CHAPTER XCII

Gerard and Nathan who were riding with their horses and walking beside the carriage heard all the things that the two brothers talk about and was having a good laugh outside because they know how the Consort recent the Prince, but it was stopped when Gerard spotted the group of soldiers in the entrance of the forest.

"What are they doing here?" Gerard said with his kneed brows and his voice sounded irritable.

Nathan heard it and stop laughing and look at his friend and ask "What wrong?"

"Look ahead of us, at the entrance someone is waiting for us," Gerard said and Nathan looks at the entrance and saw the group of soldiers waiting for them.

"I thought there will be waiting at the Woodsville entrance," he said curiously while looking at the entrance.

"That's also what I knew, I'll look first, you stay here with the Consort stay sharp," Gerard said and urge his horse to run forward and went to the front of the procession and signaled for them stop and he went right ahead and unsheathed his sword ask the people face the people in front of him, "Who are you? Who send you?"

When the soldier saw that it was Gerard who is at the front of the procession they all lowered their heads and among those soldier the one who's in front remove his helmet and bowed at Gerard, "General." he greeted and urge his horse to move and walk toward them. Faust looks back at his group and said "Wait here, don't do anything," then he continues to approach the General who was not moving in his place.

"Faust," Gerard said without any expression but his side he was curious why the second in command of the Prince is here.

When Faust was in front of Gerard he takes out a folded paper and handed it to Gerard. "It's a letter from the newly appointed Regent," he said while Gerard opens it.

Gerard brows furrow while reading the letter, "So your group will be the one to escort us to the palace," Gerard stated after reading the letter.

"Yes," he answered.

"I thought you will be waiting for us at the entrance of Woodsville, Why are you're troops waiting at the entrance of the Hyatt Forest?" he asked

"I thought it's much safer for you if we join the procession before you enter the forest we don't know what's inside there more people the better, that's why I decided to divide my troops into two the other half is waiting at the entrance of Woodsville,"

"I see... Alright then let your troop join the procession," Gerard said after hearing Faust's explanation. Then Faust orders his people to come forward and join.

Syl watches everything from the window and saw that the man whose talking to Gerard a while ago is now following him towards their place.

"Nathan who is that?" he can help but ask.

"That's Faust Mccabe, the Prince second in command his a member of the branch family of the black turtle clan, Probably they are the one that the Regent sent to escort us," Nathan said while looking at the people who were coming nearer at their place.

Syl stared at that person's face and he didn't feel good about him, "Let's go down and meet him" he said to Ren and open the door before Nathan can object he saw the two people went out of the carriage, he shook his head and decided to go down of his horse and followed the two.

Gerard and Faust stop at the front of the King's casket and they both went down from their horses. Faust walks towards the casket and kneeled in front of it and bowed his head. When he stood up he came nearer and touch the casket he was about to push the cover, Gerard saw this and out of reflex, he unsheathed his sword before he was able to speak but Faust action was halted when they heard someone speak.

"What are you doing? Who gave you the right to open it?" Syl shouted reprimanding Faust after he saw what the person was about to do.

Faust looks at the person who shouted just now and saw a slender guy wearing a coat and he saw his silver eyes glaring furiously at him.

"Faust explains your action just now," Nathan said' and hold Gerard's hand that's holding a sword. Nathan looks at Gerard and urges him to lower his weapon and let the person speak first.

Faust looks at the General who's holding a sword, and he unknowingly swallowed a mouthful of air, It's a good thing that the Royal healer is here and that person stop him or else he's already dead before seeing the inside of the casket. He took a deep breath and compose himself before talking again.

"I'm sorry for what I did just now, but I was merely following orders from the new Regent King and the council," he explains after a while.

Syl was so nervous when he saw this man was about to open the casket he didn't know if he was afraid that he will see what inside or seeing this person's head flying somewhere in this place.

"Nevertheless, though it was an order from the Regent, it's still disrespectful to open the casket in this place, we are outside, out of now where and you're opening the King's casket. Your humiliating the King, don't you know that? Don't you have the decency to ask the people around you" he said sounding angry.

Faust felt irritated at the person who just shouted at him and now reprimanding him, "Who gave this person the right to do this? Who does he think he is? He's just a consort out of nowhere who was he to humiliate him,"

"Consort this is not your concern. I'm here to fulfill the mission that the Regent gave to me, and I will execute it with or without your permission," Faust said and turn his back on Syl and hold the cover again and is about to open the casket but was stopped in the middle of doing it.

He didn't hear anyone stopping him in instead he felt a sharp blade touching his neck and heard the chilling voice of the person behind him.

"You really don't know how to respect, do you? Fine! I will tell you this one last time! take off your hand from the casket or I will take off your head right here right now," Syl said as he added force on his hand.