CHAPTER 32: Confrontation

Lady Amanda is in a good mood because she was summoned by the King days after the incident with the Consort of Jasmine. Walking proudly in the hall on her way to the King's office where he does most of his work.

The guard already saw her coming and alerted Mr. Bhaer. When she reached the door she saw the chief aide waiting outside the door. He bowed at her and then announce her presences to the King. The King granted his permission to let her in.

Lady Amanda decided to act sullen because the King hasn't visited her after the incident. She wants him to feel bad because of his treatment with her these past few weeks. She entered the room prepared to do her acting but when he saw the King's face she's frightened of him.

The atmosphere in the whole room is frightening even the King's aura is the same. His face is so grim, his eyes so sharp it feels like he can see past through her soul. She's so afraid that she shivered. The King never approaches her in this way. She wanted to excuse herself but she knows that it was impossible especially in this case.

"Your Majesty," she bowed and greeted the King pretending that she's not flustered on this situation. The King didn't greet her back instead, he stood up from his chair and showed her papers that she didn't quite understand,

"Do you know what this is?" the King asked the consort not sounding pleased with her.

Amanda took the paper from the King and read it. In her horror, it was the financial report of the Consort of Jasmine. Amanda returns the paper to the King with trembling hands.

"Why are you showing this to me, Your Majesty?" she asks sounding confuse. She decided to play innocent on this matter acting that she didn't understand his meaning.

Archid raises his brow to his consort. She dares lie to me even though she knows that I see pass through her. Archid already knew what she had done with Consort of Jasmine monthly allowance behind his back and he didn't like it very much.

After the incident with Syl, he can't forget what he said about the ten thousand piles that he received from the King. The following day he asked Bhaer to go to the ministry of finance and to get Syl's financial record. He was stunned to see that the Consort of Jasmine is just receiving ten thousand piles a month this amount is lower than the servant wage in the palace. He was enraged and he called the minister of finance.

The minister of finance is trembling in front of the King he didn't know what he's done to offend the King. He was so scared when he saw the furious face of the King.

"Explain to me what this is?" the King said angrily

The minister flitch and took the paper from the table. He read the contents in it, he felt confused. He thought the King already knew about this, that's what the Consort of Lotus told him.

"Uhm... this is the Consort of Jasmine financial report Your Majesty. The consort will receive ten thousand piles for per month as his allowance. Your Majesty, I don't find any fault on this I just followed what the His Majesty ordered," the Minister explained while sweat running down his forehead.

"You said I ordered it?" the King snarls at him.

The minister trembled in fear. "Yes, Your Majesty it was the Consort of Lotus who handed and showed me a letter sign by his majesty,"

"She showed you a letter with my sign?" he asked confused on what the minister had said. "Bring me that letter now," the King ordered him.

The minister hurriedly went out of the room and went back not so long after he left, He's sweating all over but didn't care he doesn't want to receive the King's wrath.

Archid looks at the letter that the minister told him about, but it was not his handwriting but what left him dumbfounded is it was really signed by him. He doesn't remember reading this kind of letter before or signing something like this.

"She dared to interfere with this matter!" he fumed. He looks at the minister. "You can go now and don't tell anyone what happened here you understand," he says to the minister. "Go!" the minister hurriedly went out thankful that his ordeal is already finished.

"Amanda, I remember that I ordered you to handle the Consort of Jasmine, to oversee his activities, to guide him inside the palace? Am I right? he asked her with a serious look on his face.

"Ye... yes, Your Majesty," she answered him stuttering and clenching her hand in front of her chest afraid with the King's angry voice.

"Then explain to me this letter, I don't remember reading and signing this kind of letter regarding the Consort of Jasmine,"

Amanda paled when she saw the letter on the King's hand. It was the letter that she wrote ordering the ministry of finance to give the Consort of jasmine ten thousand piles a month. She made the King sign it, by lying to him that it was just a consent to leave the palace gates. She knows that the King trusted her enough, that he won't read this type of letters. She thought that this matter won't be discovered by the King, she thought that the King hated Syl that he won't pay him much attention with him, but she was wrong and now she's in big trouble and she knows it.

Amanda can't speak anymore she can't even deny it now. She's so afraid that her knees gave out and she slumps on the floor. The King didn't even move to catch her. All she can do is kneel in front of the King and ask for forgiveness. She was sobbing so hard that she can speak anymore.

The King was fuming. He crouches down and grabs Amanda's chin. He tightens his hold so that she is forced to look at him. He's so furious with her.

"How dare you fooled me!! You dare to play your tricks on me. You treacherous woman!!" he snarled at her. "Do you know what kind of punishment will you get with treachery?" he asked taunting her.

Amanda was sobbing so hard that she can't even utter any word, she just shakes her head.

"It's death!" the King answered her menacingly. Still gripping her chin so hard that he knew that will bruise but he didn't care. He's too angry to care.

Amanda took a deep breath and pleaded to the King. "No.. Please have mercy, Your Majesty I'm begging you," she continued to sob.

The King looks at the woman in front of him he felt disgusted by her. He let go of her and got up still looking down at her. "I won't kill you, not now but do anything against me and you will not die peacefully, I promise you that my dear consort," he said threatening her.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Thank you" she said bowing at him. Relieve that the King still spare her life, she was so glad that the King still favored her but every hope she had were lost when she heard what he said next.

"In return I want you to give 75% of your allowance to the Consort of Jasmine. You are only allowed to have one carriage, 2 servants and the remaining will all go to the Consort of Jasmine. Stay on your estate until I decide what to do with you. Don't show your face on this palace until I say so. Do you understand?"

Amanda is so shocked by what the King just said. How can she live with that? but it's better than to be dead, she thought to herself. "Yes, Your Majesty," she got up with trembling knees,

"Good, now go! I don't want to see your face here anymore!" he ordered her not looking at her. She bowed again to the King and hurriedly walked out of the room sobbing with a heavy heart and humiliated. "This is all your fault Syl Langley, you will pay for this," she said still crying and full of resentment towards Syl, who doesn't know anything about her ordeal.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note for the readers: :D

Piles are the currency in this world.

I can't believe that I reach chapter 32 already. I never thought that you guys will like my work and even read and vote for it. I know I still have many flaws when it comes to writing but I'm still gonna do my best to make this novel interesting and enjoyable to read for you guys. I want to thank those readers who left messages to my chapters. It helps a lot.. Thank you... Baksu... Baksu!!! ;)