CHAPTER 33: Thanks But No Thanks

Syl hasn't been in the main palace since the incident happened. He decided not to ponder on it too much. What done is done, he can't do anything about it. He pushes him to his limit that he can no longer control his temper and it consumes him and nothing about what he said was a lie all of it was true.

He's just delighted that he was not being called again in the palace. He really wanted to distance himself from that place and to the person who ruled it. He may decide to let it go, but it doesn't mean that he forgive the King. Nope, it won't happen.

He decided not to go out for the meantime and uses his time on developing other antidotes, medicine, and concoction and he's been preparing their little garden for new plants and herbs. He also decided to teach his little brothers to read and write and he was surprised on how fast these children could learn and he thinks that these children have potentials and that makes him teach them more.

Today Ren was out he asked him to go to the Queen Dowager palace and bring her the concoction that he made especially for her. He's left with the children who are now playing in their front yard.

He never imagined that this place will be filled with the laughter of children and it was a nice feeling for him. He was an only child in his time. He never had a chance to be close like this to anyone. He never thought that he would be this happy with siblings and his cherishing every moment that he has with them.

He was watching them play with snow on the porch. When he saw a familiar carriage and he grimaces. He was just thinking of the King not calling for him and now a carriage from the palace is outside his house. He saw Mr.Bhaer went out of the carriage, Syl decided to walk where the man is because he wants it to be over as possible.

"Sir Bhaer, what brings you here?" he greeted and asked the older man not getting out from the front gate of his house. "Good day to you Consort Jasmine," the older man greeted him back. "I'm here to deliver these to you it would be good to see it for yourself," he added.

Syl was stunned when he saw the line of servants outside his villa and some of them are familiar with him. He also saw 3 horses that are with them and 2 carriages that he knew that belong to the consort of Lotus.

Syl looks at Mr. Bhaer and ask. "Why are they here? What's going on?"

"These are the servants of the Lady of Lotus. The King now knew what happened to you while you were in her watch and he decided to punish her by giving you half of her servants, her horses and other things that belong to her. You will also receive 75% of her monthly allowance," he explained to Syl.

Syl looks at the servants and the things that were given by the King. He was not happy at all. If this is a punishment to the lady two face then he doesn't want anything to do with them.

"I don't want anything that hers. Please return it to her Sir Bhaer, or tell the King that I don't want anything to do with his punishment to the Lady of Lotus. Besides, I don't want people that I don't know inside my home," he said to the older man.

But before Mr. Bhaer could speak they heard an excited voice from the back of the consort. "Shadow!" Fredrick shouted excitedly when he saw the horses outside their home. He immediately runs towards the horses.

"Oh, even Hip and Silver are here to," Fredrick said, Syl looks at the face of his excited little brother who's caressing one of the horses that he called shadow he also felt little hands clutching on his pants when he looks down he saw cute little Georgie looking at the horses with amazement. Syl picks him up and walks towards Fredrick.

"Do you know them?" he asked Fredrick who is still caressing the horse. The boy nods at him looking sad. "Yes I know them, Shadow used to be mine, and I use to care for Hip and Silver," Fredrick said looking to Syl with a sad expression.

Syl looks at the sad Fredrick and Georgie who's in his arm. He patted Fredrick's head. "Do you think we can handle and take care of them?" he asked the boy who continued caressing the horse.

Fredrick nodded "Yes we can. We have enough space on the stable and we don't have any horses anyway," he said not realizing why Syl asks this question.

"Would you like to take them?" Syl ask again. Fredrick stops caressing the horse and looks at him surprised. "We could take them?" he asked disbelievingly. Syl just nodded to the teary-eyed Fredrick. Fredrick is too overjoyed he cannot believe that he could be with his horses again. He wanted to see them since he lived with the Consort of Jasmine and was just afraid to go to his previous mistress villa to visit them.

"I promise I will take care of them, I won't neglect my studies and still help with housework too. Thank you, big brother. I will also teach brother Ren on how to care for them and Georgie too," he blabbered happily.

"Just them? Then how about me?" Syl teases the blabbering boy in front of him. The boy stops talking and looks at him. "Big brother can help too if you're not busy," he said shyly. Syl smiled, "of course, I will,"

"Yehey! will have horsey, thank you, brother," Syl and Fredrick stop talking and look at the smiling and clapping child. They were surprised by Georgie's reaction. This child doesn't talk too much that's why they're so happy with this progress. Syl looked at Mr. Bhaer. "I guess we're taking the horses,"

"How about the carriages?" he asked the consort. Syl looks at the fancy carriages and shakes his head. "No, they're too fancy for me," he declines. "And the allowance will you take them, Young Master?" Bhaer asked again. "Oh, that... it sounds tempting, but no, the 10,000 piles from the King and 90,000 from the Queen Dowager is enough for my household and I don't take money that I don't earn myself," Syl explained to Mr. Bhaer.

"Very well. I just tell the King of the Consort decision regarding this matter," he bowed to the consort, went to his carriage and goes back to the palace followed by the servants with the things that used to be owned by the consort of Lotus.