CHAPTER XCIV

The carriage suddenly stops and Syl thought was disturbed when he was almost thrown off his seat. "What the hell," he blattered out and saw Ren sitting on the carriage floor and was not lucky to prevent himself from falling and with a stupefied look on his face.

"Ren! Are you all right?" he hurriedly asked and help Ren to sit on his place again.

"What do you think happened outside, brother?" Ren asked Syl when he regains his composure.

"I don't know we just suddenly stop," Syl answered with a worried look on his face, he didn't like this at all.

"Then I will look outside," Ren said and he was about to open the door when Syl heard noises outside, like blades clashing together.

"Ren don't!" he whispered and holds Ren's hand to prevent him to open the door, and they suddenly heard a loud knock on the door.

"Assassins are attacking us don't come out until I said so," they heard Nathan's voice from the outside and after that, they were surrounded by war cries and people fighting outside.

Ren who was about to open the door, sat on his chair with his trembling knees after hearing Nathan's words, he looks at Syl nervously, "Brother what are we going to do?"

Syl went near to the nervous Ren and sit beside him and wrap his arms around him. "Ren calm down I'm here nothing bad will happened to us, trust them," he said trying to soothe his brother down.

He felt Ren took a deep breath and he let him go, and when he looks into his eyes it became clear again and the nervousness earlier was already gone. "Good," he said when he saw that he was normal again.

"Brother do you have any idea who sent these people? Do you think it was the Regent?" Ren asks when he saw that his brother became quite again, guarding there door.

"I don't I have any idea who they are, this is not included in their plan, I really don't know what to think right now, I just hope that this will be over now," he said still on alert on what happens outside.

"Fire!!! The King's coffin is on fire" Syl heard someone shouted outside. His eyes went wide and he felt his heart was about to jump out from his chest.

Syl immediately stood up from his seat, when he remembers what's inside that casket with the fake King's body and their safety the steel cart is just a few meters away from them if the assassins were able to do that to the casket it's not possible that they can do that to their carriage.

"We have to go out of here, this is not safe anymore," he said and he hurriedly grabs the door handle, "don't go far away from me, stay behind me alright," he said before he opens the door.

The surrounding is covered with black smoke and he can hardly see anything, he reaches to Ren's hand, "No matter what don't ever let go of my hand we need to go to the casket, we need to take out that fire. I need to take something in there," he said trying not to hide his agitation from Ren, He held his hand tightly and started walking towards the casket.

While they were walking towards the casket all they can see are people fighting, and some bodies on the ground but because of the dark smoke that surrounds them it's hard to get to the casket immediately, they can't even see Nathan or Gerard they don't even know what the assassins look likes, and that makes Syl more nervous.

Syl looks around and notices a cloud of black smoke coming out not far away from them and knew that is the casket. So he hurriedly runs and pulled Ren with him. He needs to go to that place immediately. He needs to take out that crest from the body.

"Syl. I want you to do something for me," Archid told him the night before Archid leaves Tupah village. They were in the King's room and Syl was checking his wounds making sure that it's all healed up and that he can ride his horse and can go out and start his journey.

Syl looks at the King who's back facing him. He didn't answer immediately and stood from his place and walk in front of the King and look at him in the eye, "What do you want me to do?" he asked curiously what the King wants him to do.

Archid didn't answer immediately but he took something out from his inner clothes and held it in his hand and show it to Syl.

Syl looks at his hand and saw the silver plate engrave with a falcon with its wings spread out. Syl can't stop himself and took the crest from Archid, he stared at it for a long time, he felt that this thing is familiar to him, it's like this is not the first time that he saw this crest in his hand.

"That is the West royal family Crest," he heard Archid said and he looks at him and he didn't say anything.

When Archid saw that his ready to listen he continued, "This crest is left with me by my father it was originally owned by the Royal family of the West it is a proof that the head of the west entrusted us their clan and their power as long as we have this I as the King has their power. But now I want you to put that on my fake body, this will be a proof that it is me, and I'm sure that the Regent will be delighted to see it," he said with a sneer on his face.

"You were just handing them this just like that? It is the crest that the head gave to you to protect, if that Regent got this he will have his own power to the Royal family even when you come back you cannot get rid of him," Syl said feeling anxious and irritated at the same time, he didn't know why he suddenly feel this way knowing that the crest will be given just like that, though he knew that they need to make them believe that the body was indeed Archid though they cannot recognize the face because they make them believe that the poison somehow affected Archid face and body. "

We have to make sacrifices but this sacrifice will not be in vain." Archid said and he touches Syl cheek and look at him intently and continue "this is not just the head handed me to protect that is more important that this crest,"

Syl look at the man who is intimately touching his cheek and saw something in his eyes but he didn't know what is it, after realizing this he took a step back and said "fine I'll do what you want me to do but promise me that if than man get this you will take it back, agreed," he said and held his hand for a handshake.

Archid look at Syl and smile and with a nod, he held his hand and shake it, "Agreed,"