CHAPTER 4: Future Meets Past

BANG! Syl jolted and awaken by the loud slamming of the door. "What the hell is that?!" Syl is irritated because he is not an early person and he's also woken up in a rude way. His head is pounding because he doesn't have enough sleep and his back is also kinda hurt. He's massaging his forehead when he heard someone speak.

"I wish to turn back time, I wish I was able to protect myself and the people who are important to me. I just want to have a peaceful and happy life with the one I love. I wish someone please help me," the strange voice said. The person is obviously crying and he sounded weak. Syl suddenly stops massaging his forehead and open his eyes and look around the room.

This is not his room and his not on his bed instead he's sitting on the floor. He didn't notice this earlier because of his sudden awakening and he was bewildered by this strange situation.

"Where the hell am I? How did get here? The last time I remember I was in my bed sleeping!" he muttered to himself confuse. Tak... he awakens from his musing when he heard that sound and he notices a small bottle rolling on the floor towards him and the crying of a person also stops.

He picks up the bottle and smells it. His face turns in disgust he knows this smell. "Shit this is poison!"

He surveyed his surroundings and found the bed with a person lying on it. "Is someone being poisoned?" Then this is certainly the place he shouldn't be in. He immediately stood up and walk towards the door but before he opens it he looks at the bed and to the person lying on it.

Debating with himself if he should leave without looking at the person or look at the person before living. Decided to do the former he grab the handle of the door but before he could open it he heard a slight gasp.

His eyes went big he has an idea of what happened, he let go of the handle cursing and went beside the bed to confirm the intuition. When he laid his eyes to this person he is stunned to see his own face.

He looked exactly like him except for the hair, this person has long hair and he is pale. His eyes were closed so he doesn't know what color it is. He decided to check for the pulse to know if he's dead. He was about to reach for the person's neck.

"What a pitiful way to die," he was shocked to hear a voice because he was sure that besides for this person on the bed he was alone in this room.

He looked back and when he saw the person behind him his eyes become wide because of shock and he wasn't able to speak and almost choke by his own saliva. His legs become weak and he felt himself sitting on the bed while still, wide eye staring at the person in front of him.

"Yo...you..." he said while stuttering and looked at the person again in the bed. "You look just like this person and exactly like me," he said when he finally regains himself and slowly look at the other person standing.

"Of course I was him when I was still alive," he suddenly looked at the person standing. "You are him? So it means that you're his soul? You are already dead?" he asked nervously.

"You could say that," the soul answered him while staring at him and he stared back. And suddenly something hit him he remembered the diary, the earring, and his wish. Is it possible that this soul in front of me is the one who owned the earring and the diary? he thought.

There is only one way to find out and that is to ask. "Is your name Syl Langley?"

The soul smiles at him and nodded. Am I like you a soul? He quietly asked afraid to hear his answer. "Yes," Syl felt dejected when he heard his answer. "So I'm like you I'm also dead," he asked again. "No," the soul answered while staring at him looking confused. "What do you mean?"

"What I mean is, yes you are also a soul but I can feel that you are not dead and that we are not the same and that you are not supposed to be here. Did you get that?" the soul answered him.

"Then why am I here if I'm not supposed to be here?" he asked while looking at the body beside him. He stared at the body until he noticed that the right hand is holding on to something he stared at it and he instantly know that this is the dangle earring that he bought from the shop.

His eyes roam around and saw a table and from where he seated he saw the diary. Then he suddenly remembered his wishes after reading the diary. "Is this connected to my wishes?" He asked himself.

He looked at the soul who is silently standing in front of him looking at his previous body. Then he remembered the voice that he heard when he woke up earlier. "Say before you died to you have any dying wish?"