CHAPTER LVII

"How was it?" Archid asks when he saw Nathan came from the door of their meeting room that was given by the Earl of Seville where they will stay while they're still in the village of Tupah. They were able to reach the village in three days, they decided to travel by land because they brought supplies for the people in the village and unlike what the report said about the bandits that lurk outside the village they didn't even meet them once.

It was the Earl of Seville who received them in the village. He graciously accepted him and his men in his home and also promises them to aide him in everything that they need during their time here in the village. It was also the Earl who sent him a letter who asked for his assistance.

He didn't know the Earl personally but he heard good things about this man. He was also young just like him, they were in the same age if he is not mistaken. The Earl has a beautiful young wife but unlike the Earl who receives him with open arms the wife is not the same, he was sure that she's hostile towards him, but didn't mind it too much he had too many things to think about than to mind a tantrum of a young wife of the Earl.

"Nothing much change since we came here," he heard the tired voice of Nathan whose been working with the sick in this village. "This is not an illness but rather an effect of something that is poisonous that the people here accidentally took, I tried giving them some remedy but it won't last long the fever will return and they will throw up again. There is something here that poisoning these people but I don't know what it is. How can I treat them if I don't even have any idea what the cause of this?" Nathan said feeling irritated with his situation.

Archid who had his forehead lean in entwined hands just sigh on what he heard from his friend who is considered as a great healer in the royal palace, who is now having trouble curing the plague in this village. They need to solve this problem as soon as possible or all the people in this village will perish, but this is the first time that they encountered this kind of plague that was according to Nathan.

Nathan saw the look of the King, he knew that he is frustrated with the situation. The King has been busy since they came here in this village. The day after they came here, he visited the village to know the situation himself and he immediately asked him to help the people who are sick. He asked some of his men to distribute the supplies that they brought with them. He immediately plan to locate the hideout of the bandits that has been disturbing this village.

The problem with the bandits is being dealt by the King and the Prince and they are showing great progress with that matter. The King decided to leave it with his brother and Nathan knew that the Prince can deal with it on his own. The lack of supplies are also being solve by the King, the only problem that they can't solve is the plague and if they can't solve this one it will affect their problem with the supplies. He has  one person in his mind, that he knows that can help, he just didn't know how to tell this the King.

Archid saw the conflicted face of his friend and he knew that Nathan wanted to say something but didn't know how to start. "What it is?" he asked him relieving his friend of his predicament.

Nathan looks at the King after hearing what he said, he knew that the King saw right through him. He knew that his friend can read him so well especially if he wanted to tell them something but didn't know how to start and it was Archid who will always ask him. He took a deep breath before answering the King preparing himself for a long explanation that he has to do to persuade his King to agree with his idea.

"I think we have to bring him here," Nathan said while looking straight at his friend's eyes and in his surprise, the King averted his gaze from him, and from there he knew that the King is trying to prevent this conversation. "What do you mean?" he heard the King asked.

Nathan cross his arms in front of him, this is a privilege of a friend and at the same the healer of the King that he could act this way towards him. Archid saw this and he knew that his friend saw right through him but he didn't budge and still pretended that he doesn't have any idea what Nathan means.

Nathan knew that he won't win with his stubborn friend and lower his hand. "We should bring your consort here," he said and when he saw that the man before him will just try to act dumb again he continued, "We need to bring consort Langley here. I'm sure that he can help us. Frankly speaking my knowledge about these things are not as broad as the consort, this is his expertise and I know that you know this. Your Majesty, we need him here," he told him directly while stressing how the consort can help him. Nathan accepted and acknowledge that the consort is much better than him when it comes to medicine and he won't deny it even with himself.

"Do you think he will agree if I ask?" he heard the faint voice of the King asking him. He look at his friend who is massaging the bridge of his nose feeling frustrated with the situation. He knows that the King and his consort are like cats and dogs that will fight constantly if they have a chance and he understand the doubt in Archid mind towards Syl, but he knew the consort and he doubt that he will refuse something like this.

"Your Majesty, I'm sure the Consort of Jasmine will agree with this, I know you knew what he is doing outside the palace wall, I know you knew how the people outside love and adored your consort. We both knew that your consort may be stubborn but he has a heart and that heart is very kind and won't turn his back with people who need his help especially this people that he used to live with," Nathan answered him sincerely and he knew all the things that he said are true.

"Alright I'll think about it, I need to know that he will be safe while he stay here and help. If I'm sure that this place is safe for him to come then I'll call for him," he stated firmly not living any space for argument.

Nathan knew from there that it is the best answer that he could get from the King, besides the King is right, they need to make sure that this place is safe for Syl to stay here, he just came from a very traumatic experience that he just encounter not too long ago. "Very well I understand. I just wish for you to settle the things with the bandits so that we could bring him here as soon as possible," Nathan said while he got up from his sit. "I'm going now I'll just grab a quick meal and head out again," he said and bowed to the King and left.

Archid stared at the door while thinking about what Nathan suggested to him. What Nathan said is true, Syl will probably agree to go here if he will tell him the situation in this village and this place is where Syl lived before. He is just too worried about his safety especially that Amanda is still out there and there is also the threats of the bandits in this place. He needs to make sure that the bandits are gone before he brings the consort here and besides he feels that he needed him beside him right now a feeling that he never felt before. He thought while he leans his head on the backseat of his chair.