CHAPTER LXXVII

"So that's the reason why you're here and sulking by yourself," Belinda says with teasing voice and laugh at her friend.

Syl look at his friend questioningly, "I don't understand what you mean,"

Belinda laughs harder when she heard what he said, "Syl stop acting dumb, You're not good at it, I know very well that you know what I mean,"

Syl just rolls his eyes at her and just shake his head and stared at the distance not answering his friend.

Belinda watches her friend every action and decided not to let go of the topic. "Fine if you don't answer me I will answer for you, you like him, don't you? The King?"

"I don't!!" Syl answered incredulously with knitted brows and Belinda just sneered at him and shakes her head.

"Don't be so defensive," she said with a laugh.

"I am not!" Syl answered back, who is now starting to get irritated with the woman beside him.

"You know you can lie to everyone, even to yourself, but not to me, I know you very well, those knitted brows of yours means you're lying, We grow up together, we are practically siblings, I know all your whims and gestures, you cannot hide it for me," she said with slight seriousness on her voice but when she didn't get any reactions she continued.

"Even if you don't say it, I saw it all, I saw how you care for him, the moment that you came here, though you don't show it your eyes tells everything, Now look into my eyes and tell me I'm wrong,"

Syl knew what Belinda had said in the end was true, he can still remember the first day that he came here, he was greeted by the unconscious and dying King, though he looks calm in the outside but inside his worried wreck. He cannot forget the moment he opens his eyes and meet the deep blue eyes of the King that full of emotion that he doesn't understand but rattled him that day.

After taking care of the King's wound, he stayed in coma for days. Every morning he would visit the King's room and look after him for a while before he leaves and goes outside to tend the sick people in the village. He would return at night, he will clean up first then he will go to the King's room again to check him up, sometimes he will falls asleep at the King's room because of exhaustion.

The day that Archid woke up he was sleeping at his bedside, he felt that someone had touched his ear where he put his earring, he was awakened in his sleep he held the hand that touched his ear and open his eyes and his eyes become wide as a saucer.

"Hi" he heard Archid said with a hoarse voice. Syl immediately got up from his place and sat on the bed without letting go of his hand. "You're awake," he said with relief "Uhm..." Archid said and smiled weakly at him. He's so focus with the man who just woke up that he didn't felt that someone came at the door and he was startled when someone suddenly shouted. "THE KING IS AWAKE,"

Syl was awakened from his shock and immediately check for the King's pulse that's when the time that everyone walks inside the King's room but he didn't even pay them a glance he was to focus on the King's condition. He put his forehead at the King's forehead to check his temperature that he got from his father, in his time when he was child his father will always do this to him whenever he has a fever he said that this is the fast way to determine if the person has a fever if you don't have a thermometer.

"You miss me that much that you want to kiss me?" Archid said with a smile on his face. Syl pulls himself away from the King and raises his brow.