CHAPTER 11: Lotus Villa

"Brother you have a letter," Ren told him while entering the attic. Since Syl found some wild herbs and flowers in the woods he started making medicine like what he was doing now. "Who is it from? Can you please read for me, I'm quite occupied right now," he asked without looking at Ren.

"It's from the Lady of Lotus," Ren answered as he opens the letter and read it.

To. Consort of the Jasmine Villa

I'm writing this letter to remind you of your promise that you will help this kind lady with her predicament of giving the king a gift that he will be happy on his return. But in this past few days, the consort has been neglecting my invitation to attend our music class that I graciously let you in. Now that the King has returned and the party is in 2 days, now I'm worried that the Consort will not be fulfilling his promise and it upset me deeply. Thus I the Lady of Lotus summoned you to attend my afternoon tea with the other consorts this afternoon.

Lady Amanda of the Lotus,

"I think I need to attend that afternoon tea today," Syl stated with a smirk.

"Yes brother, I think you need to. I heard that the Lady of Lotus holds grudges and when she strikes it's scary that you won't ever look her way again," Ren told him with a worried expression.

"Oh... Then I need to prepare to not disappoint the Lady anymore," he said jokingly and stood up and walked past Ren. "Come little brother let's have some lunch first,"

Ren stares at his brother who is looking at him with a slight grin. He followed his brother to the kitchen, looking at his brothers back he can't help but to still be worried for him, everyone in the palace knew that the Lady of Lotus Villa is a vicious lady, she loves tormenting the weak and make fun of them. Other said that she has evil humor. They say that's the reason why the King takes a liking to her and she became the King's favorite thus resulting for her to taunt others without reservation.

Though he doesn't want his brother to go his worried that his brother's continuous refusal will get the lady angry and she may do worse than he expected. He just hopes that his brother can come out from this alive even if the result of him going back in his old ways it's fine at least he's alive.

Ren didn't realize that they already reach the kitchen and he's just standing in the doorway. Syl saw this and notice his worried expression. He already has an idea of what the other is thinking. His little brother is worried about him. He walks towards him and gives him a reassuring hug. "Don't worry too much about me, I'm fine. Believe in me alright," he then let go and patted his head. "Come on stop standing there and help me prepare the table," he then pulled him by the hand.

Ren looks at their entwined hand and took a deep breath and from then on he decided to just trust his brother.

Syl is now sitting on the garden admiring his surroundings. He had visited this place before in his time but he didn't imagine that this is much beautiful in its original state.

He can't believe it when the carriage that brought him here went inside the gate of this large mansion. In his time it is known as the house of a Martyr, who is one of the consorts of the King in 19th century's had lived here and dedicated her life in helping people until her dying breath, and now at this time this is the residence of a vicious woman who loves to taunt others for her own entertainment. What an irony he thought to himself while sipping on his tea and shaking his head.

"Is there something that's not in your taste Sir Langley?" he heard a woman's voice. He stood up from his place and turn around and there he saw three women dress in their gowns approaching him. He bowed when they were all standing in front of him. He greeted them one by one.

"It's nice of you to finally join us Sir Langley," Lady Lucy of Daisy Villa who is standing on the right of Lady Amanda said with sarcasm.

He looks at her straight in the eyes and smiled. Lady Lucy felt a chill when he stared at her and averted her eyes from him.

"Yes, thank you for the invitation and I'm sorry for not coming these past few days. I was not feeling well for a while but I can assure you that I'm in good health now, he explained.

"I'm happy that you're well now. We thought that you're not going to fulfill your promise to the Lady Amanda," Lady Janine of Tulips Villa stated.

He shook his head to deny what Lady Janine had said. "No I will never do that to the kind-hearted Lady Amanda," he said while looking at the said lady.

Lady Amanda looks at her minions with satisfaction and they all look at him and smile. He felt a chill run down to his spine because of their plotting smile. He can't help but shiver.

"Are you cold Sir Langley?" Lady Amanda asked with fake concern

"A little, milady maybe because I just recovered from sickness," he answered her.

"Oh... right then we should go inside," she invited them in. "And you should play for us I miss your wonderful skills in playing the piano, Right ladies?" she said with malice in her voices. The two ladies nodded and snickered. Lady Amanda turned around and gesture for them to follower her.

He let the three mean ladies to walk ahead of him. While his holding his temper at bay he can't explode now, it will ruin his plan, he has to endure he told himself.