nishinoya x reader

so took a while cuz school :,) im sorry but anyway enjoy

————

    Today's the day that she'll get married. After all the chasing, confessing, and all the trials, they're finally getting married. I, along with many people, will be the witness for that wonderful event.

    I brush her hair, and she smiles at our reflection. I'm really happy for her, she looks really happy and excited, and surely full of love. The two are just amazing.

    I remember hearing her, now, to-be-husband confessing to her. It was weird and sudden, really, but no one really expected them to get together after high school. They look.. perfect.

    "What's with the frown (Y/n)-chan?" She asks, worriedly smiling at my reflection on the mirror as I fixed her hair. "Shouldn't you be happy on my special day?"

    "I am, Kiyoko-san.. just envious." She placed her hand on mine, smiling as she turned to face me properly. "You ended up with a very good man. He'll love you—he already have before this day or before you laid your eyes on him. Lovers like that are rare."

    "Don't be." She laughs, smiling brightly as a manner of cheering me up. "You will end up with someone similar, or even better. They just need to see how they're missing out so much on a beautiful and wonderful woman like you." I fake a tear, and carefully give her a hug.

    "I might've loved you instead, you're such a smooth talker." I tease, and we both laugh.

    The door opens, revealing one of the staffs—who is she again? "The bride and the bridesmaid has to get ready to head out. It's almost time."

    We hurried, and headed out. I followed behind her, holding on to the ends of her long wedding gown as she walked down the aisle with her father.

    I went to Nishinoya's side, Ryu's best man, and watched the whole ceremony progress. I keep looking at his way instead of theirs, and he'd flash me a smile whenever he catches me staring or glancing at him.

    The man who gets to marry the woman everyone likes isn't him after all. Today she'll be Tanaka Kiyoko, and we will only be watching at them elope, while I watch him swallow his feelings as he watches the couple.

    Everything seemed to happen quickly, and the main event has ended. His eyes were on her the whole time—except when he'd look at me because I keep staring.

    "(Y/n), hey (Y/n)." I look at the person waving their hand at my face, seeing Nishinoya chuckle at my face. "They're gonna do the thing now... catch the bouquet and you'll get married next." Oh, that's already on?

    "Yeah, thanks for snapping me out." Single for all of my life.

    Nishinoya brings me to the back, and before I was even able to adjust, Kiyoko-san threw the bouquet and I had caught it. Everyone's jaw dropped and I couldn't even process what had happened.

    Kiyoko-san laughed at my expression, smiling as if she had actually aimed for me. I smile at the couple as Ryu smoothly wraps an arm around her waist and kisses her cheek.

    Everyone had their own designated tables, and I am seated with Nishinoya and some of our friends from high school. Sugawara-san, Sawamura-san and Michimiya-san, Azumane-san, Narita, Ennoshita, and Kinnoshita.