his hood and revealed himself.

"Consort Of Jasmine, Syl Langley" Nathan said with surprise and disbelieve written all over his face.