CHAPTER LXVIX

Archid felt that the carriage stops, he didn't move and just listened on his surroundings, after minutes pass he heard the door of the carriage open. He heard footsteps getting out of the carriage. He quietly slid outside of his hiding place and watches as the men walk inside the woods while the other man drags Syl by his arm. He could still hear him crying.

When he was sure that he is out of hearing distance, he quietly followed them and he did not forget to leave marks that his father alone will understand. The sky is still dark and it easier for him to follow them without being noticed. He just followed them quietly as he can so he wouldn't draw their attention.

The two men with Syl walk inside the woods for a long time until they reached a house in the middle of the woods. "Ahh thank the heavens we're here, I'm so tired," says the man who is dragging Syl and entered the house.

Archid watches them as they entered the house and he hid in one of the trees that is quite near the house where he can still hear them talking.

"Tie that boy with this, make sure that he can't escape," the older man ordered the other while he throws the rope to his brother.

"Why are we going to tie him up if we are going to kill him anyway?" the younger man asks.

"We can't just kill him right now, the boss said that he has to see him first to make sure that we got the right child and then kill him," the older man answered his brother.

"Ahh... you're still lucky you are going to see the sunrise after all little bunny, but still it's a pity that you have to die so young, wonder what you did for the boss to kill you," the man said mockingly "stop crying now little bunny later you won't feel anything you will go to heaven," and the man laughed like a devil.

Archid heard it all and he felt all the hair on his body raised on what the man said, he can't imagine how scared Syl right now, and the man was right why that boss what Syl dead what does the Royal Healer do for someone to kill his child. After this, he wants answers from the older people. He won't be put in the dark with this matter after all his the Crown Prince of this land. He saw the older man went inside the room living the younger one with Syl he knew that these people are planning to get an eye shut for a while.

Archid waited for hours until he was sure that the younger man is already sleeping and he quietly walks towards the window and peeks inside the house. He saw Syl at the corner lying on his side with a tear-stained face, while the man is lying on the wooden bed dead to the world. He looks at the other door where he saw the older man went in earlier and it's tied shut.

He climbed the window by lifting himself up and balance himself at the railings before landing inside without a noise. He walks slowly towards Syl and slowly takes out his dagger, he tightens his hold to his weapon when he saw the man move and changes his position and he can help but to stop and hold his breath for a while when he was sure that the man didn't wake up he walks toward Syl again.

He crouches down and slightly move Syl to wake him up. Syl immediately woke up, his eyes went wide when he saw Archid in front of him. He was about to say something but Archid cover his mouth and gestures him to be quiet, and Syl nodded his head at him. Archid takes his hand off from the boy and immediately cut the ropes that bind his hands and feet. He slowly got up and he supported Syl while standing up and they both slowly walk towards the door.

Archid slowly unlatched the door so he won't make a sound they won't wake the man up, when he successfully took off the latched he let go the breath that he was holding, he carefully opened the door he let Syl go first while he watches the man sleeping when Syl was already outside he carefully went out and he immediately grabs Syl wrist and run.

They were already climbing up away from the house when they both heard the voice of the older man shouted. They both knew that those men already knew that Syl had escaped and they quickly run but instead to go back to the carriage Archid changes his destination and runs deeper into the woods without looking back.

"Come, little falcon run faster," he urges the boy behind him who was going slower every minute. Archid doesn't want to show that his getting nervous to the younger boy so that Syl won't be afraid but he is worried that those people will catch them soon.

"Little Falcon!" he exclaimed worriedly when he felt that the hand that he was holding slip from his hand and he saw him stumble on the ground crying, he crouches down and saw the terrified look on his face and with tears on his face. He wipes his tears from his soft cheeks and said, "Come on little Falcon don't cry,"

"I can't run anymore my feet and legs are tired and they hurt," he heard him say between his hiccups. He patted the younger boy's head and smile at him to calm him down. "Alright don't cry, come on you can ride on my back I will carry you," he said while he turns his back to the boy so he can climb on him.

He felt the boy slowly went to his back and carefully put his arms around his neck and he lifted him up before he could start moving again he heard Syl spoke near his ear with his soft voice, "Thank you Big Brother, for saving me," and he tightens his hold.

"No need to thank me you're my bride remember," he said while he started to walk briskly.

The sun was already up and Archid is already losing his energy, his legs are getting tired even his arms, his phase is getting slower in this state his afraid that their pursuer will catch them any time soon. Archid is in deep thought when he felt small hands touching his cheek.

"Big Brother you can put me down now," the boy in his back told him.

"Are your feet doesn't hurt anymore?" he asked him still worried at the younger boy's condition.

"Yes, they don't hurt anymore, I think I can walk by myself now," Syl answered him.

"Alright then," he lowered himself and let the boy go down from his back, he checks the boy's condition and hold his hand and started walking again.

He didn't know how long they've been walking inside the woods, he's feeling thirsty and hungry too. He wanted to sit and take a rest but he can do it in an open area their pursuer might spot them.

"Big Brother look," he heard Syl exclaimed to him with an excited look. He followed the boy's hand and saw a tree full of dark red little fruit. He didn't know what it's called he's about to ignore the unknown tree when the boy beside him let go of his hand and run towards the tree he looks at the excited boy and decided to follow him.

"Do you know this?" he asked while looking up in those dark red little fruit that he could easily reach just by lifting up his arm.

The boy nod enthusiastically at him with beaming smile, "that is a salamander tree, I've eaten this before when father brought back a bunch of it from the woods, he uses this as one of the ingredients for medicine, we can eat this big brother," he explained to him while looking up the tree.

"If you said so then it is safe," he said to the boy and didn't waste any time, he reaches the fruits that are dangling above his head and pluck it from the stem. He looks closely at it, it looks like a grape but smaller and it's dark red. He plucks on one and put in his mouth when he bites it a sweet and sour taste assaulted his taste buds and he smiles at the boy and he handed him the fruits, then continues plucking some more.