CHAPTER XCVIII

Ren slept well that night, he didn't even felt the cold air of the night while he slept, instead, he felt warm while sleeping and until now he doesn't want to open his eyes and snuggle deeper from the warm but hard chest of the person beside him.

Ren immediately opens his eyes when he realized where he is last night and he was greeted by the hard chest of the Prince, and that made him stop breathing and just look up at the handsome face of the Prince.

"What happened last night?" he whispered to himself. "I remembered that I was talking to the Prince after eating we had a long chat and sometimes laugh with his stories but I don't remember myself falling asleep. This is so embarrassing falling asleep in front of the Prince" he thought to himself.

Ren was woken from his musing when he felt that the person's arms tighten around him. His eyes went big as a saucer and tried to still his rioting heart and hold his breath so that he won't wake the Prince up because he didn't know how to face this kind of situation.

He stilled for quite some time and tried testing the breathing of the prince. When he was sure that he was breathing steadily he decided to lift the person arm from his waist. He did it very slowly and gently, afraid that he will wake the Prince up.

Ren released a sigh of relief when he successfully took the prince's arms from him and put it on his side but he suddenly stiffens when the person moved and turnaround from him and didn't wake up from the movement he did earlier.

His heart was beating fast when he saw the prince moved he was so nervous and all he could do is stares and wait for the person to open his eyes but when he saw that the sleeping person just turn his back from him he sighed for the second time. He looks at the person's back and he immediately stood up and run to the river to wash his face.

Nick who was lying on his side with his eyes closed. He smiled he turn and lay flat on the ground staring at the sky. He was holding his laughter ever since Ren woke up from his sleep. He was already awake and just decided to lay beside Ren and watch him sleep a little longer. He was enticed by his innocent face when he was sleeping. He looks so at peace though he was sleeping inside the forest not knowing what will happen when he opened his eyes. 

Nick is just happy staring at the peaceful face of Ren because these past days this face has always had a trace of worries and uncertainty. Though he would hide it with his smiling face he sometimes caught him in deep thought or whether his brother is not beside him he always worries by himself. He sometimes wants to comfort him but he knew that Ren will just evade him and tell him that his fine.

He knew Ren didn't trust him and that makes him frustrated even more. But he knew that it was not him that Ren didn't trust, actually it's not just him, He noticed that Ren doesn't trust anyone except for Syl who always looks after him. Ren will always have that unguarded look when he's with his brother and a genuine smile that Syl can only have but with him and the others, it was the courteous smile that he will give others.

He also wants that unrestrained smile of his. He wants to be the reason for his beautiful smiles, he wants to hear him laugh for him. He wants that person to see him as an equal, not someone higher than him. He wants him to confine with him and share his burden with him. He wants that person to want him as he does. Nick released a long sigh after thinking this and decided to get up and look for some food again before they begin their journey.

He walks toward Ren who was washing his face at the river. "You're already awake, why didn't you wake me up?" he asked looking at the person who just turns his head towards him and saw the flush face of Ren and that makes him a bit happy knowing that he affects this person in this way.