CHAPTER 39: Behind Closed Door

Cain can't explain how happy he is right now. This is the first time that he's able to go out from the Princes residence. He had never done the things that he did today at the Jasmine Villa. It's their first time to play with children the same age as them. He loved the feel of the fresh soil in his hand. He likes how the people in Jasmine Villa treated him as a regular boy. The boy named Fredrick even scolded him for doing something wrong with the plans. He really enjoys being with them. He was surprised when his Father the King joined them with their snacks and their little game with Consort Syl. This is the happiest day of his life.

The first time that his father told him that Lady Amanda will not be their guardian anymore. He was so happy because that woman never really look after him and his little cousin. She always left them with their rude governess all the time. But his happiness was didn't last long when his father announces that there will be a new guardian to look after them. Then he knew that the same thing will just repeat itself. This new guardian will pretend that she likes them. But after that, she will also leave them with their governess.

"Why can't father just leave us with his grandma's care? Why give the job to those greedy Consort?" Cain thought to himself.

He was astounded when his father introduces Consort Syl Langley of the Jasmine Villa, the only male consort of his father. He will be their new guardian. He heard various things about this unfavored consort of his father.

They said that he's useless and an idiot that is easy to manipulate. That's what they heard from their previous guardian. Then they heard that his father hate this consort and that they will always fight with each other and this consort will always be against the King.

Others say that the consort is a good person and intelligent. But what confuses him the most is if the King really hates this person. Why would he leave them with the consort? Thus his father really hates him that much. He even chooses to leave him to his enemy?

At first, he was skeptical towards this consort's real intentions with them. But days went by he didn't do anything against them. He even played along with Prince Shane's pranks, and he never gets angry with the little prince, and what he likes the most is that he never leaves them alone with their governess. Instead, he will tell her to withdraw, and he will take care of them. And because of that, he felt at ease with the consort.

Today the consort did something for them that no one dared to do. Syl stands up against the governess. At first, he thought that the consort will just hand them to her, but he didn't. He even grabs her wrist to stop her from reaching him. He defies their arrogant governess by disobeying her, and he reminds her of her place. He was surprised that the consort protected them, and he made them happy today.

It was already night when they were brought back to the Prince's residence. The two princes instantly paled when they saw the scowling face of their governess. She looks at them intently and when they met her at the door. The governess grabs one of their ears they were brought inside the palace while she drags them by their ears. The little prince immediately cries because of the pain, but the crown prince tries not to cry. He needs to endure everything and not show weakness.

The two servants who saw this and felt terrible, but that they can't do anything for the princes they wanted to tell the King, but they were afraid that the King will not believe them, and worst take the side of Ms. Whitter. Heaven knows they tried to help those poor children by telling it to their guardian, but instead of helping the princes, she threatened them that they will lose their job if they tried to tell it to anyone.

So they decided to keep it to themselves and tried their best to watch and comfort the children if they need it. But now Lily and Hans are wondering if the Consort of Jasmine could help them, but they didn't want to risk it now without any sign that the consort will listen to them.

It's been a day since he saw the two princes, and now he's in their residence with Ren and his little brothers. Syl, ask the King if he could bring them with him every time he goes to the princes, and surprisingly, the King agreed with a promise that they will study together, and he also agrees with that. He goes inside the mansion, and he saw the two princes waiting for him by the stairs, and when they saw him, they immediately run towards him.

"What is this noise about?" They heard a stern voice of a woman, and when they look up, they saw Ms. Whitter standing on one of the stairs looking arrogant as ever. The two boys stiffen, and their hold on him tighten. He felt weird about their reaction. This didn't sit well with him.

Is that how a true prince behaves. She asks while looking at the two princes. The two boys beside him immediately let go of him. And straighten their backs and slowly went towards her. "Good." He heard her say. Syl doesn't really care about the governess's presence. What bothered him the most is how the children acted just now. They were like robots. Something happened, and he needs to get to the bottom of this.

"Who are these children with you? You are not allowed to bring strangers into this palace," she questions him, sounding angry. Syl snaps out his thoughts when he heard her angry voice.

"They are my brothers, and starting for today, these little boys will be studying with the princes, and this is Ren, my brother. He will be coming with them every day, especially when I'm not around," he told her, and he saw her frown.

"How dare you decide on that and mix these children with the princes," she said with an angry voice. Syl raised his brow. "I was not the one who decided that it was the King. If you have a problem about that, then go to him and ask him yourselves," he answered back, trying to hold his temper.

"Oh, by the way, before I forgot. I'm sorry for hurting you the other day," he apologized. The governess's face turned from angry to haughty one that she always uses with him. "At least now you know where your place is in this palace. Is that all you're sorry for?" she said arrogantly.

"Of course, I know where my place is. But the question is, does the governess knows hers?" Ms. Whitter was taken aback by his words, and he didn't give her a chance to refute. "As I said before, you are their governess, and I'm a consort, the guardian to the princes, so you better back off!" He grabs the hand of the two princes, and he led them upstairs, followed by his brothers.

They left the shock-looking governess by the stair. She didn't know how to react to how the consort humiliated her in front of everyone. She was fuming, and someone will pay for this before this day ends. The two servants who are watching the scene earlier nodded with each other. They have the same thought, Consort of Jasmine could probably help them.