CHAPTER 31: Confrontation

Nathan is sitting opposite Syl inside the carriage. He was surprised at how calm this person is. He can't feel any sign of nervousness in this person though he was summoned by the King without knowing the reason why.

Nathan felt that something wasn't right. He knew something might happen in this meeting and to be honest, he didn't want to see this consort be punished or hurt instead, this person should be rewarded on what he has done for the poor child but sadly others doesn't see it that way.

Syl is staring outside the window thinking about the man who fetches him earlier. Gerard Sidney. He read the name of this man from the previous diary.

Gerard Sidney. The great general that leads the war soldiers of the kingdom of Wessmor. He's one of the trusted friends of the King. He was known for being good at the battlefield. Women and men in the land wanted to be his partner but this man was quite hard to catch.

He was a good man he used to help me before whenever he sees me struggling with things he didn't hesitate to lend a hand.

Everything changes when this man falls to the hands of Lady Amanda. He changed his behavior toward me. He didn't even spare me a glance whenever we happened to meet in some places. He also stopped helping me and sometimes he becomes one of the reasons for my hardship inside the palace.

He is one of the people who condemn me in a crime that I never did. This man wants me dead because I knew his relationship with Lady Amanda. I happened to stumble upon them in the woods doing explicit things with each other. I knew his betrayal to his King that is why he was afraid of my existence. When he saw the opportunity to get rid of me, he immediately jumps on it. To save his own skin and his lady love.

"Love can really change someone from bad to good or from better to worse. It was just a pity that he became the latter," Syl murmured to himself. He is too deep in his thoughts that he didn't realize that they were already in the palace.

"Consort of Jasmine we're already here," Syl heard someone called him.

He's surprised that the carriage is not moving anymore and Nathan was already outside together with the cheating general. Syl is not a fan of this guy from now on he decided not to trust this person. Though he was not sure if the relationship between him and the Lady two face already started. He needs to be cautious around this man.

"Consort Jas.. I know I heard you I'm not deaf," Syl interjected at the general sounding irritable. Syl didn't bother to hide his displeasure to this man. He was not the type of person to pretend to like someone though he hates them. Syl went down the carriage ignoring the frown on the general's face.

"Lead the way," he said and gesture to the frowning General.

"Very well," Gerard answered the consort and walk past him. Syl just sneers and followed the frowning General.

Nathan is confused about what happened just now. The consort bluntly shows his displeasure towards his friend. His treatment with him was different from his friend. Nathan decided to ask Gerard.

When he saw Gerard walk pass the consort he walks along with him leaving the consort who is quite far from them.

"What happened there? It looks like he hates you," he asked Gerard when he was sure they were out of hearing distance from Syl.

"I don't even know myself. This is the first time that I met him I've never talked to him before," his friend answers him confusedly. Nathan knew that there is no way that his friend had met the consort before and though his friend looks scary it is not in his character to insult or to disrespect anyone and everyone knows it. Then why does the consort acted like that towards his friend?