CHAPTER LXXXIII

"Your Grace the presence of the Crown Prince and the 2nd prince is needed for the appointment of the Regent King tomorrow." The head council stated while looking at the Queen Dowager.

Today Sigmund asked the council to hold a meeting for the preparation of his appointment for tomorrow. Everything that's needed is already prepared these past three days and there is one thing that he needs to do before the appointment begins. That is to have a good relationship with the Crown Prince. He knows that he needs to get his trust and acceptance for him to continue his plans. Coaxing two children won't be that hard.

That's why earlier today he decided to pay the Crown Prince and the little prince a visit but was surprised to know that the Princes no longer live at the prince residence but instead lives with the consort of Jasmine.

He heard so many things about this consort from his sister. He knew that this person is the reason for his sister's downfall. He was the unfavored consort of the King but suddenly rises from being unfavored for being the favored consort of the King and became the Princes guardians.

He actually investigated this person and even think that this person is his cousin because of his name Syl Langley, but all his doubt where erase after seeing the report submitted to him by his people telling that this person came from the North, came from a poor family of healers and an orphan and was called by the previous King and was made as a male consort of his son a promise made by the King to his father for saving his life when they were young. There are no traces that this person is related to them by blood that's why all his doubts at that time were erased from his mind.

After knowing that this person suddenly became favored by Archid. He actually wanted to meet him and to see from himself want kind of person this Syl is to get the attention of that tyrant King. He plans to get this person favor to be able to get the trust of the Princes.

But to his surprise and anger, that person is not in his residences and no one even knew where he is. He was frustrated and angry when he went back to the main palace and asked the people where the consort is and the princes but none of them knew where they are. His appointment is tomorrow but he doesn't meet his wards this makes him angry with no end. The only person that may know their whereabouts is the Queen Dowager but he doubts that the old woman will be willing to talk to him, that's when he decided to go to the head council and demanded the Queen Dowager to hand the princes to him. 

Eleanor sat on her usual place with relax look on her face. She already knew why these people suddenly ask for a meeting even though they are busy with the preparation for tomorrow.

"I see," she said while she smiles at them and waited for them to say more.

Sigmund who at first looks at ease while sitting on his chair started to fill irritated with the woman in front of him, he's been holding himself back since earlier. He's trying to keep his dissatisfaction and anger with his smiles and courteous act.

He took a deep breath and straighten his sitting posture and smile to the Queen Dowager. "Today I decided to visit the Princes is to get to know them better especially the Crown Prince because starting tomorrow it will be my duty to supervise his progress, and to my surprise, I learned that they don't stay there anymore and that they are leaving with the Consort of Jasmine,"

"Well that's true and everyone inside the palace knew about that, it's not that a big issue," she answered nonchalantly.

"I heard that too," Sigmund answered back. "and I heard that the Consort of Jasmine is very close to King Archid, I've been hearing lots of stories about the consort outside the palace and I've been wanting to meet him. So after I heard that the Princes are at his care I decided to go to his place to greet and meet the Consort and the Princes," Sigmund is watching the Queen Dowagers expression while saying those words, but he got nothing, the old woman stayed undisturb and looks at him with a smile on her face.

"Your Grace do you know what I discovered?" he asked but he didn't receive any reply from the other person and she just stared at him. As if she knows that he will ask this question. "There's no one in the Jasmine Villa, even a single servant is not present at that the place. No one knew where he is, the same as the Princes." he said sounding doubtful.

The Queen Dowager just lean on her chair with an amused look on her face but still didn't say anything and just look straight to Sigmund urging him to continue.

Sigmund saw this look and he started to feel impatient with the woman.

He can help but narrowed his eyes, "I think the Consort took the Princes and trying to make a rebellion against the royal family, for all we knew maybe he was eyeing this position because as all of us know that the King gave him the authority to oversee the Princes. Probably he doesn't want the power to be taken from his hands, and want to expand that power especially now that the King is gone, What do you think Your Grace?" Sigmund said inciting doubts to the people around them and the people around gave her questioning look and waiting for her to say something.

"Ahh this child is exactly like his father, he likes putting doubts on other people's minds," she thought to herself. "You look exactly like your father, I don't have any doubts that you are Jasper's son," she said with a smile on her face.

Sigmund was startled by the Queen Dowager's words and even the people around them. He composes himself he knew that the person in front of him is trying to test him. "Why thank you, Your Grace, Are you somehow doubting my birth?" he said and sneered at her.

"Oh, of course not my dear I'm just simply stating a fact, I was just reminded of your father on the way you speak on how you influence the people around you, are exactly like that person that is why I was able to say that," She said with a sweet smile on her face.

Sigmund face change from a courteous to a scowl and his eyes look menacingly at the Queen Dowager, "Your Grace, I think me acting the same as my father has nothing to do with my question to you, I will ask it again, Do you know anything about the disappearance of the consort and the Princes?"

"Why it suddenly sounds like an interrogation? I thought we are here for a meeting?" Eleanor asked with a raised brow.

Sigmund suddenly slammed his hand on the table and lost all his self-restraint, "Just answer the question!" he shouted.

Everyone was taken aback, "How dare you to disrespect her Grace!" it was Bhaer who is the first one to get out of the shock from the Duke's outburst.

"I don't ask for your opinion servant," Sigmund said with ridicule.

Bhaer didn't answer and just stared at the person in front of him with clench hand. Eleanor took a deep breath and stood up he walks beside Bhaer and taps his shoulder. "Relax," she murmured to him.

"The consort has nothing to do with it, It was I who took them out of the palace," she said while she stared at the King Regent in front of her and the council member around her.