CHAPTER 7: Waking up and Trouble

Streams of memory just flowed in his mind, the memory of Syl about this guy in front of him. His name is Ren Fletcher his aide that was given to him by the King. The previous Syl treat him as his younger brother rather than a servant or an aide. Syl remembers that Ren also died protecting him.

He looked at the young boy beside him. He's quite small and petite for his age if he remembers correctly this kid is 2 years younger than him. He's wearing a brown open cross collar shirt with long sleeves and a black trouser reaches below the knee and a black sash that tied around his waist. He was still staring at Ren when he turned around after fixing the bed.  The boy looked at him with a puzzled look. "Young master, is there something the matter? Why aren't you changed yet?" Ren asked.

He was awakened from his musing when he heard Ren's voice. He straightens his posture and then he saw himself at the mirror beside him then notice that he's still in his nightgown. Really!! a nightgown how medieval my mom will shriek if she saw me. He thought to himself. "Oh yeah I'm sorry I was lost in my thoughts," he smiled to him. Ren just nodded and went through his closet and brought out his clothes. He was about to ask where he can wash up and that's the time when his stomach growled.

Ren look at him and laugh "Young master I think I have to prepare breakfast now," then he left him and went downstairs. Syl doesn't know what to do he looked at the clothes in his hand and frown. How will I wear these kind clothes? If I know that I will be in this kind of predicament I should have just let my mother dress me in these clothes before. He said with a sigh. He took deep breath and decided to wash and get dress.

He looks around the room and stood up though his mind doesn't know where he's going but his body just reacted and went to the door beside his closet. He went in and do everything that needs to be done and just like finding the bathroom in his room, his body just knows what to do with the clothes,  he wears it like he was used to it. It feels like someone was controlling him during those times.

Maybe because the previous is merged with him that's why he was able to do the things he doesn't know and remember things that he hasn't seen before. It feels like he knew the memory of the past but not all of it. He wondered to himself. He then heard a knock on the door and when he went out of the bathroom Ren is already inside his room and waiting for him.

"Young master breakfast is ready let's go and eat I'm quite hungry myself," he said excitedly. He smiled at him and nod, he followed him to go outside but before he can go out he notice his appearance in the mirror, he saw that his wearing a cream color shirt and the hem is long that reaches below his knee and the sleeves are long too and his wearing an ankle length pants with light blue waistband.

He went to check his face, nothing much has changed he still got his emerald eyes with little blue specks and shaped like an almond, his button nose, and his thin lips.  It's still the same face in the future except of course his wearing spectacles at this time.

Then he notices that his not wearing any shoes he looked around and he saw old boots beside the door. You really are unfavored consort just old footwear, he thought. He took the boots and sits on his bed and wore it. Ren is still at the door looking at him. It's the first time that his master looks dejected by just looking at the old boots he felt pity for the consort.

When he was done putting the boots on, he saw Ren waiting for him by the door. He frowned "Why are still here? I thought you're hungry?" he asked. He notices that Ren tense up and bowed his head when he asked him.

He stood up and walk towards the door when he's in front of him Ren apologized. "I'm sorry master for complaining earlier I should never said that," he felt a pity for the boy. He touches his head and he felt him stiffen.

He sighed.  "Come on Ren I'm not angry because you of what you said earlier I was just worried that you wait for me although you are hungry next time just went down and eat you don't have to always wait for me you don't have to hold yourself back when you're around me. You're like a little brother to me," he said and ruffled the boy's hair.

Ren was surprised to hear what his master told him. He knew that his master was different to those royals in this palace. He is fortunate enough to be given to his kind young master. He never scolded him for his shortcomings and always treated him kindly.

When he was brought inside the palace he was terrified of what will happen to him but when he was brought to his master he felt relieved because this master of him is like an angel. Even though his treatment is not as good as those other consort he will still choose his young master, and now his young master told him that he likes his little brother he was overwhelmed by this.

This is the first time that someone regarded him as a family. Ever since he was young he was treated differently by his family until his 13th birthday, that's when his parents told him that he was not their real son that his parents are dead and now that he was old enough he had to pay them back by selling him to be a servant in the palace. That is when his hell begun until he meets his young master.

Tears were welling up thru his eyes he looked up at his master to thank him but he can't speak. He just sniffed and hugged his young master tightly. And he promised himself that he would never leave his master, whatever happened he will stay with him until his last breath.

Syl was surprised by the sudden hug. He was confused at first before he realized that the previous never told Ren that he saw him as his little brother and that is one of the regrets of the previous before Ren died. He also knew what kind of life that Ren had before he was brought to Syl.

He returned his hug as tight as what his given him and patted his back to reassure him. "I will always be loyal to you, master," he heard Ren said with his muffled voice and between his sobs. He patted Ren's head lightly.

"I know little brother I know. And I promise to be always by your side and I won't let anything bad happened to you," Ren just nodded and sniffed. That is when they both heard a loud growl and they both laughed.

Ren detached himself from Syl and wipe his tears. "I guess are stomach are already protesting don't you think?" Syl ask while laughing.

"I agree. Come on master let's eat before the food gets colder," Ren answered him. Syl nodded his head and they both came down the stairs. Ren runs down the stairs with snow running along with him.