CHAPTER 16: Only Hope

The Queen Dowager wants to leave when she saw Lady Amanda standing in the front of the ballroom. She knew that this woman is up to no good. She doesn't know why her son is very fond of her and tolerates this kind of things.

She was about to stand up when she heard her called a familiar name and when this person removed his hood, she saw a familiar face that she thought she will never see again.

A doubt suddenly form in her mind, Is this him? Is he already been here? But why she hasn't been notified? She looks at her son, she shook her head convincing herself that her son won't keep it from her. To let Lady Amanda do such things to an innocent person it is too much.

The Queen Dowager was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice what happened after the man removed his hood. The Queen Dowager decided that she won't watch her child ruin another innocent soul.

Syl saw at the corner of his eyes that the Queen Dowager was about to leave, that's when he decided to speak while pressing the keys of the piano.

"Before I start I want to let everyone know that this song that I'm about to play was composed by my mother and her dear friend, I hope everyone will love this as I do," he stated.

The Queen Dowager didn't move when she heard the man sing. His voice is soft and sounds so serene. She was brought back in her younger years. She was sitting in front of the piano tapping on its keys while her dear friend with jade eyes sang beside her.

This song is about young girls dreaming about love, how she prays and hope to love and to be loved. This is the song that she and her dear friend had composed promising to teach it to their future children. The Queen Dowager can't stop herself from crying while listening to the song.

Syl finished playing and stood up he bowed to the King and to everyone. He was about to turn and walked out of the ballroom. When someone stops him and from there he knew that his plan is successful.

Syl looks at the old woman who walks towards him, her tears running down her face. Syl can't help himself but to run and hold the woman's hand. "Your Grace what's wrong?" he asked her worriedly.

The Queen Dowager lifted her hand and touch Syl's face and looks at him longingly. "Tell me, what are your parent's name?" she asked him.

"Noah and Cecil Langley, Your Grace," the Queen Dowager cried more when she heard his answer. "You're alive, Syl is your name right?" Syl just nodded while he smiled at her, then she hugged him.

"When did you arrive my child?" she asked when she let go of him. "About two months ago your highness" he answered honestly. Then the Queen Dowager looks at her son angrily. "Why am I not notified about this?" she asked her son sounding upset.

The King hated it when his mother is upset with him, he knew that he disappointed her again and so he decided not to answer her. "Mother, I think this is not the right time and place that we talk about this matter," the Queen Dowager understood what her son meant and she nodded her agreement.

Everyone in the room felt the tension around the mother and son, and they were all surprised that this man knew the Queen Dowager. This is not what they expected to happen but they enjoy it even though there is so much tension around them.

The Queen Dowager turns to Syl again. "I created so much tension on this room this is a celebration for my son's victory. Will you help me lighten up the mood?" she asked him, "can you perhaps sing again," she added, Syl just nodded his agreement to the Queen Dowager.

"Do you have a guitar Your Grace?" he asked. "Uhm... you see I'm more adept in using the guitar" he explained. The Queen Dowager nodded to a ballet near them and in a few second the ballet went back and he handed him the guitar.

Syl decided to take off his cloak off and it reviled his clothing. Everyone admired his clothes then the Queen Dowager notice the brooch pinned in his back.

He is indeed Noah and Cecil's child, she thought to herself while walking back to her place smiling. "Your Syl is with me now no need for you to worry my dear friends," she said to herself

When Archid heard him sing again he remembers the person in his private room earlier. He looks at the ballet who is holding the Consort's cloak it was the same cloak that the person was wearing.

So it was you Consort of Jasmine, Syl Langley, he thought to himself while he looks at Syl intently.