CHAPTER XCVII

Ren followed the Prince, he walked behind him not daring to come near the man who kissed him earlier. He can help but touch his lips and cheeks when he remembered what happened and he can instantly feel the heat from his face. It's a good thing that it was dark and the only light is the torch that the Prince is holding.

Nick notice that Ren didn't come near him after what he had done. He didn't know if he should laugh or cry. The person becomes a rabbit on guard, whenever he stops the person from behind will stop and will step back from him, but he didn't regret want happened, because of that he felt how soft his lips can be and he was certain that he wants to feel that lips again sooner or later. Upon thinking about it he can help but to smile to himself.

They've been walking for a long time now and Ren heard his stomach growled, he saw the person in front of him stop walking and he immediately closes his eyes and hung his head down because of embarrassment he wishes that the ground will split open and eat him alive.

Nick heard the sound of Ren's stomach and realized that they've been walking for a long time and Ren is not like him who is used to this, Ren needs to stop and rest even though he insists his fine he must be starving and tired. He stopped walking and looks at his surroundings and not far from their place he heard the sound of running water.

"I'm tired let's rest first and have something to eat, I heard running water just now let's go there and have rest," he said and turn around to look at the person behind who had his eyes closed, Nick just shakes his head he walks towards the person not making any sound and when he was in front of him he holds his hand and Ren's eyes snapped open.

He was shocked seeing the face of the Prince so near again, he didn't even hear him coming near him and yet here he was. He remembered what happened earlier and he immediately covered his mouth with his hand staring at the Prince.

Nick saw this and can help to laugh not letting go of Ren's hand. Ren frown and tried taking his hand back from the Prince but Nick didn't let go and he instead laughs at him harder. Ren felt irritated and can't help himself but glare at the laughing Prince.

Nick noticed it and decided to stop "Alright I won't tease you anymore, what happened earlier is just payback for making me worry earlier, I won't do it again unless you let me, so stop being vigilant and don't walk behind me anymore," he said and he removes Ren's hand that covered his lips, and he patted him on the head.

"Let's go I'm hungry too, I'll catch fish for us and you cook them alright," he said while he pulled Ren with him.

Ren just look at the person in front of him and sigh, "Alright,"

Ren followed the Prince but instead of following him from the back, he is walking beside the Prince while he holds his left hand Ren wants to take back his hand but the Prince was not letting go so he doesn't have a choice but to hold hands with him. Ren just let a sigh because of his situation.

Nick heard it and just smiles to himself and tightens his hold. But his happiness didn't last when Ren opens his mouth to speak. "Your Highness, I think we should gather some woods so we can start the fire when we get there," Ren said and glances at the Prince with expectant eyes.

This time it was Nick's turn to sigh because he knows that what Ren said makes sense they indeed need some firewood to start a fire, so with hesitation and a bit of reluctance he let go of Ren's little hand and they started gathering firewood.

Their hands are full of tree branches when they reach the river bank and it started to get cold. "You start making fire and I will go the river and see if I could catch us some fish," Nick said and he pulls out his sword and went to the river. Ren stared at his back for a while and remembered the kiss earlier and he felt his face getting hot, he slaps his both cheeks and gathered the woods and started the fire.

***

Archid can hear the loud beat of Syl heart and he can stop himself to let a little smile although their not in a safe situation right now. His smile didn't last for long when he remembered what happened to them when they were both young. The same thing happened and that time they were both hiding and trying to save their lives. Archid subconsciously hugs Syl tighter not minding what the other might feel.

Syl eyes went wide when this person on top of him suddenly hug him tight. He wants to push him but he can hear the footsteps coming near them so he didn't have a choice but to endure it for the meantime and he doesn't like the effect of this man on him. He just wishes that these people change their direction.

"Don't move... their coming" Syl stop breathing when he heard Archid murmured to him and he can still feel Archid breath lingers on his ear. He can feel his face heating up because of what this King just did. So he took a deep breath and decided to grab the side part of the King's clothes and close his eyes.

Trying to hold his breath and his sanity he suddenly felt that his head started to ache and he felt that this situation is kinda familiar to him, and his heart started to beat fast and images started flashing from his mind. Two children hiding in the bushes shivering and scared. He can feel how scared the little child was when he tried to hold his tears and while the other boy hold him tightly though he can feel that the other boy is also scared like him.

Archid senses were all up and alert and he was ready to strike if these people come nearer to their hiding place but luckily those people felt some movement on the other side far from them and they decided to check on that place and started walking away from them. Archid took a deep breath and sigh, "They are gone," he murmured to the person under him and he was about to pull himself up when the person suddenly grips his clothes tighter and felt Syl shook his head and his body trembled.

Archid panic when he felt Syl reaction and immediately stands up to see if he's alright but what he saw pain his heart. Syl eyes are close tightly and his hands trembling while clasping his clothes. He never saw this person so vulnerable before. "Don't go," he heard Syl murmured. He immediately held him in his arms while he caresses his back. He already has an idea of what's happening with him. He's probably remembering what happened to them when they were little.

"Shhh, I'm here love, please don't cry. I'm here, I won't leave you again please love, open your eyes," Archid said with a pained voice, he feels frustrated that he can't do anything to shield Syl from those memories. If it were to him he doesn't want any of this memory to come back to Syl to save him from this trauma.

Syl can feel his heart hurt from the memory that he saw, he knows that this the previous feelings right now, and he didn't suppress it but instead let it go so that the previous will let go of all of his bad memories even though it may hurt them both. He wants the previous to fight his own demons with a promise that he will never live him with his fight. Syl who was floating on his own consciousness and didn't hear what Archid said just now.

He didn't have any idea that Archid knew what he saw. All he knows is that someone is hugging him just like the older boy hugged the little Syl at that time. And that calmed the previous down and Syl felt safe and let his consciousness drift with the previous.

Archid felt that the grip of the other person from his clothes loosen and his breathing becomes even, he pulled himself to check on Syl and saw that he was sleeping and the eyes though still close look more relax that earlier. Archid felt relieved that Syl is alright and was able to sleep. He wishes that Syl can have a good dream because he deserves one because of what he just remembered. He caresses Syl face and kisses his forehead. "Have a good rest my love and I'm sorry,"