CHAPTER 41 : Wrath

The Queen Dowager watches as Syl takes the crying crown prince out of the room. She's thankful with the Consort for coming to save her grandchildren, but she's disappointed with herself and her sons. How come they didn't notice that there is something wrong with the crown prince and the little prince, they neglected these children without them knowing it. That's why that woman got this idea that she could hurt those children. She dared to hurt her grandchildren, that woman must prepare herself to receive her sons wrath she knows that they will not let it slip.

The Queen Dowager decided to send her servant to get Nathan the royal healer to treat the children. She wanted Syl to rest and relax for a while. She came near him after he was done showering the two boys. He won't let anyone to touch the boys except for his brother and her. Syl is still on his guard like a parent to his children she notices and she understands.

Syl is sitting on the edge of the bed he was watching the boys sleep. He felt a hand on his shoulder when he looked up he saw the teary eyes of the Queen Dowager, he was about to stand up to get her a chair, but the Queen Dowager stops him.

"You just sit there," she told him and he saw her pulled a chair in the corner and sat down beside the bed. He only nods at her. They were quiet for a while until he heard her speak.

"Syl I want to thank you for saving my grandchildren thank you for hearing them out," the Queen Dowager tells him. "No need to thank me Your Highness anyone would do the same."

"I think you're wrong," she disagrees with him. "If anyone would do the same just as you said, these children will not suffer for a long time, Not everyone is like you Syl not everyone," she said while tears fall down her eyes. Syl just stayed quiet and didn't say anything.

They stayed quiet for quite some time and just watching the boys sleep. "Syl you should eat do you want me to send someone to get food?" the Queen Dowager ask him, and Syl looks at her. "No your highness I'm alright," he answered her. "Your Highness, is their fathers coming?" It was Syl who ask her this time.

"I already send someone to tell them what happened here, They might be on their way," she answered Syl while she caresses the Crown Prince head.

As if on cue they heard hurried steps coming from the stairs. "What happened here?" Archid asks with an angry voice. A messenger of his mother came and told him that something happened to his son, and he immediately came here feeling worried. His worries intensify when he saw his brother wearing the same expression that he has with the royal healer. They immediately ran upstairs.

Syl heard the angry voice of the King. He stood up from his spot and look towards them and saw the King walk inside the room followed by the Prince who immediately came near his son to check the little prince. He saw Nathan and nod at him. The royal healer hurriedly walks to the side of the Crown Prince to check him.

"I didn't do too much, I just clean their wounds I didn't put anything, I figure that you know them better than me, I could not risk putting anything and make it worst," he said to the healer while he watches him inspect the child. "You made a good call there," Nathan said without looking at the consort. He was about to lift the upper garment of the crown prince, but Syl is already on it.

After his mother explains everything that happened. He cannot believe what he just heard. The woman who he entrusted his son and nephew had beaten them and no one bothered to tell him. His son the Crown Prince was abused without him knowing. Anger and disappointment are mixed inside him. He wants to kill someone right now.

She dared touched the son of the King. Do they think so little of me? Do they think that I will just let it slip and do nothing? That's where they wrong! He thought. He was about to walk out of the room and go to that vile woman when he heard his son whimpered. He hurriedly walks beside the bed and there he saw the wounds in his son's back and he also notices some scars. His eyes travel down on his son's wrist and saw the wound around his wrist a mark of being tied up.

His fuming while he looks at his son's condition. Is this the way they will repay him of what he had done for them? Is this the result of always thinking the wellbeing of his land and his people? Is this how they will repay him for what he had done for this country? He could not hold up his anger anymore he unconsciously grabs the chair and throws it on the wall. He started thrashing around the room. He could not hear the cries of the children anymore.

Prince Nick watches while Nathan applies the salves in the Crown Prince back he looks at the boy's condition he cannot believe that this happened to a royal child. He then looks at his own son, who is silently sleeping and beside him the younger brother of the consort, who's holding the little boy's hand. He went beside him and he's about to touch his son's back to stroke it but someone grabs his wrist and it was Ren. When he looks at him he just shakes his head, his eyes full of sorrow. He felt cold all over his body when he saw the look in his eyes, he already has an idea what lays under the thin clothing of his child.

When Nathan turns to the little prince and lifted the thin cloth on his back he saw the same wounds that his nephew had on his own child's back and they were all fresh. His little boy had endured this kind of treatment from a mere governess. All he could do is stared on his little son's back and think of ways how he will punish that vile woman. Then he heard something being thrown around the room. He knows that it is his brother but he could not stop him for now, because he himself is struggling to stop himself from doing the same thing.

Syl was shocked when he saw what the King just did. He was thrashing around the room and no one dared to stop him. The children are starting to cry in panic and the Prince is not doing anything. He needs to do something. So he braves himself and went near the King and when he was in front of him he slapped him as hard as he can to wake him up.

"Please calm down Your Majesty," he said after slapping him. Syl is so scared when he saw the burning eyes of the King he gulp before he reaches to the Kings face. " Please, You need to calm down, you're scaring the children," he said while looking straight to his eyes with his soft and pleading voice. In everyone surprises the King closed his eyes and nods.

"Where is she?" They heard the cold voice of the Prince. Syl looks at the Prince and felt a chill run down on his body. He never knew that this usual smiling Prince can turn this fierce. His eyes are burning with hatred, his not looking at anyone. His eyes are locked with his child, who is crying at Ren's arms. Ren is also trembling because of nervousness.

"She's already in the dungeon," It was the Queen Dowager who answered him. "I'm going now," Prince Nick said to no one. He walks towards the door still not looking to anyone. "I'm coming with you," Archid said while he removes Syl's hands from his face. Prince Nick just nodded. They were about to head outside but they stop when they heard the consort speak.

"I know that both of you have a responsibility to fulfill in this land, People are depending on you, Expecting you to care and protect them, but don't forget that family is more important than that," he stated.

"Are you saying that it is more important than this Kingdom, Than our legacy?" the King question him without looking at him. "Yes. Because those people can easily turn their backs on you once they're not satisfied with you, but your family will always be behind you even if you're in the worst situation," Syl stated firmly.

The King and the Prince didn't say anything they just walk away. Syl just watches the retreating back of the King. He just watches them leave. Everyone just sighs with relief and the children already stop crying and fall asleep.

The Queen Dowager looks at Syl in wonder. How can this child do that thing with her son? No one can calm Archid that fast except for his husband, but Syl just did it like it was nothing. She felt like she was in the past, when Noah Syl's father will always take over when Richard the late King her husband is in rage. This child is indeed different. Thus her husband knew what this child can do for their son? She thought to herself.